• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have been rereading this epic, and currently I am at the death of Basil when I found this:

Yet this powerful military could not be supported without a formidable trade network, and as Ghana before, the powerful Mali Caliphate could call upon European desires for gold, ivory, and other trade goods to fund its coffers. Plentiful gold fields are evidenced by Imperial edicts banning any individual from possessing any gold other than coins minted by the Imperial government. Clair Townsend argues, with considerable evidence, that this was an anti-inflationary measure, to ensure the central government held a tight rein on the plentiful gold supply.(4) Money was so plentiful that supposedly when Mansa Musa stopped in Alexandria and was received by the Roman Emperor Andronikos II, the Malian Emperor made a gift of a solid golden sword and scepter to his Roman counterpart, seriously impressing the normally unflappable Andronikos. (5)

Where was that in the story?!?! I don't remember a trip from Mansa Musa in the reign of Andronikos Bloodrinker

General_BT, I hereby declare you a demon!
You have 666 posts in this thread...;)

If anything you should praise him for the story instead. There is other AARS and then there is Rome AArisen, this is as behemoth of a tale, this is a close as you come to literature when reading an AAR, and it is so well done, i don't regret any of the countless hours i have spent on this AAR :happy:

Last edited:
First post here, and I have to applaud everyone in this thread especially you General_BT! This has been a captivating and very engrossing story, took me a good several weeks of reading to finish it, and I can't wait for the sequel. Also BT as for the german minor states you can't remember, you mentioned Wuttenburg several times and the Swiss confederation showed up in one the last maps before the end. I would give Baden to Wuttenburg and Breisgau to the Swiss that way you don't have to worry about making too many states while also making the Germans not too much of a pushover for any local powers.

He still have one or two areas to cover IIRC. I guess he just got burned out.

I wonder if he might continue it into EU4 instead of EU3 now? Or are there no converters for that sort of thing?

Also I just noticed we never got a chance to see the maps for Eastern Europe, and parts of Central and Northern Europe too.

I just wanted to say that I still come by here now and then just to check up if something happened.
Rome AARisen was this really amazing thing that I miss deeply.
And dear General, even if you have no plans to finish the last maps (to say nothing of Rome AsundAAR) if you read this.
Please just drop a note that you are alive and kicking. I admire you very much and hope everything is good with you.

Lots of love from Sweden

I never have finished this amazing beast, getting to the end of the time of Andronikos before real life took me away and I never did get back into it. I still have it in my bookmarks, this was one of the best books I ever read! Maybe one day I will get around to finishing it! GeneralBT, I don't know if you will ever read this or if you are still alive, but thanks so much for making this for all of us! You made a lot of lives that extra little bit more fun.

Reactions: