• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

doublezero

Major
3 Badges
Mar 20, 2005
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
What are you supposed to do in the Russo-Turkish War (1878, 1879-ish)?

I'm the OE. An event forced me to fight Serbia. Russia joined in on the Serbian side. France joined on my side. I made a separate peace with Russia while the French and Russians continued fighting. I thought the war was over, but as soon as France and Russia made peace, Russia attacked me again in 'The Russo-Turkish War'. Now what am I supposed to do? Should I try to win? Or would I get anything for losing on purpose? Not that I have much choice; they're much more powerful than me. My alliance with France has unfortunately expired. Is there some kind of treaty which automatically ends the war quickly, like the Crimean War and the Three Hurrahs for Germany?

Is this event in one of the VIP folders or the vanilla folders?

All events for VIP are in a separate folder (including the existing vanilla ones - the old events in the db folder can be deleted for your VIP game). As for why this occured, well the scripts just didn't take into account such alliances forming - if we were to do this then we'd likely need LOTS more events, which would just be a pain and a major drain on the engine.

Anyway, The Serbo-Turkish was is a precursor to the Russo-Turkish war. After peace is concluded from that war (usually Russia will intervene via event, making the Ottomans cease hostilities) the Russo-Turkish war will begin. There is no Ottoman victory chain for that war, so having Russia win would be historical. Moreover, the only treaty to be had is one in which you lose as we haven't got round to scripting an Ottoman victory chain.

So there are supposed to be two wars then. It sounds like you're saying the event chain worked out the way it was supposed to except that I had more time than I was supposed to have to prepare for the 2nd war thanks to France continuing to fight alone in the first war.