• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
62-August%2737-Events.jpg

subscribed!

You stick to that middle path!

63-Wasting-Supplies.jpg

64-Brave-Dutch-Destroyers.jpg

Last edited:
65-September%2737-Events.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Iwo Jima,

I just discovered your AARs, two days ago, and I just keep on reading them. Good joob, nice story, nice details.
Since I have only the Doomsday HOI2, and not Armaghedon version, I can't be sure about one thing: in DDHoI2, any research which is more than 2 years behind its normal time, get so much penalties, that practically get 0.0% advance per day. What is the situation in Armaghedon ?
I am talking obviously about you researching that '42 land doctrine right from '36

Hi Iwo Jima,

I just discovered your AARs, two days ago, and I just keep on reading them. Good joob, nice story, nice details.
Since I have only the Doomsday HOI2, and not Armaghedon version, I can't be sure about one thing: in DDHoI2, any research which is more than 2 years behind its normal time, get so much penalties, that practically get 0.0% advance per day. What is the situation in Armaghedon ?
I am talking obviously about you researching that '42 land doctrine right from '36

Hi, Blue King
Thanks and u r welcome!

HoI2 DD Arma 1.3 is quite the same. Yes, starting research Infiltration Assault('42) in '36 I'll finish in '40. It's a strategic decision. I'll also start another Preplanned Defence('40) in '39 and in summer '40 will get the best doctrines. Plan to DoW this time Allies or USA. Yes, this decision eats the whole research slot. but in fact, there are not many technologies, that Japan should get at any cost. Many of them optional.

Maybe you are right, that you don't have many techs to research mandatory.
Last time I have played was as Poland, with which I was forced to maximize the research before '39.
Now I want to play as RepSpain, which have medium teams, so a similar plan is needed.
The single country that I didn't enjoy playing was NatChi, because of the horrible tech teams. ( with 5 slots I was way behind Romania, with 2 slots )

Last time I have played was as Poland, with which I was forced to maximize the research before '39.
Now I want to play as RepSpain, which have medium teams, so a similar plan is needed.
The single country that I didn't enjoy playing was NatChi, because of the horrible tech teams. ( with 5 slots I was way behind Romania, with 2 slots )

How do you plan to protect your valuable carriers?

As you can see on the slide below, CTF has BC support.
Now CTF will get the third CV and probably will exclude one DD (to stay under command of Yamamoto)
BCs will get fire control soon and maybe radars.

But, there is only 3CVs in IJN now. And I plan to start constructing of some CV-IV next year. Anyway, there is no serious sea battles expecting in nearest future. So, this topic could wait for a couple of years.

RepSpain has a lot of advantages - good techteam, wide specter of ministers, skilled officers, flexible domestic politics and geopolitics.
Much more interesting than Poland and NatChi.
But be prepared for a lot of surprises. Coups, revolutions, foreign influence. A lot of different events!

But, there is only 3CVs in IJN now. And I plan to start constructing of some CV-IV next year. Anyway, there is no serious sea battles expecting in nearest future. So, this topic could wait for a couple of years.

Perhaps, but I don't think you should wait too long to build up the Navy. You might risk being overshadowed by the AI.

Perhaps, but I don't think you should wait too long to build up the Navy. You might risk being overshadowed by the AI.

Just tell me, what the reason for the fleet?

So you can have naval power, of course.

I mean any power should have a goal.
Current purpose of IJN is defence of communications.
Future purpose of IJN is defence for transports with marines. But with bases all around the world this task becomes easier. e.g., we don't need bases in Pacific for striking USA, because we already have Venezuela and Curacao.
So, assuming sudden strike on Pacific Coast and Panama Channel IJN doesn't need complete annigilation of USA fleet.