• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(5770)

Captain
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Hello,

I put a final hand to my research concerning romanian population. After estimation based on serious sources, population in 1836 would be:

Moldavia: 1125745 inhab
Romanians = 1003745 (89.16%)
Ukrainians = 16000 (1.42%)
Jews = 68000 (6.04%)
Hungarians = 30000 (2.66%)
Armenians = 8000 (0.71%)

Valachia: 2040783 inhab
Romanians = 2016783 (98.82%)
Jews = 4000 (0.2%)
Bulgarians = 20000 (0.98%)

Drobuja: 152873 inhab
Romanians = 30000 (19.62%)
Bulgarians = 78873 (51.59%)
Ukrainians = 20000 (13.08%)
Turks = 20000 (13.08%)
Tatars = 4000 (2.62%)

If you have some remarks or additions, do not hesitate. I will MOD in these next days.

Please note that I did not speak about gypsies as there is no TAG for them...

I wouldn't put them because of some reasons:

1. They can no longer be associated with indians
2. Their roles as pops would be null...they were still nomads or servants. Or musicians. The fact is that they didn't work in many industrial factories

Halibutt said:
Well, that's not as convincing to me as the mere fact that noone has any idea as to where should we put them. That's quite a frequent problem with the nomads...
Cheers

Other nomads like the Tuaregs, the Central Asian populations and the Mongols are in the game, so I don't really see a problem on including the Gypsies. the only problem would be to choose the cultural group most similar to them. The best IMO would be an Indo-Aryan group, especially one of those from Northern India.

These are the Indian groups in Vicky:

Gujarati
Bengali
Marathi
Panjabi
Sindi
Malayalam
Kannada
Telegu
Kanauji
Avadhi
Oriya
Bihari
Rajput
Rajasthani
Nepali
Tamil
Sinhala
Assamese

I am not an expert regarding india but I know that we certainly would have to rule out the Tamil, the Nepalese and the Bengali. There aret heories saying they are descended of Rajputs expelled by the Muslims during the Islamic conquest of that region of India.

Last edited:
Halibutt said:
But exactly how many Gypsies were there in Europe in 1836 and on which territories? And ten years after? And twenty? That's quite difficult to measure, don't you think?
Cheers

I agree about that.

But obviosuly most of the gypsies were in Eastern Europe and in the Balkans and certainly there were some in London and Paris too.

There is a Asian minor tag I think. You can always use it if you don't know what do with them

Halibutt said:
But exactly how many Gypsies were there in Europe in 1836 and on which territories? And ten years after? And twenty? That's quite difficult to measure, don't you think?
Cheers

I have some pretty good figures for Romanian and Hungarian Gypsies population. So it could be implemented, but we have to decide to reserve a TAG or not for them and if yes which one.

Jugde Ju said:
I have some pretty good figures for Romanian and Hungarian Gypsies population. So it could be implemented, but we have to decide to reserve a TAG or not for them and if yes which one.

Why not use asian_minor like someone already suggested (BTW the Sinti and Roma 's origins lie in the punjab)