• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

deadmeat1471

Lt. General
105 Badges
Mar 29, 2006
  • Sengoku
  • Impire
  • Iron Cross
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Starting from the invasion of Pyrrhus, I will try to get to grips with this game... again!
Beta patch 1.36b(I believe!)

Disclaimer: I am very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad at this game.

KSwRYBI.jpg

I will be Rome of course!

*ps if you post here, I will name a Legion after you. The Deadmeat Legion, sounds like a beast.

Last edited:
Ideas

SVmZ9P9.jpg

Professional Soldiers
Better heavy infantry(Legions!)
Horse Lords(Kaaaanigggittts!)
Better cavalry
Civic Duty
Resists occupation better

The Commander of the Deadmeat Legion for the Pyrrhic War is chosen! Gaius Fabricius Lucinus A very nice commander of the Religious faction.
4i2b1wo.jpg

The Senate is equal 20% a faction, all I know is, I don't ever want the Populist faction to get popularity.
WeKkMfY.jpg

Last edited:
This should be interesting to watch! I'd been following Loki's Punic Curse, and getting an idea of how the expanded Rome plays (I haven't played since early, and I do intend to go back and finish that Roman Civil War game in The Die is Cast... Just haven't had time yet).

Good to see some activity over here again!

Rensslaer

If you have to learn anything from loki AAR is that the populist faction rise in your situation is pretty much unavoidable and that you should, instead of trying to simply avoid it, to time the inevitable civil war/dictatorship for when you have the conditions to cope with it .

Will surely follow ;)

A new Rome AAR! Looking forward to it. Good luck, I think Ricardo Rolo is right: you can't avoid the Populists, you can merely prepare for it. Now, go forth, civilize, expand, and kill lots of Populists while you're at it! :)

474 – (Early to Mid) AVC

January
A mission! To Annex Magna Graecia! (Luscinus is already on the case!)
UiFqjBn.jpg

23rd -A tiny colonial Magna Graecian army is put to flight my Luscinus commanding the Deadmeat Legion.
A new legion will begin to be raised on the 1st of Feb! To be named Rensslaer Legion!

February
The senate demands a commander for the navy!(We obeyed of course....)
Hs6F1sC.jpg

April
Carthage declares war on Epirus.... Pyrrhus is in bad shape it seems. He also has made no attempt to land troops on the mainland.

May
Magna Graecia are annexed by us.

Carthago delende est?
RY8jgzT.jpg

As the mainland is secure and Pyrrhus seems to be too much of a wimp to come across.... we will build up a navy over the next few years! Rensslaer Legion is put on hold at a glorious size of 1000 men.

Teeny weeny update!

good to see Rome still getting love and AARs. I'd agree with the comments above, my fundamental mistake was believing I could avoid a showdown with the Populists. Now there is never a good time for a monumental civil war but at some stage you need it to clear them out.

The idea of Pyrrhus as a whimp is novel ...:unsure:

Rensslaer Legion! Do us proud, men! :D

Rensslaer

Nice job incorporating Magna Graecia into your Empire state. I see the Senate's rather ambitious in its expansion program. Destroying Carthago? While you only just got the boot of Italy? Perhaps destroying Cartago and salting the earth of its former site is a wee bit over-reaching at this time. Oh well, good luck with it!

Last edited:
Seriously, destroy ( not only conquer ) Carthage ? Ouch, the liquor that is being served to the Senate members is indeed strong stuff :D

And don't call Pyrrus a wimp ... he is actually helping you to cull some Punic troops. Think on him as a de facto ally ;)

Last edited: