Ruler Designer should allow us to actually choose the coat of arms.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tobias.mb

General
76 Badges
Dec 16, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
I can't be the only one, who's dissatified with just a "randomise" option for the CoA.
Even if a full customisation (like it was possible in ck2) is too complicated for now, at least give us a list from which we can choose. Clicking random until we get something we like is just bad. And since this is something, that will stay with us through the entire campaign, I don't want to choose just anything there.
Let me share a meme related to this:
1606393560997.jpeg

• 8Like
Reactions:
Yeah, that would be the most important feature for me. Now i just endlessly clicke random CoA to get what i want. The idea would be so great since we could even change the title CoA.

They did explain though, as disappointing as it is, that they exclude that because there was no time.

You definitly should make a thread about this in the suggestion forum and link it here to gather support. If there are enough people than the Devs definitly listen to us. Really cool!

From the Dev Diary on the topic:

To ensure we could release the ruler designer in a timely fashion and offer a deep visual cosmetic system for your characters we took the decision to not spend time on a custom coat of arms designer.
I know this will be a disappointment to some of you, it is to us as well, but we wanted to prioritise giving you all a functional and fun Ruler Designer for the core aspects first.
We currently support randomising the coat of arms instead, the randomisation rules obey our normal coat of arms generation rules so it will be filled with emblems and designs fitting of your faith, culture, and title.

Which sounds to me like they are planning to give us something better (maybe even full customization) whenever they find the spare time to implement it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
From the Dev Diary on the topic:

Which sounds to me like they are planning to give us something better (maybe even full customization) whenever they find the spare time to implement it.
They also explicitly stated that they are hoping to release a CoA editor in the future. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, everyone wanted the RD to come with the CoAD, but we'll have survive without it for now.

it's a shame that you can't enter your phone number, but at least you can customise your phone

Reactions: