• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Redwolf915

Major
7 Badges
Aug 31, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
One fateful night in the capital of the Ming dynasty Jizhou, our lord Jingtai became... very very arrogant. The lords of Paradox decided to uhh "nerf" Ming thus weakening Jingtai, his illegitimate sons Calwang and Zhengwang from his lovely conquest of Magna Mundi's Sengoku era would rule Wu and Qin respectively. His true heir (so says Korea.. polygamy sucks yeah?) Congwei of Xia would rule the south.

Jingtai still has them as vassals since his sons are rebellious teenagers he must take care of them. And he still has the lovely people of Ryukyu on the small Japanese island as some help.

Jingtai's advisers suggest that he should forge alliances with his sons and set out on world conquest, but stay in his capital while his sons work. Many of the people in 1453 China suggest the King is trying to recreate the 3 kingdoms from the 300-500's and don't believe in Paradoxian Gods.

Jingtai announces that there are 11 kingdoms that could one day be united.

Ming, Xia, Qin, Wu, Ryukyu, Korea, Manchu, Oirat Horde, Mongol Khanate, Tibet and what some advisers suggest could become a problem in the 17th to 20th centuries... Japan... the Shinto big brother of Ryukyu.

While the king does realize not all these "countries" ARE kingdoms... he wouldn't have a catchy name to call his book (AAR) that he'll write... I mean the 7 Kingdoms, 3 horde-like things and the heretics of the east... NO... the Romance of the 11 Kingdoms!!!

Last edited:
So yeah good back story. If you guys think this is a good idea then say so! I'll either play as one of the 3 sons (reconquest china, then father's land.. then the rest of the kingdoms and go from there) or (fun for you guys maybe boring for me) father will... kinda command his children vassles and vassalize the world! If they refuse then take land and add it to his sons...

So I'll let you guys decide: A Chinese son kingdom, father... or... well thats your choices because Ryukyu isn't an option...

Comments welcome and I'll update a lot since I got free time. Being my first AAR I'd like to know the image format. I can screenshot n photobucket stuff!

Hehe don't want to bore you to death of course, so I would suggest a son kingdom

good luck

Nice title.

Interesting start indeed, good luck and I'll be following!

I vote for Tibet :D

a new Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms? (or something like that?) AWESOME!

good luck, whatever country you pick this is going to be good.

comagoosie said:
I am interested, can't wait for what happens next :D

You're one of my heros among the forums. You inspired me!!

And Slinky I gotta be a China country.

So someone give me the IMAGE format.. say my link is ... uh...

www.wooot.com/123.jpg

And I Think I'll take Congwei of Xia the "true" heir. Jingtai slept with a niiice Korean commy. (yes references to later century asian things will be made to keep a fun spirit)

Last edited:
Well until someone helps me there... or I may wait a little longer to start the game... we'll get a bit more backstory then I'll announce the decision.

Zhengwang wasn't generally liked by his father. Jingtai felt inferior (3 DIP, 3 ADM, 4 MIL) to his "son". At a grand feast, Zhengwang bettered his father in many events such as sports and archery. He also had many female (and male) suitors because of his skills (8 DIP, 6 ADM, 6 MIL). This jealousy would be one part that led to Jingtai getting an heir from a marriage in Korea, that wouldn't end well (poisoning).

The other reason was his other "son" Calwang wasn't the brightest man, but was very hard-headed. (3 DIP, 3 ADM, 9 MIL). Jingtai feared the boy would end up conquering much land but civil war would erupt and all would be lost (Jingtai didn't "think" this his advisers would).

Congwei of Chinese-Korean descent, wouldn't excel at anything but could manage anything at life (6 DIP, 6 ADM, 6 MIL). Congwei was separated from his friends in Korea by having southern provinces, but that is where he campaigned for support for the future (back when China was united).

Zhengwang would strikes my interest. He sees that he can reunite a country that would soon be stricken by civil war (but Paradoxian Gods severed the country peacefully). Congwei was chosen as the heir, so killing him would be logical, but Korea, his father's country, and possibly his hard-headed half brother would crush the attempt.

Father holds Congwei in high regard, but Calwang has nothing going for him but good military skills. A strike against him or intermarrying so as to diplo-annex... but time is not on our side as average lifespan of the Chinese is 35 years right now...

Economy must be managed (I will be turning inflation off, having a lot of provinces will require extra cash to build things so... yeah. I don't plan to mess with anything else). Colonizing Taiwan would also be a great flexing of muscles to the rest of the land. Conquering father's capital could have bad ramifications...

good background story.

for the image. do. [IMG ]ww.examplepic.com.jpg [/ IMG]. (without the spaces) If you want it in thumbnail view put .th between the .com and .jpg.
Redwolf915 said:
You're one of my heros among the forums. You inspired me!!
I am flattered :)

anyways, Xia looks and and sounds cool. And it isn't just the name I am talking about :D

It was time for Zhengwang (Now known to us as... hmm... Z Man!!) to get advisers. virtually no army existed and they had no money, but 50 ducats.
EU3_1.png

Hmm our map maker has been slacking off... Government is important, and two army advisers of 2 stars... Identifying religion is important. Confucianism is #1 priority, but it was time to be different. Oppressing the people who put games on discs... err mancala... we should try to ally with. Ryukyu would offer an alliance... but uhm... the heretics a little more east would be better. Christians are oppressed for oppressing us... (dont need to take up so much space so... link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Redwolf915/EU3_2.png )

Even though an endless (literally) amount of men were ready to fight, Offensive ideas must take place.

EU3_3.png

One day later .. well... stuff happens.

EU3_4.png

Sorry heretics of the small islands... And the Manchu people want to fight us?! We have no army!! Well next day Z Man sets everything to MINT!!

Next day we get our map of the known world...

EU3_6.png

The Korean half brother wants to ally with the Z MAN!? I happily accept since the ai should defend my home lands... Then I wake up and realize I'm not playing Vicky and this is still 1 on 1... Z Man vs Manchu. Not wanting to let Z Man die in battle his advisers make him sit in the castle lonely and bored, surrounded by beautiful women... Hah...

EU3_8.png

We're getting killed in the North but mercenaries are pushing and our own men are building. Z man would be allied with Wu to stop everyone from asking alliances (dang now I acknowledge the existence of two other Chinese kingdoms...) They want us to do something or other and he refuses as Manchus are ripping the north...

EU3_9.png

Not but a month later, Korea boy comes calling against some indo-china folks. Z Man will handle all negotiations (vassles and a foothold there). And father has warred with Korea now that they claim his throne...

EU3_11.png

Not too shabby Korea half brother... We'll accept Lan Na and Sham as my new friends.

EU3_12.png

Political ramifications of being a Korean heir and your father is destroying Korea... well assassination of Z Man's half brother.

The Manchu..ian...ish... war would take a turn for the best as their whole country is occupied. Peace is settled with new northern borders for Z Man.

EU3_13.png

Things do get sick...

EU3_14.png

FATHER wants to marry Z Man's daughter!? Cacus belli! But Fighting my half brother wouldn't be wise... He owns half of Korea and Ryukyu... Should've white peaced Manchu and destroyed him... or.. maybe assassination would work... but their king's name is... Zhengwang I!? This must be a political attempt at something... stupid...

With 2 War-like men in Z-Man's ear... It would be time to fabricate claims..

EU3_15.png

Let them try...

So Reuniting 1453 China would turn into beating up smaller countries. But the 3 Main kingdoms would soon duke it out with father Jingtai able to be annexed in one shot...

That's all for this hour... I didn't realize how much work goes into an AAR, but i'll stick it out... maybe until 1821?!

Good initial progress.

the Later Qin's unification efforts seem to be paying off, so far at least.

I'm 99.99% sure there's no China or Ming unification event, if someone were to make one for me.... :)

Redwolf915 said:
I'm 99.99% sure there's no China or Ming unification event, if someone were to make one for me.... :)
who needs the Ming, you have a fully functional Dynasty as it is. I think it would make more sense to leave things the way they are regarding nations.