• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kazahara Khan

Private
3 Badges
Sep 23, 2019
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
I HATE the routefinding in this game!
first: i build BIG prisons with 1000+ Inmates.
But there is a BIG problem with routefinding, respectively the assigning of staff/next needed objects!

Examples:
Guard need to drink/go to toilet/is hungry ...? he goes to the most distant drink machine/toilet/staff room! WHY ???
guard is "+++++++++" hungry and has "++" bladder need? of course he runs first to the toilet on the other side of the prison and is pissed off because he is still hungry.
(Dog)Patrol need to be manned? of course the most distant guard/dog handler become assingned! although there is a staffroom/kennel with fresh Dogs/Doghandlers/Guards NEARBY! WHY ???
Worker wants to throw away a rotten tomato plant? the most distand worker becomes assigned, so first he has to run through the entire prison to the tomato plant. of course there is a compost bin right in the same room! BUT instead of using the compost bin in the SAME ROOM the worker runs through the entire prison to ANOTHER vegetable patsch to throw it in the compost bin THERE! WHY???

THIS ist the MAIN reason, because a lot of prisons doesnt work. because of this the staff becomes angry because a lack of rest and patrols doesnt becomme manned because the staff needs to long to arrive them. nobody can make his work/break because everybody is traveling to the entire prison all the time

PLEASE implemant something like a "findNearestObjectOfNeed(object)"-method and a "findNearestStaffOfNeed(Job)"-method to manage the allocation in the game!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Route finding has always been a major headache in Prison Architect, from the Introversion days. I feel if this could be fixed, it would have been fixed years ago. Maybe in PA-2.

Reactions: