• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sans-Souci

Sergeant
3 Badges
Jun 16, 2011
www.demi-brigade.org
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
I have updated Rome Gold with the 2.36c patch, without any other modifications.

Following the epigoni installation instructions, I unzipped the Epigoni Mod ttHK BB 2.01d.rar file into the \Europa Universalis - Rome directory, overwriting everything.

After that, I deleted all the files within the map\cache\ and map\cache\province_textures directories.

The game started, rebuilt the cache files, and now the world map shows me things like this:

map.jpg

The province names are messed up. If I use the premade province_textures files instead of leaving the map\cache\province_textures directory empty, the result is the same.

Is there anything that has elapsed me ?

I did exactly the same!

However, I still have a problem remaining: playing as Rome, the top line of the list of Omens reads 'divine_trade_roman_pantheon' instead of 'Guidance of Mercury'.

Only a minor bother, I know, but it niggles...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

(I took a little look at Epigoni Mod\localisation\omens - but there doesn't seem to be an error in the first line of text).

I haven't tried whether the same bug appears with in my installation as well. I haven't yet played as Rome.

But I had a look at Epigoni Mod\localisation\omens, and it seemed to me to be fine as well. As it seems from your description that only the first line is not accepted by the game, I doubled it (see image), started a new game as Rome, and the text Guidance of Mercury is shown in the list of omens.

mercury.jpg

I don't know whether this is the solution, or whether you may have to install game and mod again.

Last edited:
Ave Sans-Souci!

Thanks for such a quick reply, and for taking the time.

Your solution works for Rome.

At the next meeting of the Senate, I shall propose that they award you a triumph!

Valete! ;)

Last edited:
Ah, a member of the Helvetii... perhaps a gift of wine, figs and olives would be more appropriate then.

And if you're intending to come to Rome with those friends, Caesar has courteously agreed to meet you halfway on your journey. He says he knows a nice little picnic spot at Bibracte. ;)

Bene habeas!

Nice to see someone else still playing this mod by the way. How far have you progressed in terms of game years? Let's hope this patch is fully compatible and doesn't crash later in the game.

I guess playing a tribe is much more challenging. I'm quite new to this game and even playing Rome has plenty of lessons to learn - like avoiding the temptation to expand early, which is very easy initially but cripples the rate of technological advancement. So I'm now trying a more gradual (and historically accurate) approach to conquest.

Fingers crossed!

Smile, actually up to now, I have been playing only as Cheruski (and only 10 years or so). Currently I haven't got much time for playing, just enough for follwing what goes on in this forum. Well, life is long ...

A tribe seems to be good for a start, learning the game - less options and choices than in a more elaborated form of government, however still interesting, as eveything is new. ;-)

I have Rome 2.36b and Epigoni 2.01.
Game crashes on Day 2 when a message pops up "You need Iron" or something - can't really read the popup because game crashes immediately.

Any help?
This mod really looks very very promising :)

I have Rome 2.36b and Epigoni 2.01.
Game crashes on Day 2 when a message pops up "You need Iron" or something - can't really read the popup because game crashes immediately.

Any help?
This mod really looks very very promising :)
Go into the game folder. There should be a debug file, Post what is in the debug file.

Has Epigoni already been updated for 2.36c? At the moment the game is very unstable with the latest patch and version of Epigoni. I have an error log that looks like this:

[persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: scale, near line: 249
" in file: "mod\Epigoni Mod\interface\avatars.gfx" near line: 250
[graphics.cpp:1262]: Failed to load 3d object type = asiangfx
[graphics.cpp:1262]: Failed to load 3d object type = ZuluGCHelmet1
[graphics.cpp:1262]: Failed to load 3d object type = ZuluGCInfantry
[graphics.cpp:1262]: Failed to load 3d object type = ZuluGCSpear
[graphics.cpp:1262]: Failed to load 3d object type = ZuluGCGun1
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_line.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga for spritetype ch_GFX_icon
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga for spritetype GFX_eyes_asia
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga for spritetype GFX_title_praetor_peregrinus
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_dialog_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\slider_line.tga.
[lexer.cpp:549]: Error on dynamic token: tyranny, Check if not already used elsewhere.
[lexer.cpp:549]: Error on dynamic token: regency, Check if not already used elsewhere.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185806 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185811 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185812 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185813 40. Already exists in game.
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: land_event_02
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: money_out
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound country_select not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound country_select not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound close_window not found.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\celticgfx\.\Gnormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\Wanormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\normal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Dnormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objectnormalmon\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Fonormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\Farnormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\cnormalgfx\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\celticgfx\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Wanormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\normal.dds.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound close_window not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound events_general not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound events_general not found.