• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Japs in Persia?

Gosh!

Ayeshteni said:
As for the RAF, fear not I have a Naval bomber squadron and an Interceptor squadron left. What more do you need? :eek:o
The USAAC?

Every time you update, I get the sneaking suspicion that you aren't really this bad, and you're just playing us for laughs.

This is bloody hilarious! :rofl: :rofl:
I have never seen this kind of AI pressure in anyone of my games, it’s quite extraordinary actually. Anyway, Britain soldiers on!!
Looking forward to see how you deal with both the Jerries and The Menace of the Rising Sun : D

Good... you updated... Glad to notice you didn't lose your touch (and continue to make blatant mistakes...) :p :D

@Murmurandus and dublish.
Thanks for the compliments. :D I didn't notice that the Italian division was heading to Tripoli (the green arrow is a little obscured), as for the RAF, it was only three squadrons of interceptors that got humped. I only noticed it later. What has happened to my other air units (I should have had at least one stack of 3xTACs somewhere), I have no idea.

@Arkanov
Glad you enjoy it. I am going to avoid the Japanese.

@Kurt_Steiner
As long as that is as far west they get, I'll be happy.

@GoforitPanzer
Nope. I am going to ignore them as desperately as I can.

Ayeshteni

The next update is a mixed bag with an absolute shocker!!!! :eek:

Aye.

screensave0rs0.jpg

US aircraft provide us with some good reconnaisance of the Iberian peninsula. Good-O.

screensave1zg0.jpg

Ecuador decides it wants to play with the big boys.

screensave2si2.jpg

The Royal Navy keeps its naval dominance. Take that Bee-yatch!!!!!

screensave3ev2.jpg

One of two screenies of the Glorious roll of honour of HMS Glorious.

screensave4qx4.jpg

And the second. Yuu liyke? I Liiiyke.

screensave5ua6.jpg

So, the troops are nearly there. Operation Barny is about to be unleashed on the world. Oh yeah this will go down in history.

screensave6qn0.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

screensave7hl2.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Hey, its some great successes here, let me have my moment

screensave8tu9.jpg

Come on, come on COME ON!!! You are taking too long, I want to be at the Pyrenees by bedtime!!!

screensave9hk4.jpg

It can't last of course, if you don't get your finger out, you'll run into the whole German Panzer C........unt.

screensave10wv6.jpg

Time for some reinforcements methinks (from London to be exact).

screensave11qv0.jpg

As a sidenote the Germans decide on a new doctrine.

screensave12dr8.jpg

While transporting some expeditionary forces up from Africa, the Kriegsmarine pounce. This single event will have repercussions. Churchill orders two of the large fleets (Home Fleet and I. Fleet) into the Med to assist the fleet already operating there. The task to crush the German and Italian fleets operating out of Marsaille. Around 80 ships of the Royal Navy will operate in the Mediterranean. One transport would be sunk, not bad considering.

Oh yes.

I need a wee bit of a breath here. I feel a little bit giddy.

*phew*

OK, here we go....

screensave13oo3.jpg

Huh? But. But. But.

ALL FLEETS ATTACK!!!!

screensave14fr5.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

But. But. But. One destroyer escapes. There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today.

Goodbye Royal Navy.

screensave15fp1.jpg

In other news I decide to help out the Poles. Erm somehow. What I will do with those two 1918 infantry units is beyond me, but there we go.

screensave16rd4.jpg

Anyway nearly there and the German line is strengthening. I wish I had Mechanized troops as well.

screensave17uh6.jpg

If British Army HQs made lager, it would probably be the best lager in the world.

screensave18vw2.jpg

So close, can you say "Liberate Republic of Spain"?

Aye.

trekaddict said:
They will get the Rock if you do.

Bugger

Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:

Bugger

Ayeshteni

Write an event that cedes the rock back to you. The province ID is 348.

trekaddict said:
Write an event that cedes the rock back to you. The province ID is 348.

In fact:

Code:
event = {
	id = 99999
	random = no
	country = SPR

name = "The Rock"
	desc = "The Brits want it pack"
	style = 0
	picture = "Bitter_Peace"

date =  {

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
                command = { type = secedeprovince which = ENG value = 348 }
		}

}

We anglophiles have to stick together.

Nah, that'll be cheating (though I agree with the principle - there would be no way the Brits would give it up when they are in the driving seat). Will just have to ponder whether I will let the Spanish loose.

Ayeshteni

Congratulations on a successful offensive, sir! Time to reduce your line in Spain to a skeletal holding force and launch an amphibious invasion of Gascony/Aquitaine and (maybe) the French Mediterranean coast.

Shame about your navy though... At least the Kriegsmarine is stuck in the Med where it can't do jack to stop you from hitting the Atlantic Wall.

Mmm, that went well... expect for the Royal Navy that is... :p :D

Also, I fear a German counteroffensive coming up... be prepared to withdraw... if you have any ships left of course... :p :D

No, mates, you've got it wrong. The RN hasn't been defeated. They are trying a new submarine warfare right now.

Come on, it's so obvious!

dublish said:
Congratulations on a successful offensive, sir! Time to reduce your line in Spain to a skeletal holding force and launch an amphibious invasion of Gascony/Aquitaine and (maybe) the French Mediterranean coast.

Shame about your navy though... At least the Kriegsmarine is stuck in the Med where it can't do jack to stop you from hitting the Atlantic Wall.

Thank you. True about the KM. With me holding both Gib and Suez they are trapped. They probably still have 30 odd subs operating out of Kiel and Wilhelmshaven, but thats of no concern.

Murmurandus said:
Mmm, that went well... expect for the Royal Navy that is...

Also, I fear a German counteroffensive coming up... be prepared to withdraw... if you have any ships left of course...

I have two fleets left (and assorted scattered obsolete ships on station). The one in the Med (around 27 ships) which is a mixed bag of light carriers a single BB, some modern CLs and obsolete level 1 DDs. And my 'foreign' fleet protecting the homeland (about 25 ships) which is mainly made up of all the Norwegian and Spanish detritus and other obsolete boats.

Kurt_Steiner said:
No, mates, you've got it wrong. The RN hasn't been defeated. They are trying a new submarine warfare right now.

Come on, it's so obvious!

Good thinking Batman. Absolutely right. Yup.

Bafflegab said:
What was the composition of the enemy naval force? I have a suspicion that you suffered mightily from overstacking... Basically you created an oceanic version of bumper cars with your navy.

Enemy composition was 16 ships. 2 Bismark class BBs (level 4) Consisting of the KMS Bismark and its sister Friedrich der Grosse (the most successful ship in the world with dozens of kills to its name if the 'sunk ships' record is to be beleived. There was also the KMS Tirpitz (sunk). The CA KMS Bleucher (sunk), the rest are Level 4 CLs and a mix of level 3 and 4 DDs if I recall.

If you count up my loses in the two battles (in which case add some German destroyers as well as the 2 CAs Admiral Scheer and Graf Spee) you will see I lost 40 ships in total.

The first battle I had 27 ships engaged against 18. I lost 8 capital ships and 7 screens. The Germans lost 2 capital ships and 2 screens.

I then engaged with the second fleet and the survivors of the first fleet (the med fleet thankfully didn't get there in time) for 26 ships against 16 (some Italians joined in). I lost 12 capital ships and 13 screens, they lost 3 capital ships and 1 screen.

Hardly overcrowding surely? :(

Ayeshteni

You should try to build up a fleet of Naval Bombers, they cost less and are faster to build then a new fleet.