• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry about updating a little bit later Coz1, I just went to have something to eat. I must say though all of this Evian is making me use the bathroom quite alot but it's fun. Anyway, it seems your doing okay against The US, keep up the good work! Looknig forward to the next update!

i'm too still hanging out till the bitter end! if i dont get sleep before becasue of alcohol

Has anyone pointed out its Santa Anna, not Ana, yet?

Great going so far Coz...I just joined in, but decided to make up for lost time with some Bombay Sapphire. Good luck against the stars and stripes...I always hate seeing 'em chomping away on ol' Mexico.

Time: 3:42pm
Beers: Just cracked my 11th
State: Pissed! Both angry and drunk
Music: Flowers in the Dirt by Paul McCartney
Game Time: Feb 1846

Folks - this war will not end! I could go through all the ups and downs, but suffice it to say, I am getting my ass handed to me on a platter and no matter what I offer, the US will not agree. I ahave included Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas and they still reject it!!!

I evenb got the UK on my side and still nothing!!

Market regulatyions were debated in the campaign - drink

My entire army destroyed in Dallas - DRINK!!!

Lost furniture - drink

I did put dsown a colony in Duome, but Beua is revolting and I cannot get there until the war is over.

No idea how this will end up but I about to throw the computer across the room. If they would just offer me something, I would accept. But they do not, nor will they accept anything I suggest. Very frustrating!!

Thanks for following, all of you! I will be back later to tell you what they would not accept the next time. :mad: :( :confused:

As you can tell, this is when things really hit me. Not only would the US not give in, but the loss of my army was devestating! I fear it was the drink that made me send those guys in there, but once I lost them, it was really all over. I recall just sitting there hoping and praying they would send some form of peace offer, but nothing doing.

Last edited:
I wonder why The USA will not accept peace? This is indeed weird and I have just finished off my entire pint glass too. :D Well if push comes to shove and you really think you deserve those provinces you won, just do Neville, always helps and is fair when you have won something but The AI refuses to give in.

11 beers and great power status! wow, I´m not sure what impresses me more. 5 and a half litres of beer, boy I´d be pissed and out like a light by now. Keep on rockin´ man!

Meltdown1986 said:
11 beers and great power status! wow, I´m not sure what impresses me more. 5 and a half litres of beer, boy I´d be pissed and out like a light by now. Keep on rockin´ man!

Yes, 11 beers and still able to write /almost/ correctly ;), that is impressive. Or maybe they have different beer in USA than we have here in Czech Rep.? :)

Yeah, five pints of beer usaully knocks me out like a light aswell though Coz1 is doing very well! Anyway, I think I'll head up to bed now, it is after 10:00pm in The UK and we old people need our sleep, just joking. :D Anyway night all!

Give 'em hell. Stop offering them land and let the English do some dying. Does Polk like his White House rare or well done?

Ksim3000 said:
Yeah, five pints of beer usaully knocks me out like a light aswell though Coz1 is doing very well! Anyway, I think I'll head up to bed now, it is after 10:00pm in The UK and we old people need our sleep, just joking. :D Anyway night all!

well, here in Prague is after 11pm, time to finally declare war to some pub ;)

so, good luck to you, Coz1
viva Mexico!

See you after I finish my annexation ;)

Just caught up again. I was out for some hours. Hey, what a shitty war, I should say! And it's good to see you still doing very little typos! You can even say how many beers you've drank, still! :rofl:

Time: 4:23pm
Beers: On my 12th
State: "If I happen to die, please take this hat off of my head"
Music: The Hour of the Bewilderbeast by Badly Drawn Boy
Game Time: August 1847

Well folks - it was bad...very bad. I don't use Neville, and even if I did, it would not have helped since they owned half of my bloody country. Be that as it may, I offered Oklaohoma, Colorado andmore of Texas and they finally accepted - the little bastards!

And to rub it in, they tried to buy New Mexico and Arizona after it was all over - I told them to piss off!!

Furhter, I now have no middle OR upper class. Drove them all off with my taxes, Hrmph. Had to do something to win the war.

Anyway, I balanced the budget and still fin myself as the #6 Great Power - not too bad.

I improve relations with HOnduras, finally getting them to +46

Send troops to Africa and quell the rebellion in Buea

I set poor taxes to 70% to pay for education since I am falling woefully behind

Had some wine stock spoilt - drink up (and Flavius - you can sip, no need to shoot it - that's the equivalent of one beer!)

I still find myself fighting revolt in Cali..."going back to Cali, Cali, Cali, going back to Cali...not I don't think so." (I wish that were the case.)

Thanks for follwoing gentlemen, and goodnight Ksim3000. Still more to go - I am trying to at leat get a nice 12 hour session here...ugh. Not even 5pm yet here... :eek:

Well, at least they made peace. But I did learn a very important lesson from this session. Never tax your middle and upper class above 49% if you don't want to lose them. They will fly like the wind otherwise! And unbelievable that it was not even 5pm yet. How did I do this?

Last edited:
Beeing a bit too young for all the drinking, I still support your AAR, and get the revenge on tose filthy americans ( I drank a low-alcoholic cider two hours ago, does that count?) :D

Sure, that counts Z. Every little bit helps.

A bit late on this one as the power went out and it take forever for everything to load back up!@!!

Anywho...

Time: 5:31
Beers: One 12 pack down and starting in on the Bud Light
State: Cheaper by the Dozen, or something like that...
Music: Elephant by The White Stripes
Game Time: Feb, 1849

Started this session by putting more craftsmen in the lumber yard

Then I had some traitors from the UK, among places - I imprisoned them - didn't want to deal with the relations drop that it woul ential - I've worked too hard

Built 2 more transports for a secret mission...of which you will find out soon enough

The Uk sent us a force, unexpectantly - so we used them to mop up the revolts in Cali

I improved relations with Honduras a couple of times - it's looking good for nnow, I hope to get at least access soon enough

I raised poor taxes back to 100% to pay for colonies and put one down in Ngaoundere

Started researching Exp. RR finally

And then some new fashion appeared - so that's a drink (it's around this time everything shut off, but I tossed one down anyway)

I put defense spending back to 100% by the end of the session, and improved relations with UK and Honduras again

And now back to the grindstone...

The power going out really irritated me as it takes forever for Vickie to load on my computer, but perhaps it allowed for me to sober up a bit. One of the things that began in this part was the constant effort by the UK to send me their troops. I didn't want to pay for them, but they didn't seem to mind. Maybe they were trying to bankrupt me. And as for the secret plan - I fear that was the drink talking. Read on.

Last edited:
Anibal - What's it good for?

Time: 6:15
Beers: Just started #15
State: Let's just say I'm starting to air guitar
Music: Still The White Stripes
Game Time: May 1850

Began this session reinforcing troops in California - I loaded them on my four transports and sent them off to Korea!

I built a public museum right around the time Ideclared war on Korea

Election campaign launched - great, just what I needed!

So far I have won several victories against the Koreans. Lot's of drinks.

I had aliberal professor vreate problems in Cali - go figure.

I increased rel. with the UK to+200

Started research on Organized fdactories

Had defense issues debated - I chose Iwill not stand back

then i got some godd prestige events -
+150 ofr Hegalian Idealism
+100 for Proto Existentialism

As ofnow, Iam currently tryin totake Korea.

You maystart to see less spaces since Idroped my keyboard on a really good guitar lick and the space button is now fucked. :rolleyes:

It's all foir the ganme, right??

At this point, I must blame The White Stripes. Damn power chords made my air guitar a bit too big and sweeping thus leading to the keyboard catastrophe. From here on out, typing became ten times harder as I had to deal with trying to maintain spacing between my words. Not an easy task when you are drunk. As for Korea - that was a total bust. I had read about the plan elsewhere and say, "hey, that's sounds like a good idea." Little did I know they would dress every damn Korean citizen in uniform and fight me tooth and nail! Disaster!!

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions: