• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aotrs Commander

Lt. General
90 Badges
Apr 15, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines
So, I picked up Surviving Mars again after a good couple of years (and I played less than ten hours last time...)

I'm trying to remember everything and one issue is confusing me.

I have apparently a cargo rocket and a passenger rocket, but thyey both appear to have the same name. If I change the name of one, it changes the name of the other too.

Is this a new bug brought in by the apparent bug in the tourism update that broke rocket naming or something else entirely?

(I suppose it's possible that it migth be playing up because it's an old save.)

Edit: Okay, partly I Am Dumb, because I haven't played for two years and not for long, the resupply screen is not, as I thought, a list of rockets I OWN (where do I find that out...?) but whether it's a cargo or passenger coming TO Mard iis determined on that screen, hense why changing the name changes both, because it's the same rocket.

(I finally figured this out when I accidently sort of had three rockets in flight and on back on Earth had a different name...) Now, clearly what I need to do is rename some of others so I CAN tell the difference...)

Last edited:
The rockets you have can function as either cargo or passenger. There are not specific rockets for each. On the page where you select whether you want cargo or passenger it shows how many rockets you have available on Earth out of how many you have total.

The rockets you have can function as either cargo or passenger. There are not specific rockets for each. On the page where you select whether you want cargo or passenger it shows how many rockets you have available on Earth out of how many you have total.

I figured that out eventually, I was just confused to start with as on checking up, I wondered why the heck I had five rockets (I even only have three landing pads). Seems renaming them while they're on Mars seems to stick best, as well, since I'm not sure it doesn't pick a random one on the resupply screen. Mostly perils of coming in cold to an existing save after two years and only having basically playing it for maybe a day or so then.