• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Borders be ugly. But success cannot be denied.

in all honesty, you should have allied bahmanis WAY sooner. Your run is starting to look like my hisn kayfa :p

Nah, I wanted to save the dip point.
I know it would've made the war less stressful, but it worked out.
Tiny gamble for a few hundred dip points. Nothing lost.

move capital to europe and devle into all trade company land and all that.
Can't core through Persian vassals if my capital is in Europe ;)
I can do it once I'm finished with Persia, but once I'm finished with Persia the run is over anyways.
The only reason to move your capital as Hisn Kayfa is TC land and institution spread.

Don't think I have any TC land atm. Unless the arabian peninsula can be turned into TC land. Not sure about that.
Institution spread was unnecessary because I got everything from the Ottoman Empire without having to pay a penalty. Until printing press at least, but even there I only paid a malus for mil tech.

As for the achievement, I'll update soon. It's speed5 from now on.

From west to east

iSUPam1.jpg

Ajam is co-belligerent because their WS is <100%. They fully annex Fars before we even arrive and increase their WS to 103%.
We wipe them in return and grab as much as possible.

Pv4D13l.jpg

Afghanistan and Khorosan have similar flags. Almost missed someone trying to slip through.
Russia gets called in because Transoxiania is quite a lot of land to siege down.

2SwjGQE.jpg

Here's the minor gimmick I mentioned earlier in action.
Called in Russia with promise of land instead of using favors despite them not having a land connection to Transoxiania.
Possible to do because they have claims on their provinces.

y6YS7vf.jpg

Sieges are as cooperative as ever, but that's the only thing worth mentioning during this war.

As soon as they're finished, Ajam gets peaced out for everything except Savah.
Usually you don't want to take a capital since it has its WS increased, but it doesn't matter since we're reducing them to an OPM.

i6cDTCl.jpg

Slight delay because rebels unsiege northern provinces.
All provinces marked as vital interest have to be controlled by Russia in order for them to understand that they don't want any of the land they control.
We break our promise to give them land without losing trust.

Would have loved to show the trick in a dire situation like a difficult opening, but now was as good a time as ever.

Diplomatic mapmode is probably the most important of all of them.
If anyone has a claim they can't reach. Ally, invite with promise of land, hand over control, give nothing.
It's like playing without favors. Really nice to keep in the back of your head for difficult openings.

Y5IUnoL.jpg

Aftermath,

Genoa embraces printing press. We fabricate on them and threaten war to get a province where it's embraced later on.
Ming is losing its mandate with -0.17 per month.

GiHM6Lf.jpg

Truce with Mamluks is up in 1583. Yemen is co-belligerent. More thasn 100% WS sadly.

xOdEMFe.jpg

Quick defeat, followed by a wipe. Apparently we built 30 light ships out of boredom at some point during our war against Transoxiania.
They're set to protect trade and proceed to win eight battles total while doing so.
Naval warfare is truly an immersive experience.
Ottos declare on a whole trade league and keep themselves busy.

8ILMK3u.jpg

I swear it wasn't my fault. Not even sure where that stack was coming from.
Mamluks are running around with 5k cavalry or 10k cannons and almost no infantry accompanying those stacks. Easy wipes.

JCDumkE.jpg

Yemen, Morocco and Mamluks decide their troops deserve a holiday and send them to the Black Sea. Cue Benny Hill theme.

mnjQ2H7.jpg

Some good 'sniping' for once.
They all want to move through Ghazzah into Sayla into our North. Troops wait in Damascus and are set to run in circles. Yes, the AI will run into them. Over and over again.

fBiIwDQ.jpg

The rest is pretty much this.
Yemen already got peaced out. One province left.

Meanwhile Austria loses a war to Ulster. Don't ask.

r9ZpqxF.jpg

Astrakhan gets integrated, Mamluks get peaced out. Waiting for truces to run out on speed5. Nothing to show here except for a few rebels and events.

LcSohhe.jpg

Could put the pedal to the metal if we wanted to. Not a single true GP in the whole world. Absolutely nobody over 1k dev. Russia almost fully annexes Kazan and creeps up to #2 with a lousy 851 dev.
On top of that they're all hating each other
Would be one of the easiest WCs you've ever seen. I can keep Vassals of GP size loyal since ~1550.
Ming's mandate dropped down to 17.

BBZAP8z.jpg

Preparations to invade Hormuz and Haasa. No clue where Haasa came from, but oh well.
4 heavies suffice, but before that can happen

PLTxaLD.jpg

another war against the Ottoman Empire.
I say war, but it really isn't a war.
Austria and Bohemia declare on them independent of each other.

We only need Greece and Anatolia.

jv2GIP7.jpg

Riveting.
Admittedly they do have a 50k stack, but their morale is 3.6 vs our 5.0

Jufd5hI.jpg

Over in under 2 years. Konstantiniyye can be taken because the AI moves their capital if its isolated.
Reduced WS. A neat trick if you want to take a high dev province at a reduced price.
Did it intuitively in earlier wars. Not like it's needed anymore.

nc03Nuf.jpg

Haasa falls before I can make a screenshot, Hormuz is next.
4 heavies suffice.

dzXpzMH.jpg

One more war is required. We realize we don't even need their provinces. Oh well, borders will look prettier.

RzbS5hQ.jpg

Sure. Why not.
They're the only nation entering a coalition. No one else follows.
We embrace Printing press, grab four techs and move on.

Spain declares on Mamluks and loses once again. They're forced to release Sardinia.

We declare on Transoxiania again for a lack of something else to do.

tMjySlf.jpg

*giggle*

KjZpbSP.jpg

Ajam got fully annexed, Ming loses a war to Bengal and starts imploding.

iuHPEV3.jpg

Still need all of Egypt. Another war against Mamluks who are 2 techs behind.

0nvnyxC.jpg

Almost every battle is a stackwipe.

JRsCEOm.jpg

Another OPM disappears.

vVJIDEL.jpg

Morocco gets a white peace. Don't need their provinces. Mamluks get decimated and we check the region mapmode.

Ethiopia has provinces we need. Truce with Turks is up in 2 years.

GE1BRml.jpg

Wars against Sunni shoved us into Mysticism and everything got converted quickly. Ottos get declared on again.

12wEefH.jpg

That's all they have left. Carpet siege, chase, peace out.

England calls for a crusade against them again. 2 months before we peace out without any European nation having declared on them.
Truly amazing timing. How do they keep getting elected? Third time this run they're doing this.

vUbl9X4.jpg

The idea was to release Serbia only to realize that somehow Serbia got released as an OPM north of Bosnia.
How? No clue. 2 years of 150% OE gives events for -1 stab, -15 army tradition and a tiny bit of unrest.
Nothing else happens. Rebels barely have any moreale compared to us.
Our generals start sucking despite 80AT. 10 rolls for a general, not a single one with more than 10 pips in total.
Ridiculous, but thankfully it doesn't matter anymore.

As you can see in the upper right corner, we're now playing on speed5 permanently even while fighting rebels.

VsnUobs.jpg

THAT'S AN ESSENTIAL ADVISOR. NO ONE DARE SAY OTHERWISE.

<3

GQroHcp.jpg

Spain takes a few provinces from Mamluks. We only need their provinces up until Sirt and Spain got none of them.
Started fabricating on Hormuz a while ago and kept rejecting missions until we get one for a free claim.
Thank god. With counterespionage and all that stuff we were growing at 0.32 per month.
Could've hired an advisor, but it's easier to do it by mission.

1MhJIwm.jpg

That chapter is closed as well.

Ottos ally Bosnia, we embrace global trade, Netherlands declare independence.

a5NItrg.jpg

Another fierce war against Mamluks. We remember that Ethiopia still has provinces we need.

5mYifrD.jpg

And that's it for now. Spain can't take any provinces we would need. Mamluks have 2 provinces left.

Ottos will get cleaned up soon. Ethiopia and Makuria need to be taken out and Khorasan is almost integrated.
Picked up Influence earlier.

All provinces needed to form Persia are under our control. Have been for a long time. Most of the wars east were unnecessary.
Technically we could rival Russia, but PP is maxed for a while and tbh it's fun to have our vassals help them grow.

Next Session may be longer depending on whatever happens, but it should be the last one.

Really need to clean up those borders though :D

Last edited:
Yes, there remains some hideous green within your golden hue :)

@atwix
I checked again. None of the land Hisn Kayfa controls is TC land.
Moving the capital would've actually been detrimental.
Only reason to do it would've been if we had to get institution spread in our capital.
Since we got institutions from the Ottoman Empire there was never any need to move it.
Waste of admin points. Never planned to go into India anyways.

Should've moved my trade capital, but at the point it would've paid off I was swimming in ducats already. Welcome to 1.24 :rolleyes:

Friendly reminder that standard WC strats aren't always useful in achievement runs ;)

Yes, there remains some hideous green within your golden hue :)

I wholeheartedly agree :D

Final round!

fJXs1fl.jpg

DoW against Makuria, set Ethiopia as co-belligerent. Pick up the mission to wipe out Makuria beforehand for 10% manpower recovery speed and yearly prestige.

There's a random nation joining south of Kilwa. Not worth the hassle.

DtIt4hF.jpg

Last surprise of the campaign. PLC gets a PU over Austria and France contests it. As always they stand no chance. PLC will keep their Personal Union.

JzVkTdx.jpg

One stack moves south to block the strait. Can't block it with ships. Heavies have gotten deleted long ago.
2k manage to sneak through. We recruit a template and let them run into our new recruits.
Trial by fire.

ZpozT21.jpg

If it wasn't for the massive tech and morale advantage, this may actually be interesting.

Gg4u83R.jpg

Apparently our vassals have done some work.
Since a few patches ago your vassal's contribution counts towards their overlord's. A truly beautiful change.
Max favors and max trust with Russia. No clue why we even keep them around, but they're fun.

Ethiopia gets peaced out for all Egyptian provinces, Darfur gets a White peace and we will sit on Makuria for 5 years to get "utterly defeated" from them.
Not interested in walking all the way south.

itRPNQ2.jpg

Another quick one against the Ottoman "Empire". Everyone else decides they want a peace of that too and joins.

vXLm3qQ.jpg

Khorosan gets annexed, Bohemia grabs a White peace for no reason. We've taken everything we needed and left them with Filibe and just a few Anatolian provinces.
Filibe will play a minor role later on. You'll see.

Now back to Mamluks.

mZ5ibCc.jpg

Who are guaranteed by Spain...
No problem.
We increase our absolutism through harsh treatment and by decreasing autonomy, bringing the warscore of those two provinces down to a total of 49% and no-cb their ally Sardinia.
Threaten war didn't work this time. -101 reasons to hand over Girga vs a max of +100 reasons for military strength.

FwqMbSo.jpg

Mingsplosion has begun. Dali has reappeared together with a few other nations in Indochina.

pem6HU7.jpg

Close one. We decrease autonomy one more time because we're impatient aaaaaaand

mEoHuep.jpg

Saladin's Legacy has been restored!
We have successfully reforged the Ayyubid Empire as Hisn Kayfa.

Only two more things to do.

JMYCM5U.jpg

We give everyone military access just for fun and jump the Ottoman Empire as well to clean up a few remaining provinces.

bJjWFgy.jpg

Almost forgot about Rodos.
Our original transport is still sitting in Adana. Didn't move once ever since they helped unsieging Cyprus. Didn't even get upgraded.

Can't have our flagship take any damage, can we? Maybe we can turn it into a museum later on.

Spain declares war on France and promptly loses, we break our alliance with Bahmanis out of boredom and Ragusa declares on the Ottomans.
They take everything except Filibe, which is landlocked.
Why didn't we take Filibe again?

tTxciwE.jpg

Because I have never played Sunni Ottomans and neither will you ;)
Converting them to catholicism was too complicated back then, so why not bruteforce something similar? Hello Orthomans :D
One last thing to do. Timurids will get integrated. We grab the age bonus for administrative efficiency and wrap it up.

Integration of Timurids is done in March 1644 and with that we conclude our run.

IABInID.jpg

One last look at the map.

tYS2K74.jpg

4xDhtYV.jpg

9vVldNK.jpg

Ahh, that was fun.

Let's not forget about our two biggest heroes please.

jTgPcGR.jpg

Master of the seas. They have watched over Adana's port for ages.

And of course

ls8956F.jpg

animated-heart-and-arrow-image-0041.gif

The best friend man can hope for :)

Thanks to all those who have went through it with me, thanks to all readers and special thanks to all those who have commented.
It's way more fun when you can interact inbetween posts :D

Cya next time :)

Last edited:
And it is done - a run ride.

congrats!