• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've got an additional problem with old links. The new forum gives an "error 404" for all the links in Germany:Take Two. There are still people using that to learn HOI 3, so I am going to have to repair the lot of them :(

@birincikalite: yes they do. I guess I wrote it down wrongly a couple of chapters ago. Still, it does like the best army tactic units in a fight replace the bad ones (even cannons with no casualties) after a good army tactic army reinforced a fight. A multi army stack flagged with Austrian flag can do a fight that is lead by Portugal, and Spanish units doing the fight. Sorry, but thats bit confusing :) I was just guessing wrongly back then :) Think I described what occured right now, did I not? :confused:

In MY experience, the AI is easier to bait to attack in mountains and river crossing etc, with a stack with low tactics value. But that might be confirmation bias.

About the naval invasion: sorry, but you might be wrong. Ai does care about naval invasions far away. BUT I think they need a province NEAR that far away place, or they won't obey commands. In my run, I set Portugal to invade Japan, and I immediatly saw a transport fleet pick up troops in Africa, sailing towards Japan.

Then again, I set vassal in Asia to agressive, and Pegu sailed troops to .... Corsica. That was chapter 4 I think. But I didn't assign them to do so.

Anyways, Naval AI is messy. Remember the invasion of Sweden? Spain and Portugal refused to land troops in Denmark, UNTIL I set foot on Swedish soil in the East of the baltic. Then they scrambled and landed troops in Denmark.

Another example: If I had waited until Portugal landed its troops there before attacking Qing, then Portugal would have landed those troops in Japan (where else). The DOW on Qing and Korea messed it up. Why? Probably because the AI thought Korea/Qing was more of a threat, sicne they were near their colonies/provinces.

I've got an additional problem with old links. The new forum gives an "error 404" for all the links in Germany:Take Two. There are still people using that to learn HOI 3, so I am going to have to repair the lot of them :(

It seems they fixed all links in old signatures to rerout to new threads. But the new "link post XXX inside a thread" links seem to differ from the old.

Thats why I gave the warning :)

I am... impressed at this. I'm kinda a scrub at this game but decided to try this achievement using an exploit... and now I see you're doing it totally clean, even if at 1.9.2 still.

Great work.

Reactions:
Chapter 12: About missionaries and rebels

Tuscany got wrecked. Venice took one province, Sicily got released. I guess they learned being HRE emperor can be such a drag.. Especially if France is involved :rolleyes:

Back to the east Asia Front. I made peace with Tang and Korea. I made it so that Portugal occupied Korea, by transferring occupation to them through Qing. In a follow up war, Japan can spread into Qing aswell still.

Oirat got fed to Russia, also by spreading Russia occupation into Oirat through Qing land. They started coring it, since a corridor of occupied provinces (to uncored provinces) allows coring, as explained before.

Buryatia got erased from the map. Good, since I always make the mistake of naming them Buratyia :oops:

Here’s what I waited for. Qing went bankrupt. That will make it more likely that reactionary rebels will enforce demands after I make peace…
Time to reduce those fat black letters in size now :D

All the low base tax provinces Qing had got spread amongst Portugal and Russia. Both ended up above 90% overextension. Not bad. I also released Yeren, and fed Mongolia its provinces back. Qing got cut down to size :eek:

The landscape in this region keeps on changing. This time its due to Bohemia.

Frankfurt is NOT an OPM anymore. Never seen Frankfurt bigger then one province until now!

Time to reduce the emperor of the HRE to OPM. I transferred occupation of Pisa (the wargoal) to ENGLAND (I could have transferred it to anyone, but I want England to have mainland European provinces) to make the chance bigger that they send their entire army into Europe mainland. No more chilling in Londen, England, while the rest of the subjects do the heavy lifting!
Austria now holds the entire Italian east coast.

Norway.. NORWAY WTF HAPPENED TO YOUR CN? :eek: Vinland got independent. HOW?! I don’t get it :confused:
This must be some sort of bug, unless I missed their independance war totally. IEither way, I attacked Huron, Norway protected them. But Vinland itself attacked Huron. It might be Vinland DID declare independence, and that Huron actually protected Norway. Either way, the entire reason for this war is now gone. No more free Vinland CN for me… Sigh. I bet they’ll form Canada now. Oh well, lets take the islands, and see if we can hold them.

Pity, because the original plan was to full annex Norway to get Vinland as my own CN.

I did full annexation of Ainu and Kamchadals. They have nice fishing grounds, after all :cool:

It made me reach almost 100% overextension again.

Its over. The yellow blob in South America can’t be fed anymore. South America does have some tribes left in Brazil. But they westernized and flipped catholic.

I really don’t understand why a CN overlord can’t fabricate claims on neighbours of its CN. The only way to wipe the leftover tribes is to do NO cb wars, diplo vassalising them, or to do some tricks. But that’s something for later.

Since Poland got beat up by Bohemia, they are susceptible to opportunistic attacks. Can’t let the opportunity pass. The real war targets here are all the HRE states. The white blob is hungry, since Tuscany didn’t fill its belly enough…

As predicted, Canada formed. If only I had attacked Norway sooner… Oh well.

OMG REBELS! MILLIONS OF REBELS! :eek: ….. Send in the mercs, AND the missionaries!

At some point, I was close to giving up, due to being tired, hungover and demoralised. I just fired Farcry 4 for a few hours, vented of steam in the Arena there, and the next day I started dealing with this problem for real.

I was expecting a BIG rebel operation after integrating my wrong religion vassals, but nothing like this.

The rebels forced me to focus my entire attention to them. I made more and more mercs, sent them into Asia through Russia and slowly started to deal with these rebels.

The best way to deal with rebels in mountains is to let them occupy EVERYTHING they can, and then to siege down ONE province. This provokes the rebels into attacking.

This province must be bad terrain to attack for the rebels, and preferably forcing them to do a river crossing if they attack. So it happened. Rebels will *always* attack if you lift an occupation somewhere (after they are chilling due to having occupied all they can).

The small stacks I took on head on, using 40k merc infantry and a few 1k stacks with cannons from subjects attached.

After each fight, I split merc army in ten, consolidated troops, and used the tiny merc regiments that needed refilling to siege down the occupied provinces. This way, consolidating the merc army never made me lose any merc regiment.

What I did get doing this was 10 merc regiments with 100-200 men in it, which I then used to siege down a province, until they refilled. IF they refilled a reasonable amount, I split that stack again, consolidated without losing single regiment, and sent the fresh filled 1k stacks to help out in the fight. I also ferried in more fresh made mercs from the Red sea. This entire operation costed me an arm and a leg in ducats.. But who cares, as long as we don't go down to 0 ducats...

I spent YEARS dealing with the rebels o_O

The idea is to convert everything to Catholicism. I started conversions on the highest base tax provinces, and worked my way down the list. But I need more missionary power :(

Looking back, I probably should have integrated Portugal and Castille FIRST, to get big catholic empire BEFORE integrating the heathens and heretics. But then they wouldn’t colonize anymore. I’m not even sure I could start integrating them back then. But I’d probably have decided against it, since Castille and Portugal almost NEVER get rebels in territory I feed to them.

It all doesn’t matter now I guess.

France took the “get presence in India” mission. GOOD :p They are also colonizing in the Spice islands. Keep your troops THERE France, and I’ll attack you after dealing with these rebels :cool:

Back to Europa. Lubeck fell, and I fed the last province of the Hansa to Austria, after robbing their bank. 2600 ducats!
*music* Yummy-Yummy-Yummy I got ducats in my tummy! *music
(
in case you don’t get it ;))

Munchen got fed to the white blob aswell. Munchen was exactly 100% warscore..

The blue blob in the North expected food aswell. Poland provided.

There’s a new BBB in town folks :eek:

Last edited:

The pope went for Sicily. I allowed him to do so, only because Austria its belly was full.. Looking back, I could have declared conquest war and fed Sicily to Spain or so. Oh well :oops:

Rebels… REBELS!

OMG REBELS! This is getting out of hand.
..I think I wiped more rebels in this decade then I did normal armies in the entire 17th century…

But I got the upper hand in the end :D

I started a spy operation against France. Yep, they have exactly … 6k troops in their home turf :confused:

All their troops are abroad so it seems :rolleyes:

And 30k+ of their troops are in Norway, black flagged. Oh, there’s 15k of them in their Welsh territory also.

Time to strike then I guess :p

The allies of France were more of a problem then France itself. Nothing too hard to handle though.

Mecklenburg and Frankfurt were called in aswell, but they were weakened by a war versus Cologne. Ok Frankfurt, where is your bank?

In other news: Polotsk got fed to Sweden aswell. They can keep their capital for a little longer.

If the colonizers colonized provinces next to north American tribes, then I attacked them, and fed them to the CN. I kept their gold hoard for myself.

And France? France was chilling in India. Your loss o_O Their entire fleet got sunk. They could WALK into my land, but they decided not to..

This is how the Qing region looks like now. Qing gets more and more rebel stacks to deal with. I ferried my entire merc army to Korea, and killed the rebels on Portuguese land. Not only rebels in MY land, also in subject land. Isn't it great.

Venice didn’t like what I was doing to the northern HRE states. Instead of occupying the Alpes, they suddenly attacked my position around Frankfurt.

But the Swedes repelled them with ease. Swedish infantry OP! And their generals also :eek:

I chased them and started sieging Venice aswell.

Ok, that’s them wiped aswell :D

An overview. France is occupying half of England, but who cares. England itself is sieging the last province Scotland has there.. Yes, Scotland joined in too.

…Wait Scotland? What have THEY been doing all this time? They moved capital out of Europe, and I never really looked what they did in the meantime.

I couldn’t find them on the map.

I did a province search for Scotland, and guess where the map ended up… Australia :confused:

Scotland can into Australia… They were occupying the colonial nation Spain had there. I decided to ferry my mercs in to help. After all, I can feed them to the CN!

This felt weird. I actually invaded AUSTRALIA. Now there’s a first for me. Anyways, Scotland got overrun ;)

Last edited:

Bavaria got reduced to OPM. France, Mecklenburg, Lorraine and Venice awaited their turn.

Portugal crept more and more north in Louisiana. They absorbed tribes as they went.

The rebels got defeated. Every last one of them :mad:

But my missionary power is still sucky. I assigned all admin points to the religious idea group, to get the +3% missionary strength bonus. A few years after this screenshot, a missionary advisor popped up, and I hired him aswell. I could only start doing DECENT missionary work in 1726.

I REALLY should have integrated Castille and Portugal first, I guess. I didn’t quite plan ahead well, integrating these big asian vassals FIRST :oops: But, the emperor is handling the situation.

My forcelimit wasn’t exactly big either. Looking back, I guess I’ll have to list integrating the Asian vassals FIRST as the worst mistake in this campaign yet.

Still, I had over 1400 tax base, almost 400 provinces and no ducat loss (as long as the mercs weren’t reinforcing).

Anyways, back to the front. Frankfurt got reduced to OPM, and the White blob got fed again.

After doing that, I noticed I made a mistake :confused:Frankfurt was the emperor of the HRE now. I guess I missed a few popups during the rebel insurgence.

I should have fed Lorraine to Austria, not Frankfurt. Why?

Because an attack on Savoy would drag in three electors, Tuscany AND the new emperor Frankfurt. I carefully studied the HRE elector voting preferences, and decided the time to strike at the heart of the HRE was upon us ;)

It was quite easy to defeat all of them, because the PU armies were still in the vicinity. I had to let Lorraine go, yet again. Oh well, your time will come.

In other news: Brunei invaded Siak. Since the mercs in Asia and Australia finished occupations, I sent them there aswell. Brunei made peace with them, and it left entire Siak open for invasion.

The west European front was secured, and the PU armies there stood idle. We can’t have that! So I figured I could use a kebab lunch after the Baguette breakfast. Move southeast folks :)

Southeast, as in *that* way :rolleyes:

Time to make peace with everyone in the French war, since I got call for peace. Mecklenburg got munched up, and the Swedes can now walk back to Stockholm through Denmark. At last :D

Meanwhile, Bohemia decided to fragment the map around Poland even more.

Scotland gave up its last province in Europe to England. Most of Scotland got fed to Tierra Austral. They now have 2 provinces left in Australia, and various islands across the globe. That’s something for later.

In other news: Japan westernized. That’s all they did the last decades, really :rolleyes:

Venice just gave me all their ducats and war reparations. Why? Because Venice got weak claim Habsburg heir with a dynastic event. I will likely force PU Venice in a few decades. Anyways, Austria its belly was full, and I couldn’t transfer Venice provinces to anyone else. So I had no choice.

…But their 2585 ducats were welcome.

I fed England their French cores back, and a few +coring cost provinces from Brittany. In the long run, I’ll feed entire France to England most likely.

Take into account this are still peace deals without administrative efficiency. I *really* need that ASAP. But first, I need the missionary power.

The Ottomans formed a doomstack with their entire combined army. I played hide and seek with it until the other PU armies arrived. When they were close, I just flat out attacked the entire doomstack in a plain coastal province.

Doomstack or not, defeated thy shall be :p

Last edited:

Time to bring the hammer down. I started a siege on most Ottoman Provinces by now, and Ottoman army had nowhere to rout to anymore. Wipe :mad:

Meanwhile, a little merc stack occupied Mecca (Hejaz was allied to Ottomans) and Hejaz got reduced to an OPM landlocked low base tax desert nation :cool:

I received another missionary as reward. Jerusalem and Mecca cored by Ryukyu!

Siak got overrun and occupied easily. Portugal had a claim in Siak, which enabled me to transfer that claimed province to Portugal. I then transferred entire Siak to Portugal, and fed it to them. Why not to Spain? Because I intended to feed Spain a part of the Ottomans.

A snapshot of Europe. Ryukyu lost France as potential rival. NOOO :(
All the electors and the new emperor Frankfurt got sieged and occupied.

Tuscany gave in. Tuscany once owned almost the entire Italian peninsula, and now they got reduced to rubble. Desillusioned, they agreed to become a part of England.

Ottomans got fully sieged, and I made the orient PU train go east again. Everything in the way got reduced to road kill. The train passed, and the mercs feasted on the remains.

Not AGAIN :mad: All the rebels started popping again. Lucky that I had completed conversions on the highest base tax provinces everywhere. The stacks now were a lot tinier, since they spawned from lower base tax provinces. Still, it was again a wave of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of rebels.
GREAT. …but in the end, nothing more then a nuisance :rolleyes:

At least I finally got Divine Supremacy, along with a missionary advisor. I can start converting for real now.

Tunis gave up its capital to Portugal.

And Ottomans gave this to Spain, along with a few provinces around Kosovo to Austria.

Baluchistan gave me a corridor towards the port provinces that border India and Persia. After coring those port provinces, I’ll sell them to subjects. Didn’t take a screenshot of that, but in the long run you’ll see what I mean. I intend to deal with India like I did in the Foix run, and this is just preparation for that.

The Timurids gave most of their 1 and 2 base tax provinces to Russia.

Nanjing got converted. I’m focussing on converting any high base tax provinces that aren’t Sunni. I’ll invest all the papal influence in mercantilism.

Samarkand fell, but I could care less.. GodDAMN rebels (sorry for the language, but I hope you can understand the frustration I had back then) are really starting to get on my nerves by now. Enough is enough :mad:

Just DIE already!!

The Empire strikes back!

Speaking of the emperor…

Trier became Ryukyu’ first vassalised elector. Frankfurt the second. You can not annex the HRE emperor, but you CAN vassalise him. When I vassalised Frankfurt, Savoy got elected Emperor. That’s what I predicted from the start, studying elector preferences.

Corsica got vassalised aswell, and then Savoy itself. The electors had no choice now to vote for RYUKYU as new HRE emperor :eek:

This move made me go 11/9 in diplo relations, but I guess its worth it.

After I made peace for a day, I added 50 provinces to the HRE, and passed the third reform, 6 princes for and 6 against.

Ryukyu got +1 diplo slot, +1 diplo reputation, another diplomat, more advisors and -10% coring cost among other stuff as reward for conquering its way into HRE emperorship.

When Spain integrates around 1732, I’ll add all their provinces to HRE aswell, and I’ll get the +15% tax bonus from “gemeiner pfennig” reform. And that ‘ll be the last reform I really need.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

P.S. The last hundred years of this campaign are in effect. Looking at the map I’m starting to worry a bit. The rebels forced me to commit my entire army to them for decades, and I didn’t have a chance yet to start with Africa, Persia and India etc. Let’s just hope my worries will be unjustified in the next decades. After all, in the Foix run I never touched India before 1730 either. But in that run, I had conquered entire West Africa before 1730.

Last edited:
Still have 90 years left. Should still be possible for World Conquest. Is there anything left in Africa that hasn't westernized? Protectorating could be a way to go.

no, entire africa is almost westernised. I think i'll vassalise a tiny african sunni nation and feed that, instead of a colonizer. I should have diplo slots free to vassalise a lot of 'm. Same for the tribes in america.

If all else fails in america i'll go -2 stab, and no cb them all ;)

And yes, imperialism cb would be handy for that, but its not worth the diplo point cost at this time.

We'll see what happens. The plan now is to conquer southern coast of persia, force myself a corridor from Najd to india, and then to alternate massive indian/african wars, while conquering rest of europe.

..or something like that.

You need to annex your vassals with CN's for the achievement to fire, right? How long will annexing Spain/Portugal take? Do you have enough diplo points generation to do two annexions at the same time (no idea how high your dip rep is)?

I just integrated Spain@ 10 points a month with dip rep advisor. Portugal is a trade monster with massive fleet, and admin efficiency lvl 2. I think i'll keep Portugal for a while. I want them to colonize north america too. Then again, integrating themwould hand me huge income, massive fleet, and massive tarrifs.

And yes, I can do two diplo anexations at once.

I'll decide who/what to integrate when I am at peace for a day ;)

Currently my mind is on Portugal/Austria, for income reasons.

Last edited:
I got a chance to calculate total diplo point cost for integrating all PU nations.

A ONE TAG is still easily possible :D

BUT that means I gotta core entire east and west africa, and the remains of all asia myself.

Rudimentary plan now: Feed whatever in Europe to PU subjects, cancel Japan as PU subject (to save diplo points) and conquer them myself (I get reduced coring cost on them anyways, sounds like a good plan or not? :confused:)

I think feeding Europe to PU subjects is needed to save admin points (europe provinces cost more to core, overseas asia/africa provinces less). Then again, I could use the +1 to all monarch point bonus from rival mechanic now. And Ottomans and France and Venice are my rivals now.

Anyone got any suggestion to get power projection fast? Never privateered in my life etc.

Other suggestions are welcome too.

Last edited:
Embargo, support rebels, fund their enemies, war, taking provinces. Those are the ones I use. Can't help you with privateering either.

Isn't supporting rebels supposed to be the most effective?

I guess I'll try embargoing France, Venice and Ottomans( my rivals), and try Privateering. Hrrm.

Privateering is best in high total income nodes where you have little trade power right? I can try it out in Venice or Bordeaux I guess.

But I guess conquering Ottomans and taking Asian provinces will net me the most. I was planning to do so anyways.

Maybe I can attack France again, and humiliate Venice in seperate peace. That sounds like a plan.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying following this, good luck making it!

Any chance you'll have no wars left near the end and all you need to do is wait for PU integrations?

I guess I'll have wars tilll the end, since the current plan is to spend any and all adm points that are left in coring the leftover nations.

I need every single admin and diplo point left in the game if I want a true one tag, with everything cored. But I don't know if that is even possible still :)

Supporting rebels doesn't do much. Just embargo your rivals and send ~15 privateers against them in any nodes they control.

On an unrelated note, I've tried the transfer occupation thing in my current 1.11 game and it seems they patched it. I have all DLCs, so that couldn't be the reason. I have no idea how I'll feed North Africa to my vassals now...