• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lofman

Safe One
33 Badges
Mar 14, 2002
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
A Juan-Juan AAR

Here is my new AAR. It is with Juan-Juan. I'm using the 476Tech start of the 476 Scenario (v.1.09, unless something unexpected happens it will be uploaded very soon after posting this)

Difficulty: Normal/Normal
Starting Tech levels (L/N/I/T) : 2/0/0/0
Monarch: Shou-Lo-Pu Chen since 464

GOAL: To play and write until the Gokturks appear and ruin the party.

Here is how Juan-Juan looks like:
15mik5c.jpg

15mil2r.jpg

Now the actual AAR will start. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Run Run it's the Juan-Juan!

I. Shou-Lo-Pu Chen

I, the great Shou-Lo-Pu Chen, rule the mighty Juan-Juan. It is I that lead them into battle. Now hear of my deeds, and be amazed. It was in the year of 477 that a boundary dispute with Koguryo occured, that forced me to teach them a lesson. My Warriors assembled and in late 478 we went into Koguryo. After fierce fighting the Koguryo army was beaten. We sieged their cities and in the year of 480 they could fight no longer and became my vassals and paid tribute.

The following proved an exceptional year, and it was in that years that the Hephtalites attempted to gather a great alliance including them, us and Khwarazm and Kucha. Though the alliance fell apart the next year as Persia invaded the Hephtalite lands, and noone of us were interested in aiding them.

In 484 the Qara Khodjo made the same mistake as Koguryo and I soon sent my armies against them. The Hephtalites decided to aid the Qara Khodjo, but that would not stop us.

II. Fu-Ming-Tun

I am Fu-Ming-Tun. As Shou-Lo-Pu Chen fell against the Qara Khodjo, I took control of Juan-Juan. I quickly crushed the army of the Qara Khodjo, and as I began besieging their cites, the Hephtalites were defeated and forced to pay a small tribute. Late in the year of 486 Qara Khodjo was made our vassals and they pad a Tribute.

After gathering the full strength of the Juan-Juan I attacked Wei. Although they fought fiercely, I managed to capture the great city of Chang'an, but shortly afterwards the wicked Hephtalites attacked. Because of the Hephtalites I became forced to sign peace with the Wei, handing over the province of Jehol. But as that was made I as quickly as possible gathered my forces to strike against the cowardly Hephtalites.

III. Nakai Birdagechi

I came to power in the year of 492. The pathetic Fu-Ming-Tun, that had failed miserably against Wei and only defeat Qara Khodjo because of the actions taken by Shou-Lu-Po Chen, had been removed and I was the one to turn the tide against the Hephtalites. Although I managed to keep them at bay, it was not until 494, when Persia declared war against them that the tide really turned. As the Hephtalites were forced to fight on two fronts, I drove them away, and after years of fighting I, in the year of 499, forced them to abandon the provinces of Aralsk, Turgai, Karaganda, Karsak and Nura.

15miohg.jpg

A province lost to the AI? Must have been pretty serious. Still, made good your losses I see.

An interesting start and an interesting country to play. Not having seen to many AARs of the scenario, I'll be curious to see what happens here. Good luck.

Strange, I don't remember reading about the Juan-Juan in history class...

EDIT: Whoa, you aren't making it up! :D Is it okay if we pronounce it the Spanish way though?

That's definitely a funny name for a country. And I agree with The Wookiee. What is Juan-Juan? :confused:

Cool and interesting AAR in 476 scenario!!

I found it in wikipedia:

Juan Juan (Chinese: 蠕蠕; pinyin: Ruǎnruǎn, literally meaning the Wriggling Insects, a name given by the Toba ruling elites of northern China), or Ruru (Chinese: 茹茹; Wade-Giles: Ju Ju, literally meaning Fodder) was the name of a confederation of nomadic tribes on the northern borders of China Proper from the late 4th century until the late 6th century. [...]

Strange xD

To all: Thanks for your support. I hope I can manage to keep this AAR enjoying all the way to its end.

IV. T'o-Han

I am T'o-Han. As the Hephtalites in the end of 505 declared war we rode west to once again face them in battle, but on the way Nakai Birdagechi, our leader, died. He was murdered by traitors working for the Hephtalites. The traitors were punished. When we met the Hephtalites in battle we crushed them. But unfortunately they had additional warriors who went into battle, and they put up fierce resistance, preventing us from gaining a quick victory.

V. Tou-Lo-Fu-Pa-Tou

I am the mighty Tou-Lo-Fu-Pa-Tou. T'o-Han ruled for two years, but as he began to lose against the Hephtalites, I saw it best to kill him and take control of the Juan-Juan myself. Unfortunately the Qara Khodjo decided to attempt to use our current war against the Hephtalites to their advantage by breaking their vassalage and declaring war on us. But their armies proved unable to defeat us, so some of my warriors easily laid their capital, Turfan, under siege.

It was in the year after that war had started that the Wei Emperor diplomatically incorporated T'u-yu-hun into his realm, making any possible future war against Wei even more risky. As the war in the west against the Hephtalites was not progressing as well as could be hoped, peace was signed in the year of 510 whereas the Hephtalites other than a small tribute recieved the provinces of Karsak and Aralsk.

Now my full attention could be turned towards the Qara Khodjo, and soon their leader, Ch'iu Chia, was forced to surrender. He was forced to pay a tribute, hand over the province of Chagatai with the city of Kara Shahr as well as becoming my vassal.

I'm not sure who's worse - the enemies outside the kingdom, or those within. ;)

All hail the five-syllabled Tou-Lo-Fu-Pa-Tou!

There's not much room or patience for error at the top is there?