• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AVKulapin

Recruit
Nov 12, 2019
Здравствуйте.
А есть на форуме русскоязычные мододелы? Очень хочу выяснить ответы на ряд вопросов по заклинаниям, но на буржуйском языке спросить не умею.

Hi everyone.
As I can see no Russian modmakers are here. So I'm sorry for my English how can I change and create some new spells? For example I want make a spell like Summon a Settler with random race. Or I want change a type of spell from Combat to Strategic (Summon Canon / Trebuchet / Juggernaut). Is somewhere the instruction?
Thanks in advance.

Hi. I don't know if there is any Russian-speaking mod makers around. But I expect them to know that this forum is English speaking. ;) I wish you good chance with your project.

я не говорю очень хорошо, но попытаюсь ответить

- Ты знаешь как сделать новый мод в пекидж-манаджере, да?
- избери ресурс-пек (.rpk в фолдерох AoW3/Content/Title/Packs) с заклинаниями которой-нибудь классации (на пр. skillrogue.rpk для класса Rogue или aow_spelltest.rpk для специализации)
- в ресурс-пеке избери одну категорию (Category), на пр. "Specialization: Earth"

- здесь можешь найти стратегическое заклинание Summon Earth Elemental: его код включает 6 таблиц (на позициях 48-53): Summon Earth Elemental Skill, Has Summon Earth Elemental Skill, Summon Earth Elemental Spell, Summon Earth Elemental Targeter, Summon Earth Elemental Effect и Summon Earth Elemental Icon
- Skill: ето код для исследования, которое надо для изпользования заклинания
- Has ... Skill: ето свойство (Property), которое твой аватар в игре приемает, когда исследвает етот Skill
- Spell: код самого заклинания
- Targeter: определяет позволеные целы заклинания
- Effect: определяет, что делает заклинание

- первые 5 можешь скопировать (нормально ctrl+c и ctrl+v на новой позиции) ниже (иконы не надо), и перепиши их имена (Name), на пр. Summon Settler Skill и пр.
- лучше работается, когда начинаешь от последного, на пр. от Effect-a
- при стратегических вызываниях (Magic - Strategic Position Effect: Summon) надо определит единицу (unit), которая определяется нормально в другим ресурс-пеке; поетому изпользоваются т.н.р. Unit Sets
- избери категорию =Summon Sets
- здесь можешь скопировать один Unit Set и одну Unit Category
- надо переменить их SetName/CategoryName (на пр. SUMMONSETTLER_UNIT_SET и SUMMONSETTLER_UNIT_CAT), и Name (на пр. Summon Settler Unit Category и Summon Settler Unit Set)
- в новой категории избери Sets, и напиши SetName (нет Name!) нового Unit Set-a (SUMMONSETTLER_UNIT_SET)
- в Set-e есть ряд SubSets, который отнашается к коду Твоей единици
- если хочешь да Твое заклинание избирает из всех сеттлеров, напиши до SubSets сие:
DRACO_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
GOBLIN_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
ORC_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
HUMAN_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
HIGHELF_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
DWARF_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
- их код можеш найти в UnitPioneer.rpk, под Settings/Unit Sets

- теперь можем вернуться до Specialization: Earth, где отворишь Effect Твоего заклинания
- под Unit Category Link/=Summon Sets отвори список и поискай релевантную категорию (на пр. Summon Settler Unit Category)
- потом отвори Targeter, и измести под Effects настоящее (Summon Earth Elemental Effect) с новым еффектом (Summon Settler Effect)
- отвори Spell, и здесь измести старый Targeter с новым (Summon Settler Targeter)
- под Required Property Link на етой таблици тоже измести Resource с новым свойством Has Summon Settler Skill (надо уже быть в сописке)
- последное, отвори Skill и измести под Properties старое свойство с Has Summon Settler Skill
- здесь под Player Class тоже избирается основный класс или специялизация лидера, который может използвать ето заклинание (здесь можешь избрать на пр. Expander)
- для тестования сложи низше Knowledge Cost и Tier, под Spell тоже Mana Cost

удачи!

my English isn't much better, but I guess it would be appropriate to translate the thing to the burgeois lingua franca as well, so that the others may try

first, the code can be found here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LESaQssoUXGrnqnIyGH7crIrSuDesIVh/view?usp=sharing

- I guess you know how to declare a new mod in the Package Manager, what is the meaning of resource packs (.rpk), how to choose them in the Manager
- what you want to create is a "strategic summoning spell"; you can make it from the scratch or copy an existing one
- one such spell can be found in aow_spelltest.rpk under the Category "Specialization: Earth"
- the spell "Summon Earth Elemental" is spread over six positions or tables under the category: Summon Earth Elemental Skill, Has Summon Earth Elemental Skill, Summon Earth Elemental Spell, Summon Earth Elemental Targeter, Summon Earth Elemental Effect и Summon Earth Elemental Icon
- let's leave the icon be and copy the five important things:
- Skill: the research skill, which has to be researched to use the spell
- Has ... Skill: a property, ascribed to the player avatar after researching the skill
- Spell: the code for the spell itself
- Targeter: defines allowed targets and effects of the spell
- Effect: defines particular effects caused by the spell

- we can copy these to unused positions in the category with simple ctrl+c/ctrl+v pasting
- new tables should be renamed on you should make sure that the numeric IDs are different from the table you have copied from (especially when copying from another resource pack)
- I'd recommend to edit them in the reversed order, so effects first, then targeters, then spells etc.

- in order to create a strategic spell summoning a random Settler unit, you need to define the summoned Unit Set first
- in the same pack (aow_spelltest.rpk), choose the Category "=Summon Sets"
- like with the spell, create both new Unit Category and Unit Set
- both should have unique Names (Summon Settler Unit Category and Summon Settler Unit Set) and SetNames (SUMMONSETTLER_UNIT_CAT and SUMMONSETTLER_UNIT_SET); these should be different
- now open the new Unit Category and write into the Sets array the SetName (not Name!) of your new Unit Set (i.e. SUMMONSETTLER_UNIT_SET)
- open the new Unit Set and write into the SubSets array the codes for particular units you'd like to see, e.g.:
DRACO_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
GOBLIN_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
ORC_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
HUMAN_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
HIGHELF_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
DWARF_SETTLER_UNIT_SET
- (you should see "Lines: 6" in the field afterwards)
- these can be found under Settings/Unit Sets in the packs containing the code for the units, in this case UnitPioneer.rpk
- as you can see, the SetName works across the resource packs; the Name doesn't do

- now let's return to the "Specialization: Earth" and choose the new Summon Settler Effect
- here find the Unit Category Link field and choose the right Unit Category from the list (listed by Name, e.g. Summon Settler Unit Category)
- then open the Summon Settler Targeter, find Effects and replace the old effect with the new one (Summon Settler Effect; otherwise you'll be summoning Earth Elementals instead of Settlers)
- then open the Summon Settler Spell and do the same with the Targeters and Required Property Link
- then open the Summon Settler Skill and replace the old value under Properties

- finally, lower the Knowledge Cost and Tier (and especially Mana Cost in the Spell table: the Elemental needs 150, and you begin only with 50) for testing
- in the game, the research can be finished instantly by using a console command leeuwenhoek
- as the number of skills in the game is horrendously big, it may take time until you receive the option to research it
- also, unless you change the Screen Name and icon, the skill/spell will appear with the Earth Elemental strings and icons in the game

enjoy and good luck with modding!