• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
very interesting idea! dont know why but when i read this i got horrible ''have to get beer'' feeling :rofl:

Time: 11:15am
Beers: 2 1/2 (not much action this last go around)
State: "Looking good Billy", "Feeling good Lewis"
Music: Stephen Stills by Stephen Stills (I do like CSNY)
Game Time: Aug, 1838

Not a terribly exciting time, but...

Colonies laid down in:
Kribi (Cameroon)
Buea (Cameroon)
Warri (Nigeria)
Togo (Gold Coast)

Started research on Mechanical Production

Improved relations with UK again, not quite as much of a bump this time :mad:

Had some fruit stock spoilt - sip

Started getting some clothes finally - sip - plus I was able to turn 39,000 into craftsmen who were promptly put to work in the Liqour Distillary with some layabout clerks (had to start buying glass though)

Still cannot get any MP even though I am #1 in Prestige right now, around #10 over all.

Fairly good session

Glad you joined us Flavius - where are you drinking from? And you too Mr. Kaputt - go ahead and have you one...or three. ;)

Ksim3000 - fear not, I've got it covered! But it is horrible to go without the beer. :(

See you in a few.

Wow, it looks you are doing well...
Keep the good work and build more liquor factories so your people can enjoy their tequilas! ;)

State: finished my 2nd (and unfortunately last) beer, so I have to wait until evening and then mobilize some friends and annex some pub somewhere.

Well, on the other hand, it´s 18:24 here in Europe, so I have to be without the beer for only couple of hours. :D

Good update Coz1, I have continued to drink my Evian. :D Yes, definatly a good way to go with those Liquor Factories. Also Colonization is good too, make sure you also colonize all of Cameroon and expand into Upper Cameroon, that will definatly give you a nice edge in Africa. Anyway I look forward to the next update and drink. :D

Time: 11:55 am
Beers: Just started my fourth
State: "Arthur, it would take a real woman to stop you from drinking.", "She'd have to be a real big woman."
Music: Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet
Game Time: Jan, 1840 (called it earlier, didn't I?)

More colonization, and I am definitely sticking in and around Cameroon - picked up Duak to finish it off, plus added Lagos and Mahin in Nigeria

Added some more craftsmen, and thus layabout clerks to the factory - keep drinking boys - I am thinking of expanding, but I really need a lumber yard - must get those MP from Mechanical production

The Revolts started in USCA and already El Salvador and Guatamala hae broken away. I tried to get the later into an alliance so I could finish off Texas, but it was a no go.

However, my overtuers towards the UK are going well - two letters and relations rose to +99 and then +125.

We discovered Gold in Durango, so I took a sip, and then lost some coffee somewhere - another sip.

Had to compromise in a workers strike, and an election campaign has begun. Already, they have debated trade issue, hotly I might add - so add another sip.

Wolfhound - annex that pub! It needs to be part of your state. :D

Let's keep drinking gentlemen - I am still rather thirsty myself - though I did annex 1/2 of a sandwich already. ;)

welll... actually i have took already atleast 4 beers
i just came from sauna and swiming in the hole in the ice :rofl: We do that in finland.looking forward to next update. (if i can hold that long :rolleyes: )

1840 already, pretty quick I must say though you were right. :D Good job on getting Cameroon too, it will definatly help you get into Africa. Well I am still drinking my Evian, got alot of water still left in my pint glass. :D Anyway I look forward to the next update and Evian.

You could also tell us your current alcoholic level in each update (perhaps within a scale like from a box of pure milk to Boris Yeltsin or such), or would you be so drunk to even do this? :D

Time: 12:35pm
Beers: 4 1/2
State: As Flavius has already said, "I'm still thirsty"
Music: Who's Next by The Who
Game Time: July 1841

Indemnities have run out with Texas, but I need to wait until 1842 to DoW again.

Guatamala was annexed, and then Nicaragua declared ind. - of course, Guatamala re-appeared near the end of the timeframe

I did very well with letters to the UK - first to +162 and then to +196 - next stop, allianceville

The elections are going to kill me:
- minority issues debated - must be culturally assimilated - sip
- Religious issues debated - only 1 true religion - sip
- Partido Conservador won re-election - sip again

Plus, an underground newspaper started trying to make trouble, I left them alone, but drank anyway

Started research on Idealism, and used the MP to build a lumber yard in Sonora

Put a coaling station on Wake Island - damn US beat me to Midway! Also put a colony in Akassa (Nigeria) - I am now in a race to see who will start colonizing Upper Cameroon - I am waiting for my earlier Cameroon colonies to finish to give me the land bridge - have the money already - Yaonde, here I come!

Oh, and Honduras declared ind. - dated a girl from Honduras once - very nice, she was.

Kaputt - if you are swimming in ice, you should be drinking whisky -warms you up!

Ksim3000 - maybe use some food coloring - might make it look better at least. ;)

Anibal - I'm using the quotes in the "State" section for that, but suffice it to say, Yeltsin has much on me at the moment - though my nose is starting to turn red. ;)

Thanks for the tip Coz1, I might just do that if I get very desperate though I must say, this Evian is indeed quite nice. Anyway you lucky guys, drink ye beers up and I look forward to the next update! :D

Time: 1:23
Beers: Just cracked my 7th
State: "Some people get busy livin' and some people get busy dyin'." And some of us get busy drinkin' - holding strong!
Music: Still Who's Next
Game Time: April 1843 (I speeded the game up a tad)

OK, Honduras lost four provinces (I think - though they look fairly large for losing territory - maybe they actually won - is the alcohol starting to get to me?)

Lumber Yard is completed and now has two sets of craftsmen and two sets of clerks working diligently

Colonies were placed in Port Harcourt and Yaonde! Woohoo!

Nicaragua also lost to USCA and this I know is true.

I raised relations with Honduras, because I will need access through them to get all of USCA in war. Also tried to get that alliance with the UK and they declined! Bah! Relations are back to +196 with them.

Had a gold rush in Durango.

Played around with the budget - poor taxes to 60%, everyone else to 49% - I have no more upper class - hrmph! Taxed them to death, I guess.

Built two clipper transports so I could get arouind the oceans, especially my colonies in Africa. France has troops on the border with Cameroon, which is now part of my nation. It gave me a great boost in Prestige, plus I got Neokantian Idealism worth +50 prestige, which put me back in first place. 7th overall, so I am now a Great Power.

Started research on Clean Coal. I need to get some RR down and need Exp. RR for that.

Finally, I had a diplomatic insult with the US and decided to be bold - I demand an apology (at the cost of 100 rel. points, but a gain of 1 prestige.)

Ksim3000 - keep it up my good man. Regardless of what you are drinking, I appreciate the audience!

I think this is when the drink began to get to me. You'll notice I went from 4 1/2 to 7 in between posts. I apparently was not paying very good attention to Central America and the warmth in my belly made me a tad too bold with that diplomatic insult from the US. Might not have held them off anyway, but the souring of relations, whatever I had at the time, surely didn't help me later.

Last edited:
Your on your 7th beer already? Your writing still seems very good, I can't see the slurring yet. :D Anyway thanks and I'll just drink some more of my Evian to celebrate the founding of the new colonies and those clipper transports. Anyway good luck on your next update! :D

Buurr! That's cold, Kaputt

Time: 2:09pm
Beers: Almost finished with #8
State: Holy Crap!
Music: New York by Lou Reed
Game Time: March 1844

Well, this is it folks. The moment we've all been waiting for. First thing that happened when I returned to the game - I get the USA claims Texas event. I could choose to let it be, or fight it and I fought it. I invade Texas and the US and USCA join in.

It was not too long before I annex Texas - that's I downed beer to you and me (luckily, I was halfway finished with one anyway)

I get an TRaitor fro France event - I execute him!

USCA settles for indemnities after I have taken three of thei provinces, including the capital

So it's just me and the US now.

California is up in arms from the event and I have 20,000 tropps trying to take care of that. Thank God for those transports.

I have already retreated from two battles and won another from the US along the Texas border - that's one sip for the win, six for the two retreats

I am waiting for Santa Ana to get his ass up from the south so I have a fighting chance and Cos is marching on Dallas as we speak. It's pretty hairy. so I better get back and tend to business!

Oh, and I sent another diplomat to the UK after they Guaranteed our independance (a bit late, if you ask me) - our elations are now at +200 - too bad I cabn't get them to help - I might see if they want an offensive alliance though

And Ksim3000 - I am still doing pretty well about ctahcing typos as I type, though some may still sneak through ;)

The drink had definitily hit by this point. Typos aplenty. And this war was the beginning of the end. Those retreats damn near killed me!

Last edited:
I can now see a few typos and a bit of slurring coming along already but keep it up, your doing very good! :D I'll take the necssary sips of Evian for the victories. Anyway, good luck on fighting The USA! I've seen many Mexican games where most of the time The US achieved victory but keep it up! Your doing good!

Time: 2:51
Beers: Just finishing #9
State: Semi-Sober, but feeling doomed
Music: Beggars Banquet by The Rolling Stones
Game Time: Nov 1844

Yikes! Houston falls to the US. And they are marching on Colrado and Oklahoma,which I claimed the last turn (forgot to say that)

I claim Banenda (Upper Cameroon)

I have a victory in Dallas and then imprison some Frenchie traitors

Build two artillary corps and two regular corps (took me three times to type that)

Victory in Houston again
Victory in Oklahoma City

Then the UK refuses another offensive alliance and the US refuses a deal for Muskogee

Retreat from Houston
Defeated in Musjokee

Sent lve to UK - up to +194

Defeated in Oklahoma City

Election Campiagn launched (great! Just what I need)

Defeated in Dallas

I choose One true religion in Rel. issues debated

Us rejects peace deal for Oklahoma (the whole dame state!)

Victory in Dallas
And Santa Ana is marching on San Antonio, supported by an artillery corps from Revilla

Us currently has control of 1/2 Colorado, all of Oklahoma and San Antonio and Austin in Texas.

No idea how this will come out!!!

And Ksim3000, thanks for following along.

By this point in the war, I was beginning to get really angry, and the drink was not helping. Nor did the election campaign. Typing became extremely difficult as I had to focus twice as much to where my fingers were going. Had I simply left it without correction, the typos would have been much worse.

Last edited: