• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Those are some crappy events. You better hope your monarch dies soon out of misery. and his son turns out to be a little brighter than his father.

Jeez, you all seem to be in a panic attack about it... xD

forodrova: I do already have plans, mainly focused around weakening the major muslim empires (especially the Golden Horde - if I can break them up enough to link up with Russia, I'll be able to survive the southern muslims much better).

demokratickid: He needs to be put down...

Ilyavania: The events aren't /that/ bad. They're not great, but I'm small still - I regain stab fast.

RGB: See above. xD

aldriq: I could definitely use a new PR team. xD

Teep: I will, even if it's a bloody process full of backstabbing and giving my rivals the proverbial finger.

Enewald: God knows I need them - Half my provinces start devoid of glorious fortdom.

Qorten: Yeah, well, they're not great, but it could be worse - rebels are what really kill me right now.

asd21593: The consequences of abusing a lack of forts in your general vicinity - a pain in the ass rebel problem. xD

georgiacrest.png

----- -=-=- ----- -=-=- -----

Chapter 1.4

Revolution – or so they called it; the disenchanted people of Derbent spoke the word like wildfire, and throughout all of Koyunlu lands, thousands of Azerbaijani people rose up in what the Georgians called rebellion. Nationalists, preaching the independence of the provinces, flocked to Shirvan, where they began to muster supplies and weapons for a battle with the King’s men. The new fortifications established by the Georgians would keep it at bay – for the time being.

azerbaijanirevolt.png

Royal decree was that the rebels should lay down their arms and return home, else they would face utter destruction at Kaihosro’s hands. In response to the rebellion, 6,000 Alanian cavalry marched from Tblisi, where they bore down upon the growing revolution with great speed. All attempts to negotiate for peace were a failure. Defeating the armies of the rebels would require a great deal of focus on the part of the nation, as well as a little luck.

But things would grow worse. Even as the Alanian cavalry marched upon Shirvan, the rebels swelled in number and grew until it seemed nothing could be done to contain them. Though underfed and suffering greatly during their siege of the Georgian castles, they still outnumbered their Georgian overlords and held determination to be free. Thousands of untrained peasants and muslim nobles united in one cause – to defeat the invader no matter the cost.

Giorgi himself rode along with Kaihosro – by July of 1409, tensions between the two had come to a head and all negotiations had failed. It seemed clear that there was only one choice – kill or be killed. For Georgia, defeat here could spell the end of its future. The two armies met on the sands of the Caspian Sea shoreline and a final attempt at negotiation between the ringleaders of the rebellion and Giorgi VII took place.

The muslims made it clear that they would negotiate for nothing less than the full release of their territory to the Emirates. Knowing that this territory would be key to the ability of Georgia to fend off the Mongols, Kaihosro advised the king to sternly refuse. He did so, and battle was at last met.

battleofshirvan.png

The King of Georgia was wounded during the ensuing battle; the Georgian cavalry were far superior to the untrained muslim peasantry and soon the rebel lines collapsed. The Nationalist movement attempted to retreat to the lands around Derbent, but was rapidly outpaced by the well-supplied cavalry forces. Cut off from the city, then turned and returned to Shirvan. Things, it seemed, were not going well for the muslims.

Though bloody, the rebels received the worse of it and were soon annihilated. But the battle was not yet over...

shirvanrebels.png

As the armies of Georgia marched back to Tblisi, news reached Giorgi - the rebellion had reformed yet again, this time in greater strength, and threatened to take Shirvan once more. With no other choice, the Georgian army turned around to engage their foes once more.

nationalistrebels.png

Though they outnumbered the Georgians by an even greater margin, the battle was still utterly decisive. The rebels were routed utterly, then trapped, cut off from all reinforcements or supplies. The entire army surrendered and was summarily executed for crimes against the state and God. The massacre sent a powerful message to all who opposed the Georgian regime.

The battles of Shirvan against the rebels sent a powerful message to the Georgian people, who felt their confidence renewed. The well-known artist Iksender Kucuk produced one of the world's best known works of art, The Georgian Cavalier based on the thunderous charge of the Georgian Cavalry, and was eventually invited to the King's Court to help spread culture to the people.

iskenderkucuk.png

The decisive action of Giorgi and his advisors against the rebellion smoothed tensions and renewed faith in the Rus' prince and duke. They felt, once again, that Georgia could be counted on as a trustworthy and capable ally in the south. The renewed faith between them led to a triple alliance forming with great solidity - Georgia, Muscowy and Novgorod. These three powers looked cautiously to the expanse between them - Tartar lands which would have to be broken apart no matter the cost.

Georgian spies would later be dispatched to sow unrest and discontent amongst the Golden Horde's ranks... The renaissance of art and wealth in Georgia brought them enough money to afford such affairs, and soon the Georgian people's faith was restored. They could trust their King once more.

By 1410 AD, the country had found its faith.

georgiastabilityrise.png

As the country united under Giorgi's crest, Kaihosro scrutinized what he had learned in the days of the rebellion. Casualties had been far higher than they could have been - Georgian cavalry was trained to fight in mass formations and rely on numbers, not to fight well. There was no way this tactic could continue to win against the likes of the Tartar Hordes and the Timurid and Ottoman Empires. In short, the Georgian Army was of pitiable quality and they had to do something about this soon.

armydecline.png

He resolved to do something about this, and continued his work on the reformation of the Georgian Army. It was his intent to create a force which could make any neighbouring muslim power think twice before attacking, no matter who they were, and to inspire enough confidence in the Rus' to ensure they would go to war for Georgia when the inevitable time came.

...and about to come, it was. For to the north and south, the Timurids and Tartars were overcome with a great instability and tumult of rebellion. Thousands upon thousands of nationalist movements had overcome the respective nations and while the Golden Horde was barely keeping their pretender problem in check after a tribal succession crisis, the Timurids were on the verge of collapse due to dozens of independent nationalist movements...

Kaihosro sensed that his moment had come. To the south, the remnants of the Qara Koyunlu struggled to recover from the war which had lost them 2/3 of their territory. Seeking to stem Georgian expansionism, both the Tartar Khan and Timur had sworn to protect them in the event of war. It was time to see how strong their loyalty was.

The Georgian cavalry marched across the border into Qarabagh, flying the banners of war.

First the Black Sheep, then the World (Sheep)!

Georgia as a cavalry country is certainly interesting, but maybe they just have the nobles and the Alans fight, who knows.

But it's nice to see a turn for the better!

Not sure when I'll have the next update for this as Piety and The Great Game are taking priority at the moment. I'll do it ASAP, but again, it could be any time.

Enewald: That was the idea but they just kept marching back to my side of the border until I pingponged them to death. :p

aldriq: You really think so? I think at this point he was probably flat-out insane. Even I'm wondering if I'm giving myself a quick death with this one. ;)

Ilyavania: If anyone can do it, he can. 5 star advisor and whatnot. ;P

RGB: The World (Sheep) shall be mine! MINE! Making Georgia as a cavalry country is hard, but my land force limit is so low that I decided to go with it as the only possible way to counter the huge manpower of Timmy, Otto and Goldilocks. It's worked so far, even if my inflation is slowly rising.

Teep: Yes, I believe it should as the alternate was to lose manpower, but...hey, these things happen.

asd21593: Stability comes surprisingly quickly as Georgia, being small and Orthodox helps with that. Expansion...coming soon. I hope not to disappoint. I think you'll be surprised at how this thing is going to go. :p

Excellent AAR you got going here, Saithis. :cool: Keep up the good work, I can't wait for the next chapter in this Georgian Saga.

>.>;;;

<.<;;;

I might pick this up again, but I have lost my save. Thankfully because the AAR isn't too far in, I can easily pick it back up by simply starting a new game and retracing my steps - if I do, though, it will be done in HTTT as I prefer it.

I'll think about it. I still have an HOI3 AAR to pick back up and I made a promise to a lady about some time I'm going to spend. I can't be everywhere at once.

>.>;;;

<.<;;;

I might pick this up again, but I have lost my save. Thankfully because the AAR isn't too far in, I can easily pick it back up by simply starting a new game and retracing my steps - if I do, though, it will be done in HTTT as I prefer it.

I'll think about it. I still have an HOI3 AAR to pick back up and I made a promise to a lady about some time I'm going to spend. I can't be everywhere at once.
Please start a HTTT Whole World Mod Georgian AAR.
Caucasus is far more better in that mod. :cool: