• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any news? :cool:

Gul?

Still there?

I have actually still to install it :eek:o been a bit busy recently - however like i said you have really swung me in favour if installing it- it sounds like there shouldnt really be any negative effects from an online check .

Sounds good.

I am quite eager to hear your thoughts on the game. What you liked, what you didn't like etc.

It is incredible the range of the debate that is raging on the internet about Starforce. Does the Starforce on RFB install anything on your computer? Sorry again, its just i keep getting to that Paradox warning in the agreement and i get freaked out a bit. :rolleyes:

kenneththegreat said:
Have it. I have yet to install it, though.

Good, someone else has it :)

Gul Brown said:
Good, someone else has it :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Umm... We have sold slightly more than one copy of the game. :D

[SR]Caveman said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Umm... We have sold slightly more than one copy of the game. :D

:D

I meant here, in this thread - i havent heard anyone else here with the game :)

Gul Brown said:

I meant here, in this thread - i havent heard anyone else here with the game :)

Hey Gul,

How did your get your free copy? Was it a RFB promotion? Could you have used it for another game?

Gul Brown said:
It is incredible the range of the debate that is raging on the internet about Starforce. Does the Starforce on RFB install anything on your computer? Sorry again, its just i keep getting to that Paradox warning in the agreement and i get freaked out a bit. :rolleyes:
Don't know about the full version, but it didn't install anything else when I installed the demo. At least, not that I noticed...
scared9fe.gif

Tambourmajor said:
Don't know about the full version, but it didn't install anything else when I installed the demo. At least, not that I noticed...
scared9fe.gif

The demo doesn't have SF on it as it is meant to be freely distributed. The only exception to this is the exe which is SF protected so that it couldn't be used to crack the full version.

kenneththegreat said:
Have it. I have yet to install it, though.

So.....how has it went? Has your computer exploded or are you having too much fun killing the enemy? :D

Gul Brown said:
So.....how has it went? Has your computer exploded or are you having too much fun killing the enemy? :D

Hey Gul,

Are you looking for somebody specifically who has installed the download version or are you looking for any random person to post here that has installed it?

Hmm... No answer.

Are you still there?

I'm going on holiday next week for two weeks so I won't be around too much. But before I go, I have a few suggestions for you and maybe you will like them (or maybe not).

1) I am going to PM you a list of games that use Starforce. It is not a complete list but it is still likely that you will find a game on there that you have already installed on your computer. When folks realize that they have already installed a Starforce game without problems, it usually removes their fear.

2) Visit the www.rushforberlin.com forums. If you want to know specifically what has happened to people who bought the game, there is no better place to look.

3) For every piece of software that you download onto your computer, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions (also known as an EULA or End User License Agreement). One of those conditions is that you do not hold the software creator liable for any damage that is caused by the program. I believe this is even the case for Microsoft Office. So if you see this, it is not unusual to have it in any contract. Conflicts between different softwares is always a possibility.

Now if none of these work for you, I think you should perhaps consider asking Paradox to allow you to download a different game from them. As you have not installed it yet, the legal copy server "checker" has not registered your copy of the game. Therefore, they may not object to you deleting the install file and downloading a different game. It seems like you are a very loyal community member of theirs so I guess they would help you out on this.

From my perspective, I would like you to enjoy the game but I have to accept that the voodoo that they (anti-sf folks) do worked on you. It just happens to some people. We all hold our PC's as valuable assets and when anyone tells us that our treasured possession could be in danger, we react defensively. It's just Human Nature.

In your case, what could happen is that you would install the game, play the game, remove the game from your hard drive and forever live in terror that the risk you took with RFB would one day lead your computer to explode. The slightest perceived problem that you encountered would start the bells and whistles screaming "Starforce". Any future problems that you may have would be blamed on Starforce.

What this really means to me is that Rush for Berlin would not serve the purpose that is was intended to: to give you an enjoyable experience.

You having fun and enjoying yourself due to what we made is the bottom line for me. But I don't think it is worth it for you if you don't get that experience.

We made the decision to use Starforce to protect what we invested a great deal of care, attention and effort into. By doing so, we also had to accept the fact that some people just won't be interested in buying it. The audience who won't wait for the stolen version to be cracked is a larger market than the anti-sf crowd. No copy protection would cost us more.

[SR]Caveman said:
Hmm... No answer.

Are you still there?

I'm going on holiday next week for two weeks so I won't be around too much. But before I go, I have a few suggestions for you and maybe you will like them (or maybe not).

1) I am going to PM you a list of games that use Starforce. It is not a complete list but it is still likely that you will find a game on there that you have already installed on your computer. When folks realize that they have already installed a Starforce game without problems, it usually removes their fear.

2) Visit the www.rushforberlin.com forums. If you want to know specifically what has happened to people who bought the game, there is no better place to look.

3) For every piece of software that you download onto your computer, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions (also known as an EULA or End User License Agreement). One of those conditions is that you do not hold the software creator liable for any damage that is caused by the program. I believe this is even the case for Microsoft Office. So if you see this, it is not unusual to have it in any contract. Conflicts between different softwares is always a possibility.

Now if none of these work for you, I think you should perhaps consider asking Paradox to allow you to download a different game from them. As you have not installed it yet, the legal copy server "checker" has not registered your copy of the game. Therefore, they may not object to you deleting the install file and downloading a different game. It seems like you are a very loyal community member of theirs so I guess they would help you out on this.

From my perspective, I would like you to enjoy the game but I have to accept that the voodoo that they (anti-sf folks) do worked on you. It just happens to some people. We all hold our PC's as valuable assets and when anyone tells us that our treasured possession could be in danger, we react defensively. It's just Human Nature.

In your case, what could happen is that you would install the game, play the game, remove the game from your hard drive and forever live in terror that the risk you took with RFB would one day lead your computer to explode. The slightest perceived problem that you encountered would start the bells and whistles screaming "Starforce". Any future problems that you may have would be blamed on Starforce.

What this really means to me is that Rush for Berlin would not serve the purpose that is was intended to: to give you an enjoyable experience.

You having fun and enjoying yourself due to what we made is the bottom line for me. But I don't think it is worth it for you if you don't get that experience.

We made the decision to use Starforce to protect what we invested a great deal of care, attention and effort into. By doing so, we also had to accept the fact that some people just won't be interested in buying it. The audience who won't wait for the stolen version to be cracked is a larger market than the anti-sf crowd. No copy protection would cost us more.

Sorry for the lack of answer i have been very busy recently however YOUR answer was what i was looking for -- im going to install the game! I have tried [as i always do] to remain neutral and gather the facts before i come to a decision, im not sitting in terror i have just been trying to sift the dogma from the facts. Also the list you provided in that PM was helpful...and shocking, it says Perimeter has starforce......but i never knew that i i hhave owned the game for over a year and had no problems atall.
I realise dealing with me here may have been a bit frustrating, so thanks with sticking with it! :p
Im off to install it :)