• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sigil

Captain
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
At higher levels of reputation, i.e., liked, friendly, and honored, the player receives increased salvage, among other benefits, on a contract.

What value controls the amount of salvage a player gets on a contract, what and where are the reputation values that modify salvage amount?

At higher levels of reputation, i.e., liked, friendly, and honored, the player receives increased salvage, among other benefits, on a contract.

What value controls the amount of salvage a player gets on a contract, what and where are the reputation values that modify salvage amount?

Is that actually true? I was under the impression that salvage amounts were tightly tied to the contract definition, and that reputation didn't impact them at all.

Edit:
For example, in a contract .json, I see this line:
"salvagePotential" : 16,

It appears to me contracts start at 1/6 or 2/9 depending on your reputation with the employer. There is a base salvage number listed in the contact .json but I'm fairly certain this is modified in some way based on reputation to determine what you are offered during the contract negotiation. Otherwise, you would get the same salvage numbers on a contract regardless of your reputation level.
Is that actually true? I was under the impression that salvage amounts were tightly tied to the contract definition, and that reputation didn't impact them at all.

Edit:
For example, in a contract .json, I see this line:
"salvagePotential" : 16,

One way to test it would be to do the same contract with two different reputations. You could even do that with a save game editor to alter the faction reputations between two game loads.

Have either of you confirmed that this happens? I was wondering if being "Honored" led to the employer dumping more valuable salvage than being "Disliked"? I just finished a mission for the Pirates and I am 91 Rep with them. The salvage was 3/12. I grabbed three parts of Hunchback and the employers dropped another 6 partial salvages on me. Random or due to the "Honored" status?

Have either of you confirmed that this happens? I was wondering if being "Honored" led to the employer dumping more valuable salvage than being "Disliked"? I just finished a mission for the Pirates and I am 91 Rep with them. The salvage was 3/12. I grabbed three parts of Hunchback and the employers dropped another 6 partial salvages on me. Random or due to the "Honored" status?

Totally random. AFAIK, reputation has no bearing whatsoever on salvage.