• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
screensave0zq2.jpg

Bulgaria turncoats to the Communists. That just leaves Italy in the Axis. However, having no transports, I have to cross the high mountainous terrain of Montenegro.

screensave1mk4.jpg

A sign of things to come?

screensave2sm4.jpg

Can't see you. Can't hear you. Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.

screensave3ei8.jpg

So you are Italians eh? Well you'll go BOOM-BOOM-BOOM like the rest of them.

screensave4pl5.jpg

Oh hello. Another damn race against the Commies. *sigh* fine.

screensave5oh5.jpg

Not looking good.

screensave6ur5.jpg

Blast. OK Athens has gone. Only Skopje to go and then the war is over!!!!

screensave7ry0.jpg

VICTORY!!!​

The war is over!!!

YAAAAAAYYYY

"Um, excuse me?"

Peace in our time!! Yes there you go Italy a corrupt government of your own!

"Um, hello? A wee minute please?"

And look! A corrupt government of your own as well Republican Spain! Now you can go to war with the Nationalist Spanish who for some bizarre reason was granted autonomy in the German surrender and now rule the Canaries and the Canar...

"Um hello?"

....WHAT?

"The Japanese?"

They're already independent, I can't release them.

"Yes, but you are still..you know...at war with them"

Pfft! A mere technicality. Irrelevent.

"..."

"righty-o"

THE END​

Ayeshteni

Last edited:
Hey, you didn't screw it up?! :eek: :mad: I'm disappointed... ;) :D Though nice victories at sea still... :p :D

Congrats on the big win. Considering it took you all of April to move from Paris to Antwerp while the Soviets went from Berlin to Bastogne, I'm not terribly surprised that they beat you to Athens as well.

Well, we all know the real reason Aye is bailing on the game, and it's definitely not the Japanese. He's just afraid that Soviet ownership of Oslo, Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Athens will trigger the Cold War Gets Hot event. :D

GenneralHannibal said:
Its over? :(

Seems like a good place to end it. It was supposed to be a miniAAR after all. :D Wasn't expecting the success, and as the standings place the Axis at 0 and the Allies ahead of the Comintern, thats a win as far as I am concerned. :p

Murmurandus said:
Hey, you didn't screw it up?! :eek: :mad: I'm disappointed... ;) :D Though nice victories at sea still... :p :D

Need to improve my naval skills certainly.

dublish said:
Congrats on the big win. Considering it took you all of April to move from Paris to Antwerp while the Soviets went from Berlin to Bastogne, I'm not terribly surprised that they beat you to Athens as well.

Well, we all know the real reason Aye is bailing on the game, and it's definitely not the Japanese. He's just afraid that Soviet ownership of Oslo, Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Athens will trigger the Cold War Gets Hot event. :D

No, no, no, no, no. Oslo and Copenhagen are in Allied (edit: wait, neutral I think) hands. Not worried over Cold War Gets Hot events at all.

OK, I wasn't until you mentioned it.

I have absolutely no idea what to do about the Japanese, absolutely none.

Ayeshteni

Thank you all, thank you, thank you.

@walrus: No not yet. The last screenie is where I am at. I will likely play on a bit (I will not be updating the AAR though) though.

Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:
I have absolutely no idea what to do about the Japanese, absolutely none.

Ayeshteni
Don't be silly- you can still through the United States of Metric F:eek:cktons and High IC at them...

Well, looks like I've arrived after the party is over :( What a brill AAR, so many ups and downs! Cant believe you turned that around and beat Germany on historical timelines, wow! :)

Slightly sad there wont be more, but hey-ho...after all only half the world is subject to evil soviet and japanese dictatorships, not too bad a result.. ;)

dublish said:
Don't be silly- you can still through the United States of Metric F:eek:cktons and High IC at them...

I suppose there is that yes.

Enewald said:
Well done. You should have lost. But you lost to the soviets because they made Europe ugly. One state would have been better.

I like lots of colours. :D

Babington-Smythe said:
Well, looks like I've arrived after the party is over What a brill AAR, so many ups and downs! Cant believe you turned that around and beat Germany on historical timelines, wow!

Slightly sad there wont be more, but hey-ho...after all only half the world is subject to evil soviet and japanese dictatorships, not too bad a result..

Yes, the party is over. Glad you enjoyed it though. Well I was able to defend and attack specific areas:

I defended Egypt. Couldn't attack as I didn't have the troops.
I lost Britain. So I didn't have to defend that.
I lost the Holyland. So I didn't have to defend that.
I defended India. Had less bullets than the Japanese had mad bayonet-weilding loonies.
I lost India. So I didn't have to defend that.
America liberated Blighty.
Defended the beaches a little.
So What did I have?
Africa.
Pile all the troops I had into Egypt, gladly accept Exp. forces from 'Free' France and Belgian Congo.
Storm through Libya (AN OFFENSIVE BY GADS!).
Hop over to Spain (the Germans weren't really defending that)
Storm through Spain (AN OFFENSIVE BY GADS!).
Get to French border.
Decide to keep going.
Get to Italian border (the Italians weren't really defending that)
Decided to keep going.
I annexed Italy.
USSR annexes Germany.

The end. :)

Its handy not having to defend places, by strategically losing them and allowing your troops to be deployed elsewhere. :nods: I think Blue Emu should test a game using my strategy. :nods again:

Ayeshteni