• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in every cast there are people crying out for Vicky 3, we really have to mobilize if we want Rome 2 to be on the front burner instead of the back one.

I agree with this.

Just some signatures and stuff could work as a start.

I agree with this.

Just some signatures and stuff could work as a start.

Not to be the party pooper but what exactly would that accomplish? There are currently 3 or 4 games in development, one of which will be announced this con because it's far enough in development. The outcry for V3 or lack of outcry for an antiquity game will have absolutely zero influence on these 3 or 4 games, nor on which game they will announce.

The only thing it might influence is what game they will start development in next and I would be severely disappointed if an antiquity game is not already in the works. On top of that considering how much PDS likes trolling I highly doubt increasing the Vocality of support for this game on the forum will do anything to change their plans.

Not to be the party pooper but what exactly would that accomplish? There are currently 3 or 4 games in development, one of which will be announced this con because it's far enough in development. The outcry for V3 or lack of outcry for an antiquity game will have absolutely zero influence on these 3 or 4 games, nor on which game they will announce.

The only thing it might influence is what game they will start development in next and I would be severely disappointed if an antiquity game is not already in the works. On top of that considering how much PDS likes trolling I highly doubt increasing the Vocality of support for this game on the forum will do anything to change their plans.

Probably nothing, just like this very thread, but make us feel better, get us some nice signatures out there and perhaps get a funny trolling response from Paradox.

Probably nothing, just like this very thread, but make us feel better, get us some nice signatures out there and perhaps get a funny trolling response from Paradox.

Why aren't you showing off some proud eagle banner avatar?

Why aren't you showing off some proud eagle banner avatar?

Cause I'm not into Romans. I love the Greeks and resent the Romans for crashing that particular party.

EDITED: There, got myself a nice Macedonian banner. :) Or at least I think its the Macedonian banner...

Nothing wrong in being byzantophile, and yes it's about as Greek as it could.

Mine isn't Roman but still an EU Rome avatar for years for a reason :)

I don't get the minorities thing if this is around Rome or an ancient game.

Minorities as in the Roman Senate? Too Roman-centered I guess.
As in minorities within a province, like the Victoria game has?
Minorities as in provinces that belong to smaller states, like EU:Rome or the EU games in general?

I'm hoping it's got to do with something around military and mercenaries. Vast empires used soldiers from every part of their borders so maybe nationality plays a role here? Farfetched thought actually but I'm a bit puzzled at this one.

I'm hoping for Rome 2... but not for, like, it really being Rome 2.

I love ancient history, and I desperately need a good strategy game set on ancient times (last one was Age Of Empires... the first one). But... well, yeah, what have the Romans ever done to us?

I would love to play with Persia, Egypt, Athens, and maybe even prevent the Roman Empire from even happening.

A Rome-centered game won't be so much replayable, because Rome is a so unstoppable machine... so every single playthrough would have to be about or playing as Rome and conquering the whole world, or playing as not-Rome and struggling to survive against it. I want something that starts earlier, with leads to potential new alternative histories, thus being replayable, just like EU is.

I really hope it's Rome, I loved this game so much...

Minorities as in the Roman Senate? Too Roman-centered I guess.
As in minorities within a province, like the Victoria game has?
Minorities as in provinces that belong to smaller states, like EU:Rome or the EU games in general?
Minorities can be referred to any senate/gherusia/whatever in any not tyrannical state.
Or It could point to some social condition: for example spartans were a minority compared to perioecs and helots

Minorities can be referred to any senate/gherusia/whatever in any not tyrannical state.
Or It could point to some social condition: for example spartans were a minority compared to perioecs and helots

I agree, but this also spells too many DLCs because I can't see Paradox adding in more than a couple systems. We know that the Germanic and Celtic tribes had their systems, I guess some others in the Middle East had theirs, various Greek city-states had their unique systems. We are probably just getting the Roman one or a few generic variations of it for the rest. I'm guessing DLCs will follow pending demand for more of these in the future but who cares as long as we get a Rome/Antiquity game? :D

I'm hoping for Rome 2... but not for, like, it really being Rome 2.

I love ancient history, and I desperately need a good strategy game set on ancient times (last one was Age Of Empires... the first one). But... well, yeah, what have the Romans ever done to us?

I would love to play with Persia, Egypt, Athens, and maybe even prevent the Roman Empire from even happening.

A Rome-centered game won't be so much replayable, because Rome is a so unstoppable machine... so every single playthrough would have to be about or playing as Rome and conquering the whole world, or playing as not-Rome and struggling to survive against it. I want something that starts earlier, with leads to potential new alternative histories, thus being replayable, just like EU is.
Well Rome actually became superpower after the Punic wars (First 264-241BCE and second 218-201BCE). This could start at the time of Samnite wars (343-341BCE) or just somewhere after dead of Alexander the Great and before the Unification of Italian peninsula (Alexander could be an DLC) and you would have states like Ptolemai Egypt, Seleuks and other Hellenistic kingdoms. Off course playable Greek Citi-states, Carthage and other Phoenicians, Persians, steppe npeople like Scythians, Armenians, Iberian tribes, Gauls, Celts, Germanic tribes, Britons, Balcan nations like Dacians, Thracians and Illyrians. Man i could go and go and go.

Are the legions of Rome finally prevailing at Paradox? :)

Really starting to look possible :)

Just two days to go.
Maybe tomorrow's hint will give us 90% confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.