• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for this mod. Great work.
I have only just installed, but did in a different way.
I am always reluctant to change or rename anything in the vanilla folders.
Maybe you want to check whether the following commands in the launcher don't load it fine without having to go into the vanilla folder:
name = "Rome Improved Map Project"
extend = "common"
extend = "events"
extend = "missions"
extend = "gfx"
replace = "history\provinces"
extend = "history"
extend = "interface"
extend = "localisation"
replace = "map\cache"
extend = "map"

It appears to load fine (apart from some grayish shadows in various locations which probably are shadows of mountains and are not displayed ideally - maybe my graphics card or settings).

Oh, incidentally... i am somewhat surprised that there is no papyrus left in egypt.
Thank you for your suggestion, but I have tried it and the RIMP doesn't load like it should, some provinces have the old province.txt files from the vanilla game.

Matt_the_king said:
Actually looking through my save it turns out that the CAR and ARM have characters called noculturegroup_malename.
Under investigation, it seems that two province.txt files had either native or a wrong spelled culturegroup in it, this can be easily resolved and as a suggestion to save your game. If you are able to read and write your savegames maybe you can change the noculturegroup_malename into a name, it might resolve your crash problem. Thank you for reporting this!

The provinces which are faulty are:
103 - Melita (culture should be "carthaginian")
176 - Meskheti (culture should be "armenian")

And while we are at bugfixing I discovered yesterday that an effect added in two new events are wrong as well. If you open the event folder of the RIMP mod and please edit the after_battle.txt so that it works. The martial should be change_martial.
Scroll down until you find RIMP additions and then replace that piece of text for the following:
Code:
########## RIMP additions
# +1 military
character_event = {
	id = 515

is_triggered_only = yes
	trigger = {
		not = { martial = 10 }
		or = {	not = { traits = dumb }
			not = { traits = maniac }
			not = { traits = tactically_inflexible }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME515"
	desc = "EVTDESC515"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA515"
		change_martial = 1
	}
}
# -1 military
character_event = {
	id = 516

is_triggered_only = yes
	trigger = {
		martial = 3
		or = {	not = { traits = intelligent }
			not = { traits = original_thinker }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME516"
	desc = "EVTDESC516"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA516"
		change_martial = -1
	}
}

BTW: What do you all think of the commanders improving their martial skill by winning battles (or loosing martial skill by loosing battles)?

Last edited:
103 - Melita (culture should be "carthaginian")

shouldn´t it better be in the way of the numahr-correction: elymian ?

and btw: in localisation/cultures.csv should the 3 numahr-cultures represented and so its senseful to add this in the RIMP-section:
Code:
elymian;Elymian;;Elymianisch;;;;;;;;;x
sardinian;Sardinian;;Sardisch;;;;;;;;;x
corsican;Corsican;;Korsisch;;;;;;;;;x

some small suggestions esp. on localisation files i working on will follow next days (f.e. a completed german translation).

BTW: What do you all think of the commanders improving their martial skill by winning battles (or loosing martial skill by loosing battles)?

nice idea. :)

well i tried to change the two province files to the proper cultures but now i am unable to load the game. It crashes while creating the world. I would toy around with it some more but i have to leave my house soon.

Ill try again playing with it again tomorrow to see if i can get it to work. Otherwise very fun mod! Good job.

I installed the mod as described, but for some reason it does not show up in the launcher. i only have 'default' choice

NM, I hadn't zipped the .mov file into the mod folder :eek:o

Issues, like the Carthage massive manpower and lack of correct missions have been corrected. Also I have added the Celtic tribes in Gallia, Iberia and Britannia again as VV seems to restrict the AI in attacking them when they have no common border, as it should be.

Thanks!

Van Dieman I seem to have enoucntered a bug. I have noticed that over the course of my current game the province Latium has been decreasing steadly in population. Latium has never been attacked let alone captured, yet by 580 AVC it was down to 4.2 citizens, 3.4 freemen and 5.1 slaves. Beats me what could be happening to the population growth but it certainly doesnt work that way in standard VV. I can provide a save game it you want to take a look at that as well.

How to deinstall the mod? After i switch back to vanilla EU: VV the old extra provinces remain... .
I removed both the mod and the map in the mod folder but still the game remains partially configured as in the mod. (Sparta for example has 2 provinces)

Last edited:
Events Suggestions

Dear Van Diemen

First of all thank you for your hard work and making this mod, it has made playing with Rome much more enjoyable...

I am only writing this post to suggest some events that would make the gameplay perhaps a bit more interesting, historical, and might also increase replayability...

I have tried to draft these event myself, but I have run into troubles, mostly because I do not have much event scripting experience. For an experienced modder they should however be quite easy I assume. So I am suggesting them, with the hope someone might take them up.

1) Colonization by event!
This event would simply allow colonization of a neighbouring province, if the population in any given province has grown quite large...

I imagine a population trigger of about 20... and a limit where the random neighbouring province has a barbarian value no higher than 3.

I think there should be no civilisation value requirment.
This would mean that tribes that had strong growth in their provinces, but have not yet reached 50 civilisation value, could grow a bit.
I would make the probabaility of the event firing quite low, but I think it would be historically probabale that a tribe that has grown very large would take up a thinly settled close by area.
I think MTTH modifiers could probabaly be stability, and maybe even finesse, charisma value of the ruler/governor? strength of the army?...
the effects should be a core gain onto that area and the moving of perhaps 3 population

(Important sidenote: in the localizaion files if you look under colony! there is an eventdescription 4000...that seems to describe exactly this kind of event. Yet there is no event4000 in the events files... Paradox seemes to have made an event like this but then deleted it in the last minute... good thing the localization description is still there so we could even use it)

---
My suggestions for the other 2 events are more questionable, and may have a higher impact on gameply, but again they would - at least I think so - increase the reality factor and replayability

2) Creating new tribes/barbarian states...
my suggestion is that with a very small likelyhood ... perhaps every 100 years once..... but there shoudl be a possibility of a barbarian province spontaniously becoming an organized state...
the tribal states that are in the game now, historically also came to be like that, and why should new tribes not be born...
...after the population in an area has reached a certian level, I think instead of becoming a horde, they might also very much be interested in forming their own organized state...

I would imagne a trigger with a minimum of 15 local "barbarian" population, and basically nothing else....
"civilization value" could be a big modifier.... which I guess in essence would mean that new states would more likely form closer to civilisation centres (for example: iberia, gaul, balkan).... as an effect a new tribe would be created with equal chances of being either of the 4 types

(also, if this would happen in a greek culture province, with high civilisation value...for example: olbia... on the black sea... there should also be a probaility for a monarchy or a republic to form)

I do not know if this is possible to be modded, and if so, I guess a pool of potential states would need ot be created....(or could one not use the existing defines for rebel countries?)

again... I do not think this should be a frequent event, but I htink historically speaking a 100 years would see 1-2 new tribes/states produced

3) Destroying province/state....
(story: in a recent game of mine a huge barbarian horde 40+ overran a german tribe, taking it out and decreasing their civilisation value to 15... - I had the feeling that in the real worl this state would have ceased to exist)

woud it be possible to create an event where a province which had its civilisation value pushed under 18 (20?) lets say, would stop to exist....
for one province states/tribes this should be fatal.... and I also think that the cores of bigger states shoudl be removed from such provinces, needing them to colonised over again...
I think this would historically be correct, and make for a much more dynamic map...

Working together with suggestion 2... I could very well imagine a few tribes in gaul to disappear, and new tribes to form..... and also a scenario where massilla's iberian province is destroyed by a massive barbarian onslaught...but a 100years laer with its greek culture remaining and its local population recovered, it forming a new greek republic/monarchy...
---------

Dear all
please forgive me for my long post...
I hope you found my suggestions interresting...
I very much believe that the 1st one i quite realistic, not too difficult to do, and should most probabaly be in the game...but at least in a good mod like this one...

suggestions 2-3 are, I know, more controvesrial, and a bigger challange too... but if implemented, I think they would add much replayability and quite a lot of historical dynamism into the game...

I am looking forward to hear your thoughts...

have a very good coming weekend :)

I have a problem, which i would like someone to help me with (sorry if this has been mentioned before, but the whole thread is just too big to read).

Whenever i try to change my provincial governors as Carthage, the game crashes. Any tip?

Thanks in advance. ;)

I have a problem, which i would like someone to help me with (sorry if this has been mentioned before, but the whole thread is just too big to read).

Whenever i try to change my provincial governors as Carthage, the game crashes. Any tip?

Thanks in advance. ;)
At which province does this occur?

Any. But only as Carthage - tried reloading the same save as Rome and i can switch governors without problem.

Am i the first one reporting such an error?

If it helps i can send you the save.

Hi, thanks for the good mod. I was just checking txt files for errors (because i keep getting crashes once a while -_-;;) and saw two Nasamonia files in the history/provinces folder.. (230-Nasamonia & 237-Nasamonia to be exact) Is this the way it should be?

Hopefully Rome's next version upgrade would make the game more stable and less prone to crashes... Still love the game though :)

Any. But only as Carthage - tried reloading the same save as Rome and i can switch governors without problem.

Am i the first one reporting such an error?

If it helps i can send you the save.
I have checked whether I had this problem as I have never tested a game with Carthage, however all works fine with me. I have replaced all possible governors and the game keeps running perfectly, so unless you can be a little more precise I cannot help you any further.

i made some changes/additionals/fixes and hope, it will help to improve your great work.

in the attachement you will find:
- change the tag for garamantes revolters to GA4 because GA3 is used by gaul revolters in vv
- adding a family-def for the aristomachids in common/families and add this familiy to the character files, so the ruler of argos can establish a real dynasty
- fix two doubled defs in climate-events (remove id 66 from alpin and 106 from continental)
- cut the to long citynames in provinces rura and mosella, the names break the line ingame
- add cultures to provinces melita and meskheti
- add missing empty lines to country-files in history/countries because a missing empty line at the end of these files occurs often that a definition in the last line will be ignored
-add some missing lines to the localisation files and start with a basic german translation. but the translation is not completed...

Van Diemen, looking through provinces history files it seems there are many tags for playable factions (i.e. in Italy in times of socii wars), but there are no flags for them or entries in appropriate txts or their own txt files ect. So, starting a historical scenario you have i.e. an uncolonized Campania with Rebels' core instead of independent Campania as province history file implies (after Hannibal). Same with i.e. Saguntum, Tyre ect. Are these some "placeholders" for future work? Is 474 the only scenario recommended now?