• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Patched it?! Are you sure you do it the right way? Aka grab ONE 1basetax province, fabricate claim on neighbour, declare CONQUEST CB (or reconquest works too) war for that claim, and then transfer wargoal province? It won't work with holy war cb etc.

What the...

If that is true, I should stop explaining tricks in these threads :mad:

Was that change in the patch notes?

And also, are you 100% SURE you are using conquest/reconquest cb? As said before, it will not work with another CB, UNLESS they have a claim anywhere. You can Always transfer occupations of claims.

AFAIK, it requires a core, claim or accepted culture.

Oh well. Another of my tricks gone :(

Not just your tricks. They're dumping on everybody.

I suppose thats a good thing.

I want them to patch the routing mechanic aswell, as my described trick makes it too easy to wipe a doomstack out.

France or anyone shouldn't be able to be defeated within 6 months.

It makes me feel bad if I micro-manage my way into doing so.

Then again, who would NOT, if able..

Ikkiks already reported a 1.11 one tag, so its still possible on current patch.

Somehow I think that threads like these make the game better in the end.

If they patch stuff out that players show off, it might improve the game.

I used to be mad at the changes 1.10 brought, but to be honest, it was emotion.

I now hope they will continue to evolve this game to perfection, eliminating tricks.

I might even reconsider retirement after this game.. Just because the new dev diaries intrigue almost everyone, me included.

They certainly know their job at Paradox.

Patched it?! Are you sure you do it the right way? Aka grab ONE 1basetax province, fabricate claim on neighbour, declare CONQUEST CB (or reconquest works too) war for that claim, and then transfer wargoal province? It won't work with holy war cb etc.

I did it differently, actually: fabricated on a couple Moroccan provinces (Portugal didn't have a core in Ceuta anymore) and tried to transfer anything to anyone, subjects or allies. Didn't work. I even tried it again in another Conquest war, to no avail.

In the end, I just said "fuck it" and sat on my ass for a thousand years until I could change culture in a Berber province (there were only Tunis and Morocco alive in North Africa), then sold it to Portugal. Not that it matters anymore because I found out I was too slow for a decent shot at WC, but at least I found out your trick doesn't work anymore.

I did it differently, actually: fabricated on a couple Moroccan provinces (Portugal didn't have a core in Ceuta anymore) and tried to transfer anything to anyone, subjects or allies. Didn't work. I even tried it again in another Conquest war, to no avail.

In the end, I just said "fuck it" and sat on my ass for a thousand years until I could change culture in a Berber province (there were only Tunis and Morocco alive in North Africa), then sold it to Portugal. Not that it matters anymore because I found out I was too slow for a decent shot at WC, but at least I found out your trick doesn't work anymore.

You can still sell any cored province to vassals. Takes an extra war, of course, and a few extra admin points, but it's doable.

On the other hand, the coring rules seem to be more arbitrary in 1.11; sometimes I can core through vassals/subjects' territories, and sometimes I can't for reasons I don't understand. And yes, we're talking cored territory.

I suppose thats a good thing.

I want them to patch the routing mechanic aswell, as my described trick makes it too easy to wipe a doomstack out.

They did patch the routing, AFAIK. Only reliable way to get a big stack wipe these days is to retreat a day before winning, then bring in a second army to finish the enemy while it's at low morale. Quantity for the win.

I might even reconsider retirement after this game.. Just because the new dev diaries intrigue almost everyone, me included.

They certainly know their job at Paradox.

Yeah the new fort mechanics look like they'll play havoc with WC-style campaigns, but they sure look fun.

Reactions:
They patched the routing as well? Sheesh. I wouldn't know, I never did a 1.10+ game yet. Bit busy on Ryukyu.

Starting to wonder if I should feel proud/angry that they patch every trick I show in this AAR :p

Anyways, starting to write a new chapter now. It 'll be up in a few hours.

P.s: Regarding the transfer occupation: I'd just take and core a 1 base tax province, sell it to vassal/subject, and declare holy war on its neighbours before my holy war cb vanishes. Problem solved. Until they patch selling cores to subjects TOO! :rolleyes:

Chapter 13: Preparations for decades of overseas coring

I used the short period of peace to sell Portugal a port province inside Bengal Delta (NE India) and then I declared on everyone and their mother around Qing. To be honest, I had no clue what to feed to Russia, Japan and Portugal, so I just declared on all, only to sort out what to feed to WHO later on ;)

Russia attacked that 22k Qing stack and wiped it instantly. Tech difference in military makes it lot easier to flat out wiping an enemy stack. All troops destroyed.. *yawn*

As you can see, I got more then a million troops combined, counting all Pu armies and their colonial nations o_O
And their combined navy! 127 heavies :mad:, 875 trade ships :eek: and 407 transports :rolleyes: Note that I sold transport fleets to many subjects, or there wouldn’t be as much floating around..

Time to prepare for a full-fledged invasion of India. I attacked Bengal first. Why? Because RUSSIA (yes Russia) took the “get the presence in India” mission, and because they had claims on the Bengal delta region ports (they colonized Taiwan, and got coring range into India from there).

You can see I also sold Portugal a port there. I won’t attack Orissa/Mewar/Koch (they are all allied to each other) until two subjects have a core in India. Why? You will see later. I post this screenshot to show that planning ahead is vital in a WC, or a one tag.

I also took the mission, because why not.

Meanwhile, the nations that got fully occupied in Far East Asia got munched up by subjects. All troops were being brought in a position to invade India, after occupying all of it.

But before I did the invasion, I needed to manage the consequences of integrating my first PU subject :confused:

Spain is the first domino stone to fall. The goal in the end, is to make that RYUKYU tag in Europe a LOT bigger..

..I know, that red England core in Armagnac kinda ruins it :rolleyes:

When you integrate monsters like this, you always end up with a messy situation.

All their armies are suddenly flagged as YOURS, and they can be everywhere around the map. Same thing for their fleet.

Best idea here is to activate armies/navies in the window at the right top, and to cycle all armies/fleets and to give separate orders.

You know whats weird? When you integrate a EUROPE western nation as ASIAN culture nation, the subject troops change into ASIAN tech troops :confused: How that makes sense, I got no clue :rolleyes:

Anyways, all their European Grenzer infantry turned into… Asian musketeers.

Yeah, sure, why not. It makes a lot of sense, after all ;)

What I didn’t get is how they switched uniforms so fast!

Integrating Spain gave me an exact 267/267 army count, a navy consisting of 100 trade ships and 20 heavies, and more transports.

Note that the -160 ducat loss didn’t last, after re-assigning traders, trade fleets and ditching all the costly mercs Spain brought along. I never use anything else then merc infantry. The rest got sacked.

You know whats funny? Even the MERCS switched to Asian tech units :D

But they are supposed to be independent.. mercenaries! It seems I got greater integration capability then I imagined :cool:

Heres the diplomatic view of Europe after the integration. A bit of a mess. But in the end, that will get solved. I now had 478 provinces, and 1800+ tax base of my OWN (no vassals anymore).

Did you notice how much TARIFFS I get now, after integrating Spain? 77 ducats a month :p

Imagine what it will be after integrating Portugal and England..

More and more nations in Far East Asia got fed to subjects. I’m not going to show all the peace deals.. But this one was the last substantial feeding, since the subjects hit their overextension cap.

This is how the Qing region looks like now… The leftovers I will core myself, later on.

I used the freshly integrated troops in Europe to smash the usual Polish alliance web. Revoking the privilegia isn’t in my goal. Feeding entire Europe to Austria, England and Sweden IS.

This was easy. Only France and their allies still pose a real threat in Europe.

Time for some REAL Business :cool:

I declared with overseas expansion cb on Orissa, and made Koch and Mewar co-belligerent. I had placed half of my troops on the west side, and half on the east side.

The triple alliance was busy fighting France in Mewar, and their troops were concentrated there.

All the arrows are an inclination of my plan.

The India plan: start a siege on as many provinces in Mewar and Koch, to cut down the routing options for Mewar/Koch, while engaging their doomstacks head on.

Note that I read today that they patched the routing mechanic. So likely this trick is patched. Not sure though, feedback appreciated.

I’m not sure if I should be angry or proud that Paradox changes so many things in the patches (after 1.9.2) that are shown in this AAR.. But a change in this routing mechanic was long overdue, since it made wiping main armies easy, if you knew how to micromanage.

And I know how to micromanage, if I may say that. I switched to speed 2, sent scouting/occupation stacks in all directions, and overview entire battelefield every week to adapt troop movements. The PU armies got guided to the front, and my own armies marched to start sieges in North India, from Baluchistan to Bengal.

I tried to engage the Indian armies in plains, to have maximum combat width. That is to my advantage here, as my army units are superior. They inflict best morale damage and casualties if I force the enemy to fight a row of 40+ infantry/cavalry wide backed by 40+ cannons…

I bashed the armies in the west, spread my troops across as many provinces as fast as possible across northern India, and meanwhile I advanced in the east, to intercept the routing army of Koch, and the Orissa stacks that walked north to intercept my moves.

As micromanaging India invasion wasn’t enough, I also had to watch the invasion of Canada in this continent…

…and also the invasion of the Polish alliance web in THAT continent.

Both those fronts were secured easily ;)

Time for another front then. I attacked the leftover tribes in central America.

IF your colonial nation fabricates claim on a tribe/other CN, the overlord can use that claim to attack as overlord.

I had to wait for that to happen, as all tribes there were westernised and catholic.

But the real attention went to India. The benefit of doing a blitzkrieg across a large territory, is that you can catch small stacks unaware, and often they have no general leading them. Most stacks here did have generals, but I wiped them nevertheless.

If you invade like this, the AI usually tries to form a doomstack. Catching the moving small stacks is vital. Using high manoeuvre generals helps a ton here.

Chase and kill ‘m boys! :D

Last edited:

The tech difference made this entire invasion relatively easy :oops:

514 infantry loss to wipe a stack (full morale) of 17k… EHH, don’t be TOO eager boys. Keep some stamina to chase that bigger stack!

In the east, I kept Orissa busy with my mercs, and the Idea was to intercept the routing Koch stack you can see there.

I saw the routing Koch stack travel to Jaunpur. The idea was to have some troops in each province on their path, UNTIL they stopped routing. The routing stack engaged a siege stack in Janpur, and I reinforced the fight with the merc stack, that had just sent the Orissa stack back south. Koch got routed yet AGAIN, but by this time I started sieges on more and more Koch provinces.

Koch only had to option to flee to the most western province they had. I sent sieging stacks to ALL Koch provinces now, and chased the routing Koch army with whatever mercs I had left.

The armies in Mewar chased a 30k+ stack aswell.

I GOT YOU! Once I was SURE I’d catch the stack in the Chittor province, I sent sieging stacks to the provinces in Mewar that weren’t being sieged already. Mewar and Koch had NOWHERE to run anymore :cool:

When I sent these sieging stacks, I noticed something that made me laugh out loud :D

Can you see what made me laugh?

……

That’s right, one of the 1k stacks that led the Asian vassal armies back in the 15th(!) century is still marching around with the other mercs.

It seems I’ve been using that asian longspear infantry merc regiment for almost ….. 250-300 years. I didn’t notice it until now.

I smiled and let the tribal spear-carrying savage mercs do their barbaric thing in the Surat province. I hope they don’t eat the horses of the other merc regiment :rolleyes:

An overview, that demonstrates the effectiveness of this Blitzkrieg strategy. Koch and Mewar got overrun in 2-3 months.

My 5 pip manoeuver general chased and wiped the stack in Chittor. Not even 3k casualties to wipe a 30k+ stack :eek:

To the northeast, my leftover merc stack is chasing the routing Koch army.

The Koch army got defeated again, routed to the neighbouring province I had left UNSIEGED, and got wiped in the same month there.

Entire Koch and Mewar got defeated and sieged within 4 months after the start of the war. Orissa had 40k troops licking their wounds somewhere….

The plan now was to move all the 1k stacks with PU armies attached south into Orissa, to keep them busy. The idea here is to move the tiny sieging stacks south into Orissa once they finish a siege in Mewar/Koch.

Afghanistan was in the war aswell, and they harassed my sieging stacks. One 1k stack with PU army got sent their way.

Orissa played hide and seek with me, but I catched them always. More and more troops arrived in Orissa from the north.

War won :p

Situation got from bad to worse for Orissa. The heavies I received when integration of Spain completed, arrived on the scene, and started blockades, along with my cog fleet.

It changed from this bad….

To even MORE bad….

To WORSE :mad:

Entire Orissa is being sieged, and in the meantime I finally was able to unlock admin tech 22, and I got my first level of administrative efficiency. Long overdue, don’t you agree?

Admin tech 22 allowed a switch to constitutional monarchy. So I did. This monarchy type has even more montly autonomy reduce then absolute monarchy, and it also gives bonus to manpower, which I need badly. It was silly I changed to absolute monarchy, as I switched to this type of government not too soon after.

I completed the occupation of Canada.

Time to test this new administrative efficiency :)

Works OK allright. Portuguese Louisiana got spread into… Canada. Thirteen Colonies aswell. I had to feed *someone* right?

Its funny, but Thirteen colonies is bordering Portuguese Louisiana, IN CANADA :confused:

Meanwhile, its all over for the attacked nations in middle America. Only Tlapanec exists still. The rest got absorbed by my colonial nations. 3 nations still exist in Middle and South America, and two are protectorates of Portugal in Brazil.

Its all over aswell for the Polish alliance web. Lorraine and Bavaria got absorbed by Austria, and Hesse and Poland are now an OPM :cool:

Anyways, back to the India front.

Time to execute a plan, that was set in motion decades ago. Ever wondered WHY I wanted two different subjects to have a core in India? Well here’s why. Look at the occupation colors.

…..

I transferred occupation to Portugal in KOCH, based off the Dhaka province in the Bengal delta region.

I transferred occupation to Russia into ORISSA and MEWAR, based off the province SOUTH of Dhaka.

Russia now has occupation of the port province east of MY port province in northwest India. I spread occupations across ENTIRE India.

Can you start to see where I’m going with this? ;)

This is the first step towards that goal.

I made peace with Mewar, giving provinces to RUSSIA and releasing Kathiawar and Malwa.
I made peace with Koch, giving provinces to PORTUGAL.

Its more obvious now what my goal was from the start.

I made peace with Orissa, giving a few more provinces to Russia.

Study the screenshot now. I ask for one key port province in Orissa for myself. I also ask Orissa to release several nations.

Do you see where I’m going with this? My next move will be to start a war to full annex ALL those released nations in one go, establishing a corridor from Bagelkhand province in the north, to the land strait in Madura province, to the south.

I know, me and my corridors. Makes you smile huh :D

The long term goal after making these corridors will be to annex released nations in India one by one, after making claims on their highest base tax provinces.

And there is another benefit of this series of peace deals that may not be obvious at first.

The corridor is established from Northwest India port province to Northeast India province. BUT the entire corridor is owned by subjects.

The benefit mentioned in previous screenshot: this move enables me to core ENTIRE India as OVERSEAS territory, while still having a corridor to those overseas cored provinces… Note that the Baluchistan territory is ALSO overseas territory now, since I will sever that territory from my capital by selling a 1 base tax province inside the corridor (the corridor from the new ‘silk road’ towards the NW India port province; I mentioned it back then that it would become obvious what I meant later on, well here it is) to the Timurids.

This move, that I started planning decades ago, also enables me to core Persian land as overseas territory. I’ll make *another* corridor there soon, and subjects will once again enable me to have a corridor from the levant (Najd) into India, without losing the ability to core all the land as overseas territory.

Basically, it enables me to core stuff at 50% cost, everywhere almost In Africa and Asia (as it supposed to be, but I still got my corridors ;))

And that is worth it!

I had a lot of questions regarding this so far, so i'll contemplate on this tactic a bit, using the example of how to do it as Ottomans.

The idea to save monarch points is Always to vassal feed on the continent your capital is in, and to core overseas in other continents.

For example, full annex Byzantium, release them for their religious ideas that will convert everything you feed to them to sunni. And so on. Release vassals who have religious as first/second idea, and feed them entire Europe. Integrate at will, and release new ones with religious converting capacity.

Regarding the trick to let ottomans core overseas: conquer the mamluks, but do NOT establish a link between your capital and thaty land over your own land. Then all land in AFRICA region will be considered overseas.

What you then do as peace deal: take sinai and gaza (africa region) and core it as overseas territory. You will end up with a port core in the red sea. From there, you can core EVERYTHING in asia and africa as overseas territory. Thats halve base tax cost on everything overseas.. Once you have the -33coring cost % from traditions, and maybe -10% coring cost from taking administrative group, and some claims, you can stack -83% coring cost as Sunni Ottomans.

But the game has a hardcap minimum of 5% coring cost.
Bottomline is: in theory you can core entire asia and africa at 5% coring cost. But that is only achievable in a situation with some wonky religion changes.

Anyways, regarding the first mamluk war as ottomans: If you want to be REAL smart, then take all asian mamluk ports, release syria right after (entire syria is considered asian territory), and you can walk your troops from Edirne to gaza, while maintaining the ability to core everything as overseas territory.

If the land connection from capital to the other continent provinces can only go through vassals, then all "severed" land is considered overseas!

After that mamluk war, get coring range up to basra by going for Oman/Najd/Yemen. continue to get land eastwards from Syria to qara, and in that peace deal take all Iraq land up to basra, and link it to the syrian land WITHOUT linking it to any other province you own that has land corridor to capital. Basically, take all asian land from Basra up to to bordering your syria vassal, and bordering your asian oversea core ports you took from mamluks.

Result? all that asian land will be overseas too. Make more and more claims left and right of the corridors you create this way, and take all claimed all land at -83% coring cost. Its best to make a low base tax corridor that has many high base taks provinces left and right that you can claim, to get -83% coring cost on all those high base tax provinces in the next war.

Regarding ottomans needing religious: if you REALLY want to save diplo points to be able to tech diplomatic tech up, then you can consider flipping to orthodox, and use holy war cb on everything and their mother. You can become emperor of the HRE then if you can force a peace of westphalia, and get the -10% coring cost reform passed. You can also ally Russia ;)

to whoever who wants to try my described strategy: The idea is integrate the vassal that blocks a land line to all the overseas provinces, on periodic intervals, to make all provinces cored as overseas NOT overseas, because there is land connection between your capital and those provinces. You will see autonomy dropping and manpower and production rise then.

The idea THEN is to release new vassals, and to start over, coring in a south and east direction as ottomans. Note that these new vassals should be vassals with a PORT, next to a core port of yours, so that provinces on the other side can be cored as overseas.

Example: you can release Najd after integrating syria, and core LEVANT as overseas. Or you can conquer a corridor from Iraq Basra port through Persia towards India, and release Baluchisten at some point, to be able to conquer and core entire India as overseas.

Note that selling a province of you to any nation to sever the link somewhere works ALSO (example: coring all ports from persia towards india, and then selling a 1 base tax core port of them BACK to persia, to sever the link. The cores east of it will turn overseas, and you can then core whole india region, and RECONQUER that persian port you sold, to re-establish the link to capital. But you will need transport fleets then.

In theory 2.5% effective coring cost should have been possible, but I just tested (gave Ottomans 95% reduction instead of only 33%) and you can't go below 1 Adm per BT even oversea.

So I guess the coring formula is something like:

max( floor( 20 * BT * OS * max( 0.05, ( ( 100 - CC ) / 100 ) ) ), BT )

BT - bastax
OS - 0.5 if oversea else 1
CC - sum of all coring cost modifiers

I was asking if going from -90% coring cost to -95% cost halves coring cost, seems I'm right then :)
Yes, though no one can reach that without rather screwy religion changes. If you don't change religion Ottomans cap at 83% and Italy as emperor at 85%.

With one religion change:
Hindu Italy as emperor: 95%
Christian Ottoman as emperor: 93%
Hindu or emperor: Hordes, Mughals, Kazan: 85%
Mayan Tarascan: 85%

2 changes:
Hindu Ottomans as emperor: 103%
Hindu and emperor: Italy, Hordes, Mughals, Kazan: 95%
Hindu and emperor: Manchu, Candar, Caraman, Anatolian minors : 90%

I don't think you can change to Mayan and reform it if you aren't Mesoamerican or Andean Tech, otherwise you could change Hindu for Mayan and increase those values by another 10. After all you can never have enough overkill. ;)

Anyways, seems although my numbers weren't quite right, the actual ottoman strategy i listed still stands ;)
Absolutly. :)

So, if I get your formulae right, then coring NANJING as 17 base tax province overseas with claim and -33% ottoman tradition and all rest of bonuses stacking -100+% coring cost, will result in a cost to core Nanjing of 17 adm points, since it can't go below 1 adm point per base tax of province?
Nah Sunni Ottomans would pay 28 Adm.
Seraphithan posted this to correct me!
Hope that clarifies things a bit, after questions asked :)

Last edited:

An overview, showing the corridors I made around India.

India is now severed in two triangles, and I’ll be able to core it all as overseas after selling that province to the timurids.

The next move will be to sever Persia in two also, and to establish another corridor. I will then nibble at the leftovers, left and right of the corridors… Until everything is munched up and cored.

I used a short peace period to tick my war exhaustion away, and I also added 50 more provinces to the HRE, mainly Spanish ones. I did another HRE reform, and the emperor of the HRE, Ryukyu, gets +15% tax modifier as a reward :)

I also started integrating Corsica, Frankfurt and Savoy.

I will only keep Trier as a vassal in the long run.. Then there will be 2 electors left, and Trier will always vote for me, disabling the need for Ryukyu to enact Erbkaisertum reform anytime soon. Besides, Trier can be useful to absorb Cologne in the long run.

I forgot to take screenshot of it, but after Corsica and Frankfurt integrated, I released SYRIA and IRAQ as vassals.

Why? This move severed the levant from my capital, and it will enable me to core Oman, east Africa and the Mamluks as overseas provinces, while maintaining the land corridors.

If you ever wondered what the use of all those corridors are: well, the chapter title says it. Preparation of 80 years of coring overseas… Everything I core now will be considered overseas territory, at a reduced coring cost of 50%.

…And so we did. You can see Iraq there, by the way. You can also see I closed the corridor from the ‘silk road’ (between Europe and former Ming territory) towards the NW India port provinces, by selling that 1 base tax province to the Timurids.

Persia was invading Afghanistan and Koch to help Delhi out, so I could just start a siege on ENTIRE Persia without a sweat. I sent the Pu armies (they got trapped by closing the corridor, and now I used them to kill Persia) north into the Corridor towards Delhi. Oman got invaded aswell. The papal states and Genoa got involved aswell somehow. Err mister Pope, you come to the defense of heathens? o_O

Within 2 months, entire Persia was being sieged. Oman not too soon after aswell. I led the PU armies INTO Delhi, in search of the stack I saw disappearing into Koch.

I had 43k of my own troops there aswell, to assault provinces. 30k merc infantry can easily assault a level 2 fort with marginal losses. I assaulted Sind and Delhi provinces, because I didn’t want Persia outmanoeuvring me and attacking the siege stacks everywhere.

There you are! :D Persia is fighting Koch.. I asked access to Koch, and simply wiped that Persian stack somewhere in Koch while it had low morale.

Meanwhile, Savoy integrated. I snorted when I saw Austria was invading the Papal states. Fine, be my guest. Genoa invaded Corsica, but I could care less for that aswell. I let both nations go untouched in the end.

It seems “somewhere in Koch” was Katehar. Now that Persia was defeated, I went in search of the Delhi/Sind army in Koch. There you are! :D Let me tickle you a bit.

Here you can see Iraq and Syria, and how they sever the entire levant from the capital. Entire Oman will be considered overseas. Everything is being sieged, just a matter of time now :rolleyes:

And I hate watching and doing nothing. So I declared on France. Because why not :cool:

Scotland, Tunis, Venice and Mecklenburg joined in. That’s right, Alaska. Scotland has a capital in Australia, the nova scotia colonial nation in Canada, and also a colonial nation in.. Alaska. Sure, why not :rolleyes:

Anyways, I focused on a leaderless stack of France first.

But I needed some overextension to chew on, before taking France on for real. Oman provided, they got reduced to OPM.

I needed some more overextension, so Delhi ceded me entire Sind. 90% overextension will do.

I took QUANTITY idea group a while back, and the first idea in it, combined with manpower bonus from constitutional monarchy, allowed me to (finally) build my own cannons.

Let’s start with umm.. 40 cannons. They will be handy to occupy France and the rest.

I now make about 5k manpower each month! And my pool was 500k+ and rising fast o_O

In the coming years, I just ditched all my mercs and replaced them with normal troops. It enabled me to pay for +3 advisors in both administrative and diplomacy. I now have +3 missionary strength advisor and a +3 diplo rep advisor, and I’ll keep the +1 -10% land maintenance one for now.

I surprise attacked France quite nicely, but Venice and Mecklenburg didn’t sit idle this time. They forced me to stop all the sieges, and to deal with their stacks first. Venice attacked a stray (weak) Austrian stack in Ile-de-France, and I scrambled to reinforce that fight :eek:

The battle turned into an all-or-nothing fight versus Venice and Mecklenburg.
HOLD THE LINE :mad:

I simply won due to having more troops then them. Venice and Mecklenburg got routed.

Meanwhile, I sent all the cannons north into France. All the mercs that sieged France got relieved, and I used the mercs to finish of France and Venice in Austrian territory north of France. They’re just mercs, after all :rolleyes:

France and Venice got obliterated. I made more and more cannons and let them occupy more and more provinces. I let the mercs go in search of the main Mecklenburg stack.

I placed a few stacks in Mecklenburg so they had nowhere to rout to, and then engaged them.

Bohemia also was part of this war, but they got crushed by Sweden without my help.

Horse population boom huh. Don’t you have an event that makes it cheaper to build cannons instead o_O

‘cause I’m building CANNONS here, not cavalry. Think the AI was mocking me there…

Anyways, all the cannons got sent to Mecklenburg and Venice, and I was on the way to wipe the main Mecklenburg army.

War won you’d think.

Last edited:

Well not quite :rolleyes: I was tired of seeing blue provinces in Red England, so I invaded the welsh holdings France had. Along with other stuff they had in Asia, for warscore.

Meanwhile, the coring of Oman and Sind concluded, and I made Peace with Persia. I installed the corridor in them, and gave Iraq their Basra province back.

Ryukyu started chewing on 9x% overextension again, and I got to chew on.. rebels. *sigh*

I started making claims on all the high base tax provinces in India, Persia and whatnot.

Bohemia got reduced to OPM, and the new BBB got spread even more :eek:

But not enough by far. Lets reduce Mecklenburg to OPM aswell, while we are at it. Austria digested Lorraine and Bavaria, and I fed them (a) Hamburg(er). Ha-ha. Ooooh boy :oops:

I think the archbishop in Cologne is starting to worry a little bit….

Finally, Tunis gave up, and went into the annals of history.

Wait, finally?

D’oh… Scotland… I forgot about SCOTLAND!

Crud.

Fooled you ;)

During the last years, I sent tiny fleets to EVERY-SINGLE-ISLAND Scotland had across the globe.

Let’s see: Scotland had the Bahamas near America. 2 provinces near Benin in Africa. One province in cape the good hope. 3 or 4 islands in Oceania. And a couple of provinces in the spice islands. 2 provinces in Australia. And let’s not forget the colonial nations Nova Scotia and Alaska.

I can assure you, invading all of that wasn’t exactly…. Fun :(

It gave me great satisfaction to FULLY ANNEX them!!!! Take that Scotland!!!!

Don’t mind the silly names I gave my colonial nations, by the way.

I let Venice go. But not without humiliating them, and without robbing their bank.
4800 ducat robbery! A new record :eek:

The goal now is to keep my power projection at 50+ constantly, to get the bonus of one monarch point in each category on a monthly basis.

I’m going to need every point I can get for this stunt :confused:

Regarding “needing every point for this stunt”: I did the calculation on how much integrating all my subjects would cost. It was a little too much to my liking.

I let Japan go and they became independent nation again. Its better if I core them myself as overseas territory, then to integrate them using precious diplo points.

You may wonder WHY I even force PU’d Japan then :rolleyes:

Well, at the start of this campaign I set the goal for myself to force PU Japan if I had the chance, just for the lolz of it, and to show, explain and repeat the PU I obtained over japan in my Foix run.

Ryukyu having PU over Japan made a nice screenshot, but it’s a bit silly to integrate them if I can core them at -50% coring cost.

Doing the force PU war on Japan was fun. Now I can repeat it again. Only problem is I’m going to need a ton of claims on them, since they are catholic. But that won’t be a problem.

I did this peace deal on France in the end. I severed their capital from any port, so they can’t colonize anymore ;)

The peace deal made me go above +50 PP, and it will stay that way :p

And because I was in Easter holiday at the time I did this peace deal, I made France look like a blue Easter Bunny.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
This France looks more like fish for me. Fishy France ;).

Hmm, if you look at it from that angle..

Here fishie!