• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

r2b2grady

Private
19 Badges
Oct 3, 2019
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
Hey all! I'm new to AARs and somewhat new to Stellaris, so I thought I'd try my hand at chronicling an empire's rise (and probable fall). To add a bit of randomness, I'm going to be taking suggestions for empires to add as guaranteed spawns. The non-default game settings will be:

Galaxy Type: Spiral (2 arms)
Galaxy Size: Medium (600 stars)
AI Empires: 6-12 (or whatever the random setup is with a max of 12)
Advanced AI Starts: 1-2
Fallen Empires: 1-2
Marauder Empires: 0-1

The SPQR empire settings are:
Senatus Populusque Roma
Authority: Dictatorial
Civics: Cutthroat Politics, Efficient Bureaucracy
Ethics: Fanatic Militarist, Authoritarian
Species Traits: Traditional, Adaptive, Wasteful

I am running v2.5 with the following DLC packs:
  • Galaxy Edition Upgrade
  • Leviathans
  • Utopia
  • Synthetic Dawn
  • Apocalypse
  • Distant Stars
  • Megacorp
  • Ancient Relics
  • Horizon Signal
  • Plantoids Species Pack
  • Anniversary Portraits
  • Humanoids Species Pack
The Steam mods I have installed and enabled are:
  • Insults and Injuries
  • Custom Flag Pack
  • Original Emblems: Silver & Onyx
  • Cyberxkhan's Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris
  • Extended Vanilla Palette
  • LLX's Mods - A Lot of Dimorphism
  • Just Name Lists
  • Collection of Flags

Please suggest custom AI Empires for me to lock in! I will pick the top 5 from the list, with a few criteria/caveats:
  1. No more than 2 Genocidal empires.
  2. No more than 1 each of Driven Assimilators or Barbaric Despoilers.
  3. Racist or otherwise tasteless options will be disregarded (as of this edit, there are none, but I realized I should be pre-emptive in this)
  4. I reserve the right to rename empires to better fit the theme of the run (I will let the empire's original poster know if that's the case).
Let me know what you'd like to see! I'll keep suggestions open for at least 2 weeks (this will increase if I need to get more responses and/or variety).

Also, you don't need to have a complete empire concept. If you want to just throw out a partial concept, I'm fine with fleshing stuff out.

And because I'm apparently incapable of leaving worldbuilding alone, I'll be using a few in-character terms. I will update this list as needed.
  • Legatus Classis: Admiral (lit. "officer/legate [of a] fleet/navy"). Plural Legati Classis.
  • Legatus Legionis: General (lit. "officer/legate [of a] legion"). Plural Legati Legionis.
  • Legatus Scientiae: Scientist (lit. "officer/legate [of] science"). Plural Legati Scientiae.
  • Proconsul: Governor (original Roman term). Plural Proconsules.
Apologies in advance to any Latin scholars for my inevitable butchery of Latin. Please don't hesitate to point out errors in direct messages.

Last edited:
Welcome to AAR writing

Felid Imperium (Fanatic Militarist/Xenophile with Imperial Authority, Syncretic Evolution and Distinguished Admiralty civics. Obviously uses the cat portrait; the syncretic species is human(oid) and simply named Food-Givers). They live on the savannah world of Ailur.

Last edited:
I've got an empire for you!
y4mpXit8ldOQsmXdYSPTVIeXxhAVuCEaPDe-QJmRA189bf8H2cJ0t6_d-aPK5gnYd0kuFroba5KcagglVnP8wTOE_jmkwO0byYAkHNJLDYfmoHRRUWkU2W96Ohefae4mI1hH0MpDL9H6RwZq8mb0ksOTckT2AO52kCWY_arEco7loMwFcpt2JKJk_aT5cy46q3CxVXS6rjeSm_h8KSa7XlhKw

The Republic of Kelta

Fanatic Pacifist, Spiritualist. Life-Seeded and Environmentalist. Democratic Authority. The Kelt themselves are Intelligent, Charismatic, Sedentary and Nonadoptive.

Full Bio as follows:

The Kelt is the only civilization left in the galaxy that has existed continuously since the First Hyperspace War over 4000 years ago. The Kelt people have animist beliefs and worship their own Homeworld as a divine place and any life born there to be sacred. The discovery of Hyperspace technology and the Galaxy at large prompted a mass reevaluation of the Kelt Religion. After a great upheaval, the people of Kelt agreed that the entire Universe is a sacred place, not just Kelta itself. Now, Kelt starships cross the heavens attempting to spread the message far and wide that "we are already living in Heaven."

The first suggestion is the serious one, the last two are mostly for fun and inspiration... the last one can also be a Gospel of the Masses Megacorp.

jmp.jpg

Yapathi.jpg

The Yapathi - a potential Space Carthage for your Space Rome. They are mostly merchants and explorers but they are absolutely able and willing to fight!

Niakaw.jpg

The Niakaw are a species of arachnid analogues native the the great savannahs of Oblanix Kincoci. They advanced relatively fast as a civilization, having gone from the advent of agriculture to the exploration of space in a period of only 4000 years.

The Niakaw are an independent people. They value basic rights and freedoms very highly, and have a long history of democratic tradition to compliment this. Democracy, in some form, had been the primary form of government since their equivalent of an Iron Age.

The discovery of the hyperlane network now stands to become the greatest change in Niakaw society since the philosophers of old first came up with the idea of democracy, and they would be fools to not let this come to pass. The Niakaw now seek to explore the stars in the hopes that, one day, the galaxy would all be united under the common principles of peace, equality, liberty, justice, and common cause.

Thanks everyone for the responses! I've got enough now that I think I can create the game. I'll probably start the AAR some time around Saturday–Monday, once Thanksgiving is over.

The empires I'll be using are:
  • Republic of Kelta
  • Felid Imperium
  • Yapathi Bonded Merchants
  • Mrooian Pact
  • Allied Niakaw Republic

Thanks everyone for the responses! I've got enough now that I think I can create the game. I'll probably start the AAR some time around Saturday–Monday, once Thanksgiving is over.

Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Good to know. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

The empires I'll be using are:
  • Republic of Kelta
  • Felid Imperium
  • Yapathi Bonded Merchants
  • Mrooian Pact
  • Allied Niakaw Republic

Can't wait!

HCr2GgE.png

In the first year of the reign of Princeps Quarta Lusius, she began aggressive exploration beyond our own system of Sol, as she had promised the Senate during the election process. The first extrasolar exploration to the Alpha Centauri and Proxima Centauri trinary system revealed a moderately sized world, nearly identical to Roma Magna, with high potential for colonization efforts.

As she settled into her reign, Princeps Lusius chose to first sponsor efforts in discovery and the sciences, focusing her policies on methods to expedite and improve stellar exploration methods. Shortly thereafter, the Alpha Centauri starbase began its construction.

tRKJ0rN.png

The systems of Barnard’s Star and Hamasssith were also scouted, revealing minimal resources, then the first contact with extraterrestrial sapients was made on the tenth of October, A.D. 2202, around the pulsar Bal Durk. A strange installation populated by life forms was found orbiting the pulsar, immediately sparking a re-analysis of religious and scientific theories.

Despite the seemingly peaceful behavior of these extraterrestrials, Princeps Lusius ordered expansion of the system defense fleet, Classis I, in preparation for the worst case.

In mid-December of 2202, the Alpha Centauri starbase completed its construction, extending the borders of Roma beyond Sol for the first time in history. Recruitment for colonization of Alpha Centauri Primus began almost immediately thereafter, soon followed by a change in policies to increase nutritional provisions for all members of the empire.

g5xlhwS.png

On the tenth of September, A.D. 2203, translation of the language of the extraterrestrials found in Bal Durk was completed. They introduced themselves as the Curator Order, an ancient order of scholars and librarians who purpose to store the knowledge of empires gone by so as to safeguard future empires from downfall.

Last edited: