• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
everytime you are forced to lower defence spending below a certain line, forced to take taxes higher than a certain line, take a sip.

If Germany is created, down your beer

If Italy is created, down your beer

If scandinavia... well you get the idea :)

Probably not most expensive Flavius - some of the hard liqour ones surely went above mine, especially Paranoid Tsar's later attempts in Coat on the Floor II and III. And Dan Cook - I am afriad that will be a hard order. ;)

MegaPIMP - what is Marieborg or Zipfer? Drinks?

And I've been doing some research around the GD and AAR section for pointers on what to do. I think, more than anything, I will be trying to get UK on my side. And do some colonization if I can afford it. It's harder to get money though in 1.03 since you get lowered prestige from selling tech for $.

South American expansion is a must, and Canada looks ripe too. :D And Judge, I will most likely be yelling lot's of things, so I will add that to the list!

Z - I afraid all those budget slider changes would have me on the floor in the first hour. :( But I will use the other suggestions for Germany, Italy, etc. though I doubt they will come into play. Watch this be the first game that they actually form for me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, less than 24 hours to go. Going to the store after work to pick up the needed items and stock up on foods and such. I'll check back in a couple more times before 10am tomorrow for any other suggestions. I'm looking forward to this...though I'm not sure my liver is. ;)

Shame you've bought stuff already - I was gonna sugges that Corona has to be the beer if you're playing as Mexico :)...

I might be able to catch some of this - if I can it'll be one of the few times I'll ever be greateful for times zone differences.

aake - I can't make that promise. ;)

NeilJT - Corona is definitely on my list of beer to purchase!

And all of you, if you can follow along, try and keep up drinking-wise. It'll make it more fun for all of us. :D As I post each update, it will include how many beers I have consumed so you'll have an idea of how much you need to drink. ;)

LOL I look forward to watching this Coz1 on Saturday. However, since I live in The UK, I was wondering, could you tell me which state you are located so I can compare the time difference to that of The UK? I don't wanna miss the show! :D Also I'd drink with you my friend but The Doctor has put me on some medication so I can't drink beer for a few months so take a sip for me while your at it, please? :D

Okay, what else you can drink too:

Everytime you build a plain Infantry, Cavalry or Dragoon division, take a sip. However, each time you build a division with an attached brigade, take three sips.

Everytime you build a new General, take a sip

When a new country is formed (E.g, The CSA or Canada) take a sip

When countries become civilized (E.g, Japan) take a sip

Remember Ksim3000 suffering without his beer and take a sip. :D

Ksim3000 - I live on the East Coast (Eastern Standard Time - the same as New York City) in the states (Georgia to be precise). I think London is about 6 hours ahead of me. Does that help? And even if you can't drink with me, it will be great having you along for the ride!

As for those rules, I'm not sure they will all go in. Especially not the army building. That's just too much. Perhaps with countries forming in NA. That's pretty good. I doubt I will even notice when other countries become civilized, and I'm starting to think that all of these rules may get severly mixed up as my level of intoxication grows. It may be harder for me to remember when I have to drink than to actually play the game. But I'm going to give it the old "college" try. ;)

coz1 said:
As for those rules, I'm not sure they will all go in. Especially not the army building. That's just too much. Perhaps with countries forming in NA. That's pretty good. I doubt I will even notice when other countries become civilized, and I'm starting to think that all of these rules may get severly mixed up as my level of intoxication grows. It may be harder for me to remember when I have to drink than to actually play the game. But I'm going to give it the old "college" try. ;)
You could try writing them down, though after awhile it may get a bit harder to read them(put them in big CAPITAL letters to help). :D

Actually, Texas in VIP gets an event very early where the most likely outcome is they get all of present day Texas and New Mexico, and Mexico's claims on Colorado (2 of 3), as well as their initial claim (1 of 3) on Sequoyah. With that start, and other useful events, Texas could fit nicely for this AAR.

Coz1, thanks, that really does help. I'll go onto the world time server online and check the time you will begin in Georgia. Also thanks, I look forward to seeing how well you and the other guys do. I'll probably just drink some water instead. :D It won't be bad but hey, I don't wanna be left out. Ah well, it's better to obey The Doctor's orders. :(

Anyway those rules were just a suggestion and I agree, I think the army building would be too much. Still I look forward too seeing how well you do and I have a feeling we're all gonna have a wild day! :D

I think Im gonna particpate Coz :)

everytime you have to drink, im gonna have me a drink (just remember to put it in your AAR)...except im gonna stick with Tequilla....with Corona thrown in (hey I dont need to die during this) joy

Quite right, M.ShawPyle - however as I will be the one telling Santa Ana what to do and drink, hopefully history will not repeat itself. In fact, I mean for it not to. :D And personguyfellow, I plan on looking at that VIP for Texas, because I would very much like to do this with her as well, though with some slightly altered rules here and there.

Yes, one hour (give or take a minute or two) to go. The fridge is well stocked with both food and beer (12-pack of Corona to start and then I will move to my beloved Bud Light.)

Here is how this will work:
- I will begin play at exactly 10am and play for 30 minutes.
- At that time, I will stop wherever I am in the game and come here to report it to you
- After taking a few moments to attend to a few other duties, I will resume play and do it all over again.

Thus, updates will not quite be every thirty minutes - probably more like every 45 minutes or so. Further, I am getting ready to load up the game and make my first moves since that always takes a bit longer. This way, as soon as the clock hits 10, I will unpause and go to work. Now I will pause within the game, and some years will go faster than others. I will make sure to give you the year when I update, as well as some other choice information. But like I said, it won't be anything fancy because I will need to get back to the game fairly quickly.

And here are my rules once more:

Government/Infrastructure:
- Each time a new President is elected, take a sip (if applicable)
- Each hotly debated issue, take a sip
- Each claimed colony, take a sip
- If I complete RR over my entire country, down my beer
- Each completed factory, take 3 sips
- Each new technology discovery, take a sip
- Each time I start gaining materials that were tough to get before, take a sip
- Any time I lose materials, through fires, spoilt stock, etc., take a sip

Diplomacy/War:
- Each diplomat sent to another country for relations, trades, etc, take a sip
- Each won battle, take a sip
- Each lost battle, take 3 sips (for courage in the 1st stage, as a punishment later )
- Each time I annex a country, down my beer
- Each time I issue a DoW, take a sip
- Each time I am DoW'd, take 3 sips (now this is for the full alliance, you understand? )
- Each time the US DoWs me, down my beer
- When any new ships are completed, take a sip (for the dedication of the ship, right?)
- Any time a General dies, take a sip
- When a major nation forms (i.e. Germany, Italy, Canada, etc.), take a sip

I will make sure to inform you of how much I have had to drink and try to include the pertinent info for the above, though you won't be able to play in real time. But it's good to know I have some out there that will be playing along (even with water, Ksim3000 ;) ).

See you back here around 10:30. :cool:

OK - I lied - here's the first update just to get the initial moves out of the way:

Time: Not quite 10am
Beers: Just cracking open the first one
State: We were young once...and stupid
Music: About to start If I Could Only Remember My Name... by David Crosby
Gametime: Jan. 1, 1836

Appointed Cos and Santa Ana as Generals and attached them to their armies.

Everyone is sent north to the Texas border. I plan on sending Cos to try and take Beaver and then sweep down into Texas from the north.

Started research on practical steam engine and set budget to full def. and army maint., as well as Taxes high for everyone. CF is at zero and I want to try and keep education at 100% - we'll see how that goes once I figure out how much $ I can make - full tariffs on

10 minutes and counting...

Well...

Chin-chin!
:rofl:

Time: 10:33 (took a minute to get back into the forum)
Beers: 1 1/2
State: "Once it hits your lips...it's just so good"
Music: Still David Crosby
Gametime: Jan, 1837

Well, at this pace, we may get to the 1840's by noon

Started by improving rel. with UK

Took San Antonio first and cornered Houston in El Paso - of course he's a whily sumbitch so he kept moving from army to army

Then they got USCA to join them - no sweat

Got Clauswitzian theory and continued to beat on Texas - ended up taking Beaver last thanks to Mr. Sam Houston and his amazing disappearing act.

Had to take one three sip loss as some irregulars lost in the south vs. USCA - bah! It's nothing.

They tried to give me Lubbock, Dallas and Amarillo in December but I said no. USCA offered a white peace so I took it and the war was over in Jan. just before time ran out. I took everything but their capital plus some war payments.

Last moves were raising education to 100% and dropping defense to 50% - and of course, one last letter of love to UK, raising relations to +56.

Not bad for one year. Now to see if I can get some colonization going! :D

And cheers right back at both of you gentlemen. Drink up!