• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's next Vassal Curry? Feeding Ming Chew Mein? :D

I'm awaiting the claim throne on Austria. That war should be quite epic.

another France war most likely and some holy wars in Asia. I got to study the new alliance patterns in former ming territory to decide xhat country is best to attack. The succession war and the dissolving of Spanish alliance makes me quite vulnerable. I really hope Austria will join on continuous France/Ottoman wars. We'll see.

Regardin claim throne on Austria.. I doubt i can ever win versus Austria in a force PU war. No, the best thing that could happen now is that Ryukyu becomes highest tax base RM partner of Austria, and then heirless Austria ruler dying. I'll likely get succession war vs France then, with Austria as my PU subject.

Hey, i'm allowed to dream, right....

another France war most likely and some holy wars in Asia. I got to study the new alliance patterns in former ming territory to decide xhat country is best to attack. The succession war and the dissolving of Spanish alliance makes me quite vulnerable. I really hope Austria will join on continuous France/Ottoman wars. We'll see.

Regardin claim throne on Austria.. I doubt i can ever win versus Austria in a force PU war. No, the best thing that could happen now is that Ryukyu becomes highest tax base RM partner of Austria, and then heirless Austria ruler dying. I'll likely get succession war vs France then, with Austria as my PU subject.

Hey, i'm allowed to dream, right....

Who are their other RM partners anyway?

Colonies without distant overseas modifier (meaning on the same continent or connected via land to your capitol) will always start without a core for some reason. Only thing I can think of is that you kept your colonist in the colony, and it'll keep ticking up due to monthly colonial chance to bring in extra settlers. Apart from that, no idea why you would've gotten that colony.

Hello! That change is in 1.9 Patch notes:

Autonomy & Cores
  • You no longer automatically get cores on provinces colonized on the same continent, but instead have to pay half the normal coring cost to turn them into cores.
  • You now only have to pay half the normal coring cost for overseas provinces.
  • Removed min autonomy on same continent colonies.
  • Reduced autonomy effect on warscore cost.

the most insane TTM attempt I've seen yet :)

great work as always.

Who are their other RM partners anyway?

Austria biggest RM partner that is a monarchy is Venice. Yeah i know, VENICE. They aren't a merchant republic. No clue why not. Probably relected their president too much and tumbled down into republican dictatorship and collapsed into a monarchy. Austria now did RM with Georgia.. They might diplo vassalise them. This Austria is VERY atypical. Austria into black sea and asia would be very weird screenshot.

But I 'm not 100% sure if i qualify to get succession war over Austria. Succession wars over countries with same dynasty are flakey.

I might already pass Venice in taks base though. Thats impossible to check ingame unfortunatly..

Anyways, Austria needs to be heirless first.

Spain and Portugal are more interesting PU targets ATM. I'm their highest tax base partner, and so i qualify to spread my dynasty there. And Spain, like Muscovy, is really easy to get into a PU, since they have few possible RM partners.

Last edited:
Setbacks are just a number Atwix. You have my faith.

wow, coming from you, thats quite a compliment :) I was a Twitch student of yours for a long while ;)

Do you have a different name on Twitch?

I'm glad someone else sees the merit of SE Asia in these days of hip kids thinking India is the best opener for Ryukyu.

I just watched a load of your nation runs on twitch, but almost never live.

I also thought for a LONG while that india is best opener, but NOT attacking India makes you "unknown" to entire India, which has as direct result that (even when you attack a nation next to Bengal) they don't get agressive expansion vs you, and can't make coalitions. Besides, the Ming bank is almost a must for any Ryukyu run.

Besides, the Ming bank is almost a must for any Ryukyu run.
Told ya, nothing beats being close to the great ming bank.

Anyway, could you post the diplo mapmode showing the entire world? I really like to see the progress on a world map.

nice AAR! really enjoyed reading it!

a little bit OT, and you might already know
but Okinawans or Ryukyuans are NOT Japanese.
even until now, their cultures, cuisine, languages and some other things are different

there were also surveys conducted some years ago and Okinawan people refer themselves as 沖縄人 (okinawajin) rather than 日本人 (nihonjin), so I think it's better to refer them as Ryukyuans due to Japan's xenophobic nature

also, in game you are already much much stronger than Japan, why would you refer yourself as Japanese? :p
that is blasphemy!

Soon the elite of those Okinawans will have converted themselves into Catholic Occitanians!

I could use some advice regarding culture shift or not.

I never did it before.

If i do it, i can never ever get patriot rebels again in France right? Only nationalists?

In the long run, i think its also good to keep French cultures as "in same culture group", if i expand so much that French cultures would become unaccepted.

Is there anything else i'm missing here, regarding benefits of culture shifting into occitain?

nice AAR! really enjoyed reading it!

a little bit OT, and you might already know
but Okinawans or Ryukyuans are NOT Japanese.
even until now, their cultures, cuisine, languages and some other things are different

there were also surveys conducted some years ago and Okinawan people refer themselves as 沖縄人 (okinawajin) rather than 日本人 (nihonjin), so I think it's better to refer them as Ryukyuans due to Japan's xenophobic nature

also, in game you are already much much stronger than Japan, why would you refer yourself as Japanese? :p
that is blasphemy!

ah ok. I got no clue about this, I'm just an ignorant Longnose :D

All I saw is that my culture is Japanese ingame. Well, for now.

I could use some advice regarding culture shift or not.

I never did it before.

If i do it, i can never ever get patriot rebels again in France right? Only nationalists?

In the long run, i think its also good to keep French cultures as "in same culture group", if i expand so much that French cultures would become unaccepted.

Is there anything else i'm missing here, regarding benefits of culture shifting into occitain?

ah ok. I got no clue about this, I'm just an ignorant Longnose :D

All I saw is that my culture is Japanese ingame. Well, for now.

well, I guess since you are planning to culture convert to Occitan, that doesn't matter anymore :p

also, i think PDX made okinawa as japanese culture to make it easier, but i personally think that at this time okinawa's culture should be ryukyuan or okinawan :p

Last edited:
It's better for Ryukyu to be in a larger culture group tbh

in reality, okinawan culture is closer with chinese culture.
but seeing how fucked up china and the chinese culture now, i think it's all good if Ryukyu is considered as part of japanese culture in this timeframe.

in reality, okinawan culture is closer with chinese culture.
but seeing how fucked up china and the chinese culture now, i think it's all good if Ryukyu is considered as part of japanese culture in this timeframe.

I think he means i should go occitain since French culture group is big

occitain supa-strong.

Keep in mind that it will only make Occitain provinces get peasant rebels (or nobles / pretender / zealots depending on the province/nation situation). All other French cultured provinces will still have their normal patriot / nationalist rebel set...in the vast majority of cases at least.

The only exceptions I know (regarding nations that do not generate patriots / nationalists if their culture is different from owner primary culture) are the tagless cultures - Bantu, Latvian, Estonian, Ostyak. There are probably more but those are the 4 that I've run into. Incidentally, those four will also generate zealots on the first rebel spawn cycle if their religion is different from yours even with +15 nationalism modifier, a potentially useful conversion tactic...