- Jun 19, 2006
Rome Improved Map Project v1.3.1
This project aims to improve the map of EU: Rome. Currently Italy, Greece, Egypt, North Africa, the Near East, Gallia and Hispannia have been altered in version 1.3
Read some more about the new map for RIMP (not released yet) here:
We have a website together with the Mare Nostrum project which can be visited at http://tkw.dk/index.php in future more detailed information can be found there. I will of course still be available to answer any questions here, but if you want to contribute to the project it is best to do that at tkw.dk
If you want to join this project please send a Private Message with your abilities and talents. If you have any historical knowledge or suggestions that could be of use please don't be afraid to post it here, as we will look at every suggestion with care and interest. However you should apply info (with reference) about culture/religion/ownership/possible building developments and population (or at least estimates).
In the Rome Improved Map Project v1.3.1 no map changes were done compared to RIMP v1.3, however some gameplay and VV 2.1 compatibility issues were solved. I have added the following gameplay changes:
- Revised some missions for Rome and Carthage
- Added some missions for Rome, Carthage, Epirus and the Achaean League
- Revised the additional army for Pyrrhus of Epirus (now a little larger and you get extra funds)
- Generals can now gain or loose martial skill, just like battlefield tactics
- The National Idea Organized Recruitment will now have a +15% national manpower modifier, instead of the almost useless +10% recruitment speed
- Some trade goods have been revised
- Removed the Commagene crash bug
- Changed the cultures for many of the starting provinces of Carthage to reduce manpower.
Using the game launcher
1. Preferably use a clean install of EU: Rome Vae Victis
2. Extract the files and place them inside the mod folder (Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\mod) of your install of Europa Universalis: Rome Vae Victis.
3. Delete or at least remove all the texture files from the “Europa Universalis: Rome\Map\cache\province_textures” folder, however keep the now empty texture folder inside the cache folder after deleting or removing the texture files inside this folder. This can all be done automatically by running the batch.exe file by placing it in the “Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis – Rome” and activate it by double click.
4. Rename the provinces folder(Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\history\provinces) to something else (for example “vanilla_provinces”) to ensure that the provinces provided by the RIMP mod will be used by EU: Rome Vae Victis.
5. Use your game launcher to start up.
6. After the game has made the new paths and textures (could take 5 or more minutes) you are ready to play.
You can read the detailed installation instructions in the Readme as well as a more detailed description of the changes in v1.3.
A more detailed view of the new Greece in v1.2 beta with the Tyranny of Argos
The Republic of Tyre, a free nation later in the game.
The new trade goods that are in RIMP v1.3
The new climate system added in RIMP v1.3
If you are in need of the cache files, for example because you computer isn't capable of making them, then you may want to download the working cache file uploaded by veritas only for the RIMP v1.2 beta version. Cache files RIMP v1.2 beta
Also for RIMP version 1.3 and 1.3.1 (same files for both, as no map changes were done in v1.3.1) the following province texture files have been made available by Van Diemen, you can put these files within your "map\cache\province_textures" folder. Download link: Province Texture files RIMP v1.3
Here is the download link:
Rome Improved Map Project v1.3.1
For compatibility with the latest v2.2 patch, please download and extract the attachment made by mate0815 (RIMP_adaption_22.zip) on top of (overwrite) the Rome Improved Map Project v1.3.1 files.
0 bytes Views: 488