• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very, and I mean very entertaining. You may get skunked. You may get your testes handed to you on a silver platter, but...you did not fail to entertain...and that, my friend, is your first and only goal. Winning? Hah! As long as I am laughing, you are winning.

I'm sorry people. I'll continue the AAR asap, really, but currently everything's going upside down.

The list of things to do I presented you is still fully valid, but it's being spiced up by incapability and/or stupidity both on my part and of people I have to interact with. Let's call it interact, because once every trace of civilizational achievement has left a discussion, you can't call it dialogue anymore....

Now that was a nice sentence.

Ok, to cut a VERY long story short, I've ordered furniture back in June. I got the keys to my new flat two weeks ago. During the waiting for my new appartement I was bombarded with letters saying "Please pick up your furniture, else we'd have to send it back." Everytime I phoned the people there (no, not Ikea) I was told that it's just a standard computer message and that they know that I've yet to get my new flat. Then I receive a letter saying "Ultimate warning" and that they'd send the stuff back shouldn't I get it within the week. I called and was told that they didn't even have everything on stock yet! "No, that's just a standard letter produced by the computer system."
Such are, among many others, my current adventures. I'm so full of it.

EDIT: As a confirmation of above statements, today the guy with the sunblinds for my windows came. OF COURSE, one of the blinds was too small, for whatever reason, so he'll return next week to put them up. Then I went to the furniture store (another one) to pick up my bathroom cupboards and OF COURSE one was damaged but I'm quite confident I'll get it within 4 weeks. At least the people there told me so. And who am I to disbelieve?

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. I'll update once I'm all set, prepped, primed and ready to fight other senseless wars to white peace conclusions.

Last edited:
rhynoclemmis: I'm sorry people. I'll continue the AAR asap, really, but currently everything's going upside down.

bummer on the down side things. :eek: :eek:

bravo on the continue part ! ! :cool:

i have been told that there is always a silver lining to those clouds in our lives, but (usually(?),) i don't see them...
:rolleyes:

that said, i sure hope that you see the silver lining in your clouds ! ! :cool:

rhynoclemmis said:
I'm sorry people. I'll continue the AAR asap
Any chance of fulfilling this prophesy? It'd be true shame if this AAR were to die! I love it, it's funny, witty and brilliantly written. Plus, I get to learn lots of good English sentences and words! Don't stand in the way of my linguistical improvement, rhynoclemmis!

Oh, and yes:
threadnecroav1uy3.jpg

He's still making noises about continuing...

What say, Rhynoclemmis?

Rensslaer

Just today I visited my AAR again and suddenly, a few hours later, people write in it again. I can only assure you that I've not given up and should be able to continue soon.

To have a look at "ye olde liste":
- move in a new flat, with all the incessant work attached to that - NEARLY CHECK
- find a new job - CHECK
- work at the old job - CHECK
- finish my diploma thesis so I finally finish damn university - CHECK
- live a life with friends complaining that I never have time for them - CHECK
- plan and play gigs with my band (ok, just one, but hey!) - NEARLY CHECK
- do stuff that manifests itself out of nowhere and cannot be delayed. - ONGOING

I've actually started to play again, now that I have a couch and a table in my flat. Initially I completely underestimated the work an AAR is, so now I'd like to play WAY ahead to keep doing updates even if I haven't time to play. This is all I can tell you - I could name you a date (I have in my head) for finishing this, but I've known myself for a couple of years now and wouldn't trust myself with keeping deadlines.
Thanks for your ongoing interest, just keep this in your favourites list ;) and watch the developments.

rhynoclemmis said:
Just today I visited my AAR again and suddenly, a few hours later, people write in it again. I can only assure you that I've not given up and should be able to continue soon.

To have a look at "ye olde liste":
- move in a new flat, with all the incessant work attached to that - NEARLY CHECK
- find a new job - CHECK
- work at the old job - CHECK
- finish my diploma thesis so I finally finish damn university - CHECK
- live a life with friends complaining that I never have time for them - CHECK
- plan and play gigs with my band (ok, just one, but hey!) - NEARLY CHECK
- do stuff that manifests itself out of nowhere and cannot be delayed. - ONGOING

I've actually started to play again, now that I have a couch and a table in my flat. Initially I completely underestimated the work an AAR is, so now I'd like to play WAY ahead to keep doing updates even if I haven't time to play. This is all I can tell you - I could name you a date (I have in my head) for finishing this, but I've known myself for a couple of years now and wouldn't trust myself with keeping deadlines.
Thanks for your ongoing interest, just keep this in your favourites list ;) and watch the developments.
Excellent!

Good luck with all of that!

rhynoclemmis said:
Don't you know you have to plug kleenex into the dimensional rift, so these things don't keep happening!

Renss

Ah, good news! A rumor of continuing this aar will keep me satisfied for... uh... let's say... 3 hours :)

Rensslaer said:
Don't you know you have to plug kleenex into the dimensional rift, so these things don't keep happening!

Renss

Assuming you can keep yourself from drifting out of space and time, I look forward to when you're able to continue this. :D