• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think this will be posible for the main game... but DLC exist for a reason ;)

It would also be good to know how the Sword of Caine is doing this days :)

I don´t think that Sabbat even plays a big role in the DLCs.
The first (and only?) Season Pass is called Season of the Wolf. So the focus is more on Werewolfs.
season-of-the-wolf.jpg

I think its more likely that Sabbat could be more relevant for Bloodlines 3. But who knows maybe the mass embrace guys & girls are Sabbat?
I doubt that but i can´t rule it out either.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Keep in mind that we didnt think that in Bloodlines2 will be any Anarch organisation ... and yet, we did get Damsel, wich as Rachel confrimmed will be spreading good anarch word in Seattle.

So ... who knows, there can also be some Sabbat representative. :p
Or something like that ...

I believe that "problem" with Sabbat is that they dont really care much about masquerade, so its hard to squeeze to game so they dont cancel half of gamerules. :-/
Also i believe (and i believe i allready mentioned somewhere here) that IF Sabbat will be joinable in Bloodlines 2/3/... it will be in final DLC, bcs i really cant see how can anyone make story continue from that point, where we can either join Sabbat, or Camarilla ... or anyone else. :D

The first (and only?) Season Pass is called Season of the Wolf. So the focus is more on Werewolfs.

Let me fix that for you:
The first (and only?) Season Pass is called Season of the Wolf. So the focus is more on Werewolfs. Then the other season passes could be about other thing and show our beloved kindred from the Sword of Caine.

Hope we don't get only one season pass. I don't think the game will go CKII with the DLC but only adding puppies to it will be a huge let down :(

I believe that "problem" with Sabbat is that they dont really care much about masquerade, so its hard to squeeze to game so they dont cancel half of gamerules. :-/

Kinda, the Sabbat officially says: "Screw the Masquerade". Thing is there are two kind of Sabbat kindred, the ones who think and act like that. and the ones who enjoy a long unlife by not acting like that. In Bloodlines I the Sabbat he fledgling fights are mere grunts who get feeded the Sabbat propaganda and believe it. Then there are Sabbat like Andrei the Tzimisce, not the forum member... so far as i know, who know that respecting the masquerade is a pragmatic way to survive. Lots of vampires call themselves sabbat and many of them think they are, but in truth they are glorified pawns of glorified pawns who in turn are pawns of the true Sabbats. More or less is the difference between a mere gangbanger and a full Mafia member. Ones only show off, the others are the ones who know how to get things done and enjoy the profits without dying :)

Also i believe (and i believe i allready mentioned somewhere here) that IF Sabbat will be joinable in Bloodlines 2/3/... it will be in final DLC, bcs i really cant see how can anyone make story continue from that point, where we can either join Sabbat, or Camarilla ... or anyone else. :D

As long as they appear, and preferably are joinable, i don't care if it's on the very final DLC. If we can choose what kind of monster we are, why can't we choose the best worst class? ;)

I always thought of a biker gang, tought maybe is a little cliché.
Diablerie would be a key element too, as seen in one of Bloodlines mods.
Panders (Sabbath Caitiffs) are also way too interesting to miss. They show certain hope for young vampires, as their passion can be used to climb the ranks of the Sabbath (apparently).
Lasombra lords misleading their pawns, putting them in harm´s way, setting them up and then demanding their loyalty.
Tzimisce elders showing us how they push the limits of their sinful twisted vampirical existence.
Antitribu stories showing us the darker side of the classic clans.
And some Kyasid creeping around, unnerving, sinisterly snatching forbidden knowledge, maybe in Beckett´s role in Bloodlines.
Man, WoD is so good, just stating the lore breeds so many vivid images.

Reactions:
Well the thing to keep in mind is that this V5 we're talking about, where the Sabbat are uncertain state that we don't know much about beyond vague things, namely that the vast majority of them are on the Gehenna Crusade in the Middle East, abandoning virtually all of their holdings and activities elsewhere.

Not to mention all the stuff that happened that put any planned Sabbat books on hold, leaving things more uncertain.

So yeah, I don't think we're going to see much from the Sabbat in Bloodlines 2.

Reactions:
Well the thing to keep in mind is that this V5 we're talking about, where the Sabbat are uncertain state that we don't know much about beyond vague things, namely that the vast majority of them are on the Gehenna Crusade in the Middle East, abandoning virtually all of their holdings and activities elsewhere.

Not to mention all the stuff that happened that put any planned Sabbat books on hold, leaving things more uncertain.

So yeah, I don't think we're going to see much from the Sabbat in Bloodlines 2.
It might be possible to work the Sabbat into Bloodlines in the future, but if they focus on one city per game it would be difficult to do well.

It would be cool though to meet one or two elders feeling the call and the subject being discussed in the periphery.

Also, I think the absence of the Sabbat, might make room for some of the lesser used bloodlines to make an appearance. Like the ministry or samedi turning up and upping the horror a smidge or two.

Reactions:
It might be possible to work the Sabbat into Bloodlines in the future, but if they focus on one city per game it would be difficult to do well.

No, it wouldn't be difficult. Cities are big places, inserting the Sabbat into one wouldn't be that hard. It's just again, that because of events both in-universe and out, we don't really know what's going on with them at the moment beyond a lot of vague things, including that most are in the Middle East right now. That Mexico City and Montreal have been abandoned by the Sabbat speaks volumes about how the Sabbat is going through serious changes and upheavals. Same with the mass Lasombra defection to the Camarilla and frankly I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we see a similar Tzimisce defection to the Anarchs when V5 eventually gets to them.

It would be cool though to meet one or two elders feeling the call and the subject being discussed in the periphery.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Beckoning does get mentioned in the game. It's one of the major events of V5 and undoubtedly has impacted Seattle as it has everywhere else.

Also, I think the absence of the Sabbat, might make room for some of the lesser used bloodlines to make an appearance. Like the ministry or samedi turning up and upping the horror a smidge or two.

The Ministry are with the Anarchs now so I doubt we'll see anything more than fodder for the more personal horror from them. As for the Samedi, appearances aside, they were never the truly horrifying Bloodlines. Plus with the Giovanni and all the Bloodlines of Death coming together to form the Hecata and the events surrounding it, the Bloodlines have all lost their original Bloodlines Weaknesses in exchange for the Giovanni one. And with them being the only Independent Clan* left I doubt they'd have their presence be solely evil since if BL2 does keep it's promise to eventually include all Clans as playable, they're going to need the Clan to be reachable by the PC. A rogue Hecata doing some bad stuff? Sure.

*Well maybe not the only if they ever decided they want to do more with the Ravnos than declare that they are shattered and the only returning Ravnos character seen yet now being Caitiff.

Reactions:
No, it wouldn't be difficult. Cities are big places, inserting the Sabbat into one wouldn't be that hard. It's just again, that because of events both in-universe and out, we don't really know what's going on with them at the moment beyond a lot of vague things, including that most are in the Middle East right now. That Mexico City and Montreal have been abandoned by the Sabbat speaks volumes about how the Sabbat is going through serious changes and upheavals. Same with the mass Lasombra defection to the Camarilla and frankly I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we see a similar Tzimisce defection to the Anarchs when V5 eventually gets to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Beckoning does get mentioned in the game. It's one of the major events of V5 and undoubtedly has impacted Seattle as it has everywhere else.

The Ministry are with the Anarchs now so I doubt we'll see anything more than fodder for the more personal horror from them. As for the Samedi, appearances aside, they were never the truly horrifying Bloodlines. Plus with the Giovanni and all the Bloodlines of Death coming together to form the Hecata and the events surrounding it, the Bloodlines have all lost their original Bloodlines Weaknesses in exchange for the Giovanni one. And with them being the only Independent Clan* left I doubt they'd have their presence be solely evil since if BL2 does keep it's promise to eventually include all Clans as playable, they're going to need the Clan to be reachable by the PC. A rogue Hecata doing some bad stuff? Sure.

*Well maybe not the only if they ever decided they want to do more with the Ravnos than declare that they are shattered and the only returning Ravnos character seen yet now being Caitiff.
My understanding is that the Sabbat have largely disappeared en masse. It would be difficult to explain why some have remained randomly.

The ministry was given as example, insert whatever you like there.

Also, the fiends joining the Anarchs? I'm guessing that's sarcasm?

Reactions:
My understanding is that the Sabbat have largely disappeared en masse. It would be difficult to explain why some have remained randomly.

Well some have remained and others have returned. What little has been talked about is playing up the original boogeyman aspect of the Sabbat in the earliest days of VtM. The wild monsters doing insane nonsense for their own pleasure is gone. What remains could be best described as a cross between utter monsters, religious fanatics and terrorist cells.

And there's been a few hints that those that have returned from the Gehenna Crusade are... Different. While what's going on with the Crusade has been left vague, there has been some comments on some Sabbat devouring elders but sounding like maybe that hasn't gone exactly as they thought it would.

But yeah, I don't see anyone doing the Sabbat, at least in any great detail, before V5 does a Sabbat book. A lone pack causing some trouble in BL2? Yeah, I could see that happening but I highly doubt the Sabbat will appear as serious faction in BL2.

Also, the fiends joining the Anarchs? I'm guessing that's sarcasm?

Not really. Speculation on my part born of two things. First being the push to force most of the Clans into the Camarilla/Anarch fight that has taken the center of the Sect conflict of VtM in V5. With the Setities and Assamites joining the Anarachs and Camarilla respectively as well as the large scale Lasombra defection to the Cam, it would make sense that they would have a mass Tzimisce defection to the Anarchs to keep things balanced.

Second, V20 already retconned the existence of Tzimisce Anarchs*, that there had always been some Tzimisce that stayed with the Movement that join the Sabbat, viewing the rest of the Clan as traitors and pawns of the Elders, believing that Vaulderie is simply another form of Blood Bond. So it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have more Tzimisce join them.

*Which is personally something I approve as it never sat right with me that the only options for Tzimisce were Sabbat or Independent, especially when the Lasombra, Assamites and Setities could be in other Sects.

Reactions:
Well some have remained and others have returned. What little has been talked about is playing up the original boogeyman aspect of the Sabbat in the earliest days of VtM. The wild monsters doing insane nonsense for their own pleasure is gone. What remains could be best described as a cross between utter monsters, religious fanatics and terrorist cells.

And there's been a few hints that those that have returned from the Gehenna Crusade are... Different. While what's going on with the Crusade has been left vague, there has been some comments on some Sabbat devouring elders but sounding like maybe that hasn't gone exactly as they thought it would.

But yeah, I don't see anyone doing the Sabbat, at least in any great detail, before V5 does a Sabbat book. A lone pack causing some trouble in BL2? Yeah, I could see that happening but I highly doubt the Sabbat will appear as serious faction in BL2.

Not really. Speculation on my part born of two things. First being the push to force most of the Clans into the Camarilla/Anarch fight that has taken the center of the Sect conflict of VtM in V5. With the Setities and Assamites joining the Anarachs and Camarilla respectively as well as the large scale Lasombra defection to the Cam, it would make sense that they would have a mass Tzimisce defection to the Anarchs to keep things balanced.

Second, V20 already retconned the existence of Tzimisce Anarchs*, that there had always been some Tzimisce that stayed with the Movement that join the Sabbat, viewing the rest of the Clan as traitors and pawns of the Elders, believing that Vaulderie is simply another form of Blood Bond. So it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have more Tzimisce join them.

*Which is personally something I approve as it never sat right with me that the only options for Tzimisce were Sabbat or Independent, especially when the Lasombra, Assamites and Setities could be in other Sects.
Fair enough, I haven't read Chicago by Night yet, so I don't really know what the hell is happening with the Lasombra ither than defection.

But even then I always felt the Tzimisce were very different from other clans, even in the context of the Sabbat. Most clans are by nature monstrous, but the fiends are true monsters, moreover proud of it. For the Lasombra, the Camarilla and even the anarchs offers a shift in tactics. How do the fiends play amongst the mortals? Wouldn't any concession to appearing mortal be a profound betrayal to their very nature? How can they compete with Nosferatu in the shadows without obfuscate and tech skills? What do they trade to maintain power and relevance.

I feel like if anything, it would be the final nail in the coffin of a dying clan...

Reactions:
Fair enough, I haven't read Chicago by Night yet, so I don't really know what the hell is happening with the Lasombra ither than defection.

It's a complicated matter and even then, by their own estimations about half the Sabbat Lasombra remained in the Sect so it's by no means a total defection. But it was a big chunk of the internal Clan leadership as it kind of comes across that they were getting afraid that they were going to experience a second childer revolt that kicked off everything but this time from the side of the Elders getting hunted down by their Childer.

But even then I always felt the Tzimisce were very different from other clans, even in the context of the Sabbat. Most clans are by nature monstrous, but the fiends are true monsters, moreover proud of it. For the Lasombra, the Camarilla and even the anarchs offers a shift in tactics. How do the fiends play amongst the mortals? Wouldn't any concession to appearing mortal be a profound betrayal to their very nature? How can they compete with Nosferatu in the shadows without obfuscate and tech skills? What do they trade to maintain power and relevance.

I feel like if anything, it would be the final nail in the coffin of a dying clan...

First off, do not treat a Clan as a monolith. Not all Tzimisce are fleshcrafting monsters that make people into furniture. Not even the most rigid and hierarchical of the Clans are monoliths. The Giovanni have a history of Embracing people outside the Family because they bring something useful to the Clan. Likewise the Tremere have Embraced people outside the usual Academic and Occult circles they favor for useful skills like Security Experts. Not every Ventrue comes from a business or politics background.

So why should every Tzimisce be a Fleshcrafting Fiend or an Old Clan Fossil? Especially when the major of the Clan in the Sabbat, a fractious group of monsters with countless different outlooks. Well, at least in the old Sabbat anyways. Not to mention that the Sabbat does have a history of Embracing and abandoning people.

Second, with the Anarch Tzimisce they originate from the First Anarch Revolt and chose to stay with the Movement and have diverged from their Sabbat counterparts, especially since not every Dark Age Tzimisce was a inhuman monster because again, no Clan is a monolith. For example, Paganism is more common among them than their Sabbat counterparts and those Paganists hold a belief that their Clan had a more noble aspect in the ancient past that has become degraded by the modern Fiends.

And finally, as I've said before, the vague comments on the Gehenna Crusade, even from the former Sabbat themselves, do not paint a pleasant picture. There's the implications that some simply left the Sect because they feared that those returning from the Crusade were... well in a situation like with Mithras and Monty Coven or [Tremere] and Saulot. So some of them looking at what's been happening between the Crusade and the Second Inquisition, and thinking that the Sabbat is no longer what it once was and that it's time to get out isn't much of a stretch.

Reactions:
I don't know what percentage of the fiends are inhuman fleshcrafters, but it's definitely the majority right?

Unknown. For every Vykos in the Sabbat, there's plenty of Tzimisce that don't obsess with fleshcrafting, experiments and the like, some that are occultists, warriors, spies or just simply doing whatever they want. Hell, even Vykos is more than just some inhuman fiend playing with flesh like clay. In fact, I was recently re-reading the Clan Novel Tzimisce which Vykos is a major character of and frankly she spends as much if not more time scheming and manipulating other vampires (including her fellow Sabbat) than fleshcrafting. And when she does fleshcraft, it is in service of her plans rather her own gratification.

Even the sample character concepts in the Revised Clan, none of them are the stereotypical inhuman, fleshcrafting Fiends and several of which would get along just fine as an Anarch.

Like I said before, no Clan is a monolith.

Reactions: