• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chegitz guevara

Lord of the Horizons
64 Badges
May 14, 2001
www.absynthe.biz
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
The Safavids

May as well start a thread on this.

Safavid Persia starts out in the wrong place. It began in Azerbaijan, with it's capital in Tabriz, where it remained for almost 50 years. I've changed the minimum provinces to Azerbaijan, Dagestan, and Tabriz. The Safavids expanded from there.

Code:
PER = {
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1492 }
	expirydate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1820 }
	minimum = { 530 487 471}
	extra = { 471 486 487 508 525 526 527 528 531 532 534 535 571 1529 1530 }
	capital = 487
	group = muslim
	ai = "Persia1.ai"
	culture = turkish
	religion = shiite
	}

Let's start a list of things that need to be changed.
#1 is above.
#2 In 1548, it should have an event to move the capital to Tabriz province, which is the city of Qazvin, contingent on a powerful Ottoman Empire.
#3 In 1598 it should move its capital to Isfahan, contingent on a powerful Ottoman Empire.
#4 get rid of the events autmoatically making Persian provinces Shi'ite. It should do fine with Persian culture and converting.

Last edited:
chegitz guevara said:
May as well start a thread on this.
#4 get rid of the events autmoatically making Persian provinces Shi'ite. It should do fine with Persian culture and converting.

I disagree with this. Although it shouldnt be as extreme as it currently is, Persian will be hard pressed to convert all of the provinces at a historical pace unless we give it a massive treasury and many missionaries. I've been mulling over the ideas and points raised in the Indo-Persia thread.

I like the new revolter entry for Persia, much needed change.

I like the point raised somewhere recently of having Safavid Persia a seperate tag from non-Safavid Persia. Amongst other things, it'd allow us to have seperate revolter entries.

|AXiN| said:
I like the point raised somewhere recently of having Safavid Persia a seperate tag from non-Safavid Persia. Amongst other things, it'd allow us to have seperate revolter entries.

I certainly agree with this; like how we have separate tags for the Mamluks and Egypt.

Garbon said:
I disagree with this. Although it shouldnt be as extreme as it currently is, Persian will be hard pressed to convert all of the provinces at a historical pace unless we give it a massive treasury and many missionaries.

Perhaps get auto-convertions in areas where they were immediately strong, like Azerbaijan & Tabriz? Right now, the whole region, even if it's all Sunni, immediately becomes Shia.

chegitz guevara said:
Perhaps get auto-convertions in areas where they were immediately strong, like Azerbaijan & Tabriz? Right now, the whole region, even if it's all Sunni, immediately becomes Shia.

Yea I mean I just think that we need something sort of in between those too approaches, as missionaries will not suffice for Ismail's quick conversions of some of those provinces.

Garbon said:
Yea I mean I just think that we need something sort of in between those too approaches, as missionaries will not suffice for Ismail's quick conversions of some of those provinces.
I agree. We could make random events for Persia, one for each province, that only trigger if the provincereligion is Sunni, and state religion Shi'ite. In that way they will eventually convert, and not pop up all at the same time if the game is reloaded, like normal events with long offsets would.

How about using the MUS tag that is used for the reformation for religious conversion in Persia as well. That way the player wont know which provinces that are going to convert. It will also give a more dynamic feel.

Sute]{h said:
How about using the MUS tag that is used for the reformation for religious conversion in Persia as well. That way the player wont know which provinces that are going to convert. It will also give a more dynamic feel.

That's what I thought, too. Gives us a much greater degree of control over the process, too.

chegitz guevara said:
Only problem with that latter plan is that provinces that have been converted to Sunni beforehand won't convert back, which would probably be something we want to happen.

You could always have both, first a set of event similar to those for the reformation, set to trigger around the Safavid rebellion and all that (year X). Then you can have a second set of random events set to only trigger a certain amount of years after year "X".

Or would that be too expensive in terms of events?

Last edited:
No no, that's not what I meant, though I was very unclear:

First we have a set of events just like the ones for reformation, they trigger around the time for Ismail's rebellion and conquests (1510's or so).

Secondly, we have the random events proposed above, which are set to trigger only after 1519 or so, taking care of the re-Shiitification.

Actually, I think those second events may not be needed. If the minimum proves get events converting them immediately, and the others get to use the reformation system, then those that were converted by mission the Safavids can use missionaries to reconvert. We have our mixed system.

chegitz guevara said:
Actually, I think those second events may not be needed. If the minimum proves get events converting them immediately, and the others get to use the reformation system, then those that were converted by mission the Safavids can use missionaries to reconvert. We have our mixed system.

Indeed.

EDIT: On the Persia stuff that I said I would post, a family issue is going to cause me to delay that till next week. Sorries.

Last edited:
Moving the capital, part 1

Code:
	event = {

id = 103002
		random = no
		trigger = { 
			owned = {province = 487 data = -1}
		}
		country = AKK
		name = "The City of Tabriz"
		desc = "Tabriz was the capital of the Il-khanates, one of the four 
Mongol empires, from 1270 to 1305. The Kara Koyunlu made the city their 
capital in 1375. When the latter federation was defeated and absorbed by the 
Ak Koyunlu, Uzan Hassan moved his capital from Diyabakir to Tabriz, 
appropriating the legacy and prestige of that city."
		style = 1
		date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1460 }
		offset = 30
		deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1485 }

action_a ={
			name = "Lets get them"
			command = { type = capital which = 487 }
			command = { type = relation which = TIM value = -400 }
		}
	}

#Moving the Capital, part 2

Code:
#Moving the Capital, part 2
	event = {

id = 103004
		random = no
		trigger = { 
			owned = {province = 489 data = -1 }
			control = {province = 487 data = PER }	
		}
		country = AKK
		name = "Retreat to Baghdad"
		desc = "In 1500, two brothers divided the Ak Koyunlu Federation 
between them, Alwand taking Tabriz, and Murad setting up in Baghdad. With 
the fall of Tabriz, Baghdad became the capital of the White Sheep."
		style = 1
		date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1501 }
		offset = 30
		deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1508 }

action_a ={
			name = "I will make my capital here!"
			command = { type = capital which = 489 }
		}
	}

Last edited:
#Moving the Capital, part 3

Code:
#Moving the Capital, part 3
	event = {

id = 103005
		random = no
		trigger = { 
			owned = {province = 474 data = -1 }
			control = {province = 489 data = PER }
		}
		country = AKK
		name = "Falling back to Diyarbakr"
		desc = "When Bagdad fell to the Safavids in 1509, the remnents 
of the White Sheep retreated to their homeland, around Diyar Bakr. Here they 
were finally defeated by the Safavids."
		style = 1
		date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1509 }
		offset = 30

action_a ={
			name = "Retreat!"
			command = { type = capital which = 474 }
		}
	}

Last edited:
I have a book here, Iran Under the Safavids, by Roger Savory published by Cambridge University Press. According to this, the Safavids first conquered Şirvan, before attacking the Ak Koyunlu. Ismail took Şirvan in December of 1500, and Tabriz the following summer.

I suspect we may need to completely revamp the Persian events. :)