• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PkK

Captain
37 Badges
Feb 21, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
In my current Germany (Arma 1.3 Beta 2, DAIM) game, custom difficulty (i.e. giving Allies and Cominter a large bonus, while everyone else stay at 100%) neutral Romania refused to cede Bessarabia and instead declared war on SU in mid-1940. Romania has less than 40 divisions, while SU has about 450. Nevertheless Romania has taken a SU province and was able to hold it (it's april 1941 now). SU has not taken any Romanian province.
I did not interfere yet (I neither allied Romania nor attacked SU).

Philipp

I think this is due to an event chain going ahistorical, isn't it?

AI Romania seems to have made an ahistorical choice in the event for ceding Bessarabia.
IMo such a simple a historical choice shouldn't mess things up that much. Surely AI SU should be able to defeat AI Romania, since SU has an army more than ten times the size of the Romanian army. So far SU is loosing territory and doesn't even seem to make couterattacks (except for a little bombing at the Romanian-Hungarian border).

Philipp

Maybe DAIM doesn't work correctly with Arma 1.3 beta 2? After all the last DAIM was made for 1.2 at least as for as I know.

EDIT: okey there is a DAIM for 1.3 but only beta so I guess these things can happen.

AI Romania seems to have made an ahistorical choice in the event for ceding Bessarabia.
IMo such a simple a historical choice shouldn't mess things up that much. Surely AI SU should be able to defeat AI Romania, since SU has an army more than ten times the size of the Romanian army. So far SU is loosing territory and doesn't even seem to make couterattacks (except for a little bombing at the Romanian-Hungarian border).

Philipp

Hey, they didn't succeed with Finland either. And the situation here was far worse in terms of pressure, obsolete equipment and quantity of men (but not quality). ;)

Anyhow, I don't recall Romania ever choosing the 2nd option in ceding Bessarabia, so interesting to know that they might not get steamrolled even if they DoW.

Well, it's pretty easy for Romania to defend that short 2 prov border with rivers and hills. But I still think the USSR should be able to punch through, or at least recapture that one Soviet prov. Have you used nofog and checked the situation yourself? Would be quite interesting to see it... ;)

EDIT: But if it's April, that might explain it a bit. Winter and mud might give the Romanians the edge at defending against the Red hordes.

In my current Germany (Arma 1.3 Beta 2, DAIM) game, custom difficulty (i.e. giving Allies and Cominter a large bonus, while everyone else stay at 100%) neutral Romania refused to cede Bessarabia and instead declared war on SU in mid-1940. Romania has less than 40 divisions, while SU has about 450. Nevertheless Romania has taken a SU province and was able to hold it (it's april 1941 now). SU has not taken any Romanian province.
I did not interfere yet (I neither allied Romania nor attacked SU).

Philipp

Hah,since when I wanted to see this...

Anyway,it is logical.The decision of attacking the USSR was a probable one,because what happened in history was declared to be weird,as the Romanians simply lost territory without fight.

Also,during WW2,when Romania was along the Axis,it used the second biggest army during Barbarossa,and,also,not only that it took its provinces back,but it also took other territories.
It later lost its territories because it changed sides,Romania went with the Allies,then it lost its territories.It wasn't a military decision,rather a political one.

Wiki it,and you'll see.

It later lost its territories because it changed sides,Romania went with the Allies,then it lost its territories.It wasn't a military decision,rather a political one.
Funny point of view! It was a political "decision" because the military option went downhill faster than you can say Stalingrad - not that I'd blame Romania for not winning against the Soviet Union.

Anyway, that's not the issue here. Please keep political or historical discussions elsewhere.