• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kepheren

Major
69 Badges
Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sengoku
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
So I have been doing some playthroughs in anticipation for the new Dlc. Have had the game since it came out but was waiting for patches to take care of the worst of the bugs. Anyway, the last three games I've started have all ended the same.

I get out to an early lead by aggressively eating up small derelict rackets and small organizations. Get up to fifty or sixty rackets and control of three to five neighborhoods. I even clean out a couple of rival safe houses.

Thing is on the third enemy safehouse it always locks up.it doesn't do that at any other time. At the start of that third battle though it will lock up every time. And I go back to an earlier save and it will let me go on taking rackets from an enemy. Just can't touch that one property.

Admittedly my system is not great. Not sure if it should even be able by the book to run Empire of Sin. But I figure if it only crashes in that one way every time than maybe it's a known bug with a possible fix? Has anyone else had anything similar?

Reactions:
Hey @Kepheren, thanks for reaching out and taking the time to flag this! Could you make a bug report about this here, please? You can add the information you provided above, as well as your system details, and more information on exactly how the lock affects you. I can pass it along to the team to look into it for you then. Thanks! :)

Alright, I've posted it. Fair warning though, I'm not particularly computer savvy. Old dogs and new tricks you know....my kids have to help me out sometimes when the computer is misbehaving. Hopefully though I explained it adequately and gave you enough information to go on. This particular bug is kind of a pain for me. I can keep playing so long as I don't take more than two safe houses. That means though that it takes a LONG time to beat down the other mob bosses. To be honest I'm not even sure if you can beat the game by just taking everything they own besides their safe houses.

Got it, @Kepheren, thank you! One thing on it: if possible, could you send over a Player.log and a save file relating to this issue too, please? They would really help the team to narrow in on what exactly is causing this. Information on where to find them on your machine can be found here. It's pretty straight forward but if you have any questions, do let me know! You can attach them to the bug report once you have them. Thank you! :)