• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
He mentioned a new engine, but I'm assuming by new engine, he just meant new graphical features. The game still uses Clausewitz, right?

Yes the map engine has been rewritten from the ground up for CK2. Making it look better, performs better and will allow us to add functionality to map easier.

Ah, good news, I wasn't sure about that comment in the article. Not that graphics are my primary concern when it comes to Paradox games but I think it's fair to say most of us in the community are cartophiles, so who's to argue with prettier maps. Question: Even though it's early in the games development, the map looks very refined. Will the map be changed much (provinces added, etc) in the coming months?

We have a dev diary planned with the programmer resonsible for the map writing it. he is better qualified than me to answer these kinds of questions.

That's SolSara is it not? I'll be looking forward to that. Thanks King.

Hmm, is it conceivable the map engine can utilize multi-core where the Clausewitz can't, or struggles to, or am I writing out my arse?

I did not program the map, I only made it :p The map consists of many provinces in different colours, so it's more I painted it, created the province files and tried to make it look good. Tegus then programmed the map to make it look even better and made so it can be zoomed in or out. There's more to it than just the zoom in/out function but I'll let him explain it in the dev diary instead.