• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did it in 1536 on VH as Venice. There's also a chinese dude who did it either 1500-ish or 1490s as Ottomans, I forgot. I think a horde can do it around 1480s.
1550 is still very nice, although from what I see in the video, you didn't complete it even by 1554. Idk how long the French integration would take to finish, but it defnitely doesn't seem to be by 1550.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I did it in 1536 on VH as Venice. There's also a chinese dude who did it either 1500-ish or 1490s as Ottomans, I forgot. I think a horde can do it around 1480s.
1550 is still very nice, although from what I see in the video, you didn't complete it even by 1554. Idk how long the French integration would take to finish, but it defnitely doesn't seem to be by 1550.

Is there a video for that 1500 run? I'm not saying it's impossible but I've never seen anyone get it that low.

Reactions:
Is there a video for that 1500 run? I'm not saying it's impossible but I've never seen anyone get it that low.
You mean the ottoman 1490s/1500s run? Not sure. I think I only saw a screenshot.
Found it, looks like it was 1490 exactly:
1630416838257.png

The only info I found was that he moved cap to basrah so no european coalition.

Meanwhile I'm here not having formed Rome in 1742 :(
Don't sweat it. Most of these people either:
Play metaculously, juggling truces, paying attention to many details that go too far for any normal casual run,
Or abuse game mechanics. The saluzzo run basically 'crashed' every time a Pope was elected that wasn't the player.

Reactions:
Wouldn't Spain be the best for this with their insane PU missions? Although I guess you have to wait a long time to integrate the PUs, but you'd have the territory very early.

Play metaculously, juggling truces, paying attention to many details that go too far for any normal casual run,

I've already formed Rome twice. Once way back in the day (before Absolutism was even a thing) as the Ottomans, and one in Golden Century as Aragon.

It's just that in my current game I have problems with taking stuff from the Iberians (they have massive colonial holdings which depresses my WS from occupying Iberia) while the Ottomans are busy colonizing Siberia. And going through that hassle to actually nerf my country (Italy with German culture > Rome) is just not worth it.

Wouldn't Spain be the best for this with their insane PU missions?

Spain is strong, but I really like Aragon whose mission tree gives in claims on essentially the entire mediterranean basin.

Or abuse game mechanics. The saluzzo run basically 'crashed' every time a Pope was elected that wasn't the player.
I can't believe somebody would do something like that. :mad:
It makes me so upset that I'm going to try calming down with Byzantium_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup.eu4.

On a serious note, it's very impressive that people can conquer so fast, though I imagine their nations are also on the bleeding edge of imploding all the time between the AE, the OE, and probably about a billion loans.

My bad, it was failed attempt. Updated

• 1Like
Reactions:
The only time I managed it was in the mid-1670s but starting as Aragon but going for the "full Trajan." You get a better mission tree for this as Aragon, than as Castile, and you can get a quicker foothold in the East, which is important if you want to get it done earlier.

You grab Byzantium and feed them as a March, you keep Naples for yourself so no AE from that.
Release the other minors in Anatolia as you go until you get to Syria and Iraq as vassals. Or, follow Byzantium's claims if you think you can keep them in check.
Steal a province that you can release Gascony from and feed them all of France in the same way.
No CB an Irish minor if you have to, in order to have a quicker invasion of England.
Finish off Aragon's missions, then form Spain and do theirs.

Vienna is the last stop.