• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ATBKING

Man Of The Highlands
14 Badges
Jul 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III
In a world before Great Kings were established, the lands of Europe had no face. Great Kingdoms of Europe are a distant dream. All powers grasping at straws, Any given nation could take the helm and flourish to great heights.

In this world, Revolutions are at every turn. France is in Disarray, England is in Disarray, the HRE is in disarray. No one can protect themselves. Minor nations band together to survive, then turn on their allies to become even stronger. Its Survival of the Fittest, and we will see who the most fit is.

BTxbV8j.jpg

Welcome to a world in Turmoil. This is our starting Point. We are not the worst nation but we arent the best either. No friends, no allies. Here are my House Rules.

House Rules:
1) No more then THREE vassals at a time.
2) No more then TWO Personal Unions at a time.
3) If Gone over the Infamy limit, then Vassals must be released until there are 5 points between amount and limit.
4) No Cheats No Restarts
5) Everything is on Normal
6) Luck Nations is on random

Goals
1. Control The Isles
2. Make a move on French Expansion
3. Own the greatest CoT in the World
4. Become the greatest power the World has ever seen​

This is going to be the first of my three AAR's. I havent decided who the others will be yet. But Look forward to seeing alot of me!! Heres to the New campaign!!

Table Of Contents

Sounds interesting! Nice to see more life in EU3 now that a few other AARs are finished. Three AARs? That's really ambitious, I must say :p.

Where Do We Start?

As the King of Roxburghe sits at his throne, he ponders about the future. Two Diplomats stand before him.

JqYvTaf.jpg

The nations of Palatinate and Bedford offer their Alliances.

TXEmPlx.jpg

Neither of these clowns seem useful. Only to benefit themselves. I don't even know why the Palatinate came this far. They have no way to help us, and we have no way to help them. Then We got an Alliance from Frisia. They seem strong. And their navy could Def come in handy. Roxburghe was slowly amassing its power base.

XejqDhO.jpg

But, with this, we had finally beleived that we were strong enough to wage war. Our 4000 troops were more then willing to give their life for the King, and there are sure to be more men willing to pick up a sword and shield to defend their King for an easy paycheck. So out council came up with this.

1a9v2Em.jpg

To wage war on our weakest neighbor. Northumberland was a meager nation. It was easy prey. But York was bearing down on them. If we were going to wage war, we needed to do it now.

EtXMOMz.jpg

Thier ally, Rothesay(Light Blue) Rulers of the Highlands, quickly raised arms and began to march toward Glasgow. But they were not alone. They called forth all their allies as well.

ctlkJjQ.jpg

Breifne(Tannish Orange), Kingdom with control of the Eastern part of the Isle of Ireland joined the war. We fond ourselves blocked in. We march our troops to Northumberland. The army of Northumberland made a swift retreat to West Lothian and met up with a small army of Rothesay in our Capital. We marched back to break the siege.

FlXdLaQ.jpg

Our enemies tasted the first defeat. But, the army of Breifne soon joined the fight. Not only that, but Rothesays new ally Normandy had joined the fray. A coalition of 8000 men besieged our province of Gallaway. The war council went into a panic. How were we supposed to deal with this threat? Four nations versus one? what had we done. Then, our King made a sacrifice. He would let the Enemy preoccupy themselves with Gallaway, as we take control of Northumberland. If we could defeat them, then that would put a major damper on their advances. So we marched, and soon, they fell before the might of Roxburghe.

3mkjpMB.jpg

KTv5sZP.jpg

Northumberland was beaten, but we were not out of the fire yet. There were rumours that the nation of Montrose(Red) were thinking of attacking us. We woulndnt be able to stop all these nations from attacking us. we quickly came tried to appease them by offering a wife to the Prince of Montrose. They accepted.

EKcS1FC.jpg

It became our nations single purpose to save Gallaway. We marched our army to Gallaway, and after months of harsh fighting...

aK9fHJz.jpg

Our army was battered and beaten. We suffered more casualties then they. but our fighting spirit proved to be more superior. Now we were on to our next objective. Our enemies were on the edge of the cliff, and it was time to win this war!!!

nYW5qTz.jpg

Our new vassal Northumberland, joined our war in order to keep in good favor. and we together with them, marched through Rothesay, decimating all armies that stood in our path.

wYGqa0k.jpg

Slowly but surely, we began to take over important cities in their manpower pool, and finally, we were able to gain control of their entire country.

eUA1ygE.jpg

But why stop there? King Ian had a taste of power, had a taste of ambition. This new found strength took over his very soul, and he gave the order to sail to Normandy, in an attempt to vassalize them and gain a foothold on Mainland Europe. With their strength, the war horse was turning, the Navy reached the shore of Caux province, and Normandy soon fell thereafter.

XySn5B7.jpg

Now the only question remained was simple. What do we do with with Rothesay? The King did not need another vassal. so he took control of all their lands. and abolished the King of Rothesay.

mFX8mar.jpg

The King looked on, and his grandest artist drew him a map, showing him all land he now possessed. He gazed upon it, and was in awe. The war took 4 long years, and it was his people payed the ultimate price for it.

ypOxcyY.jpg

He wanted more. He could feel his blood boiling for more war. He called forth the kings of his vassals and said, what do we do next? and the answer surprised no one.

KkMDrVj.jpg

End of Chapter I

Yea, I know. But I get bored. Gotta spice upt the Life. Keeps me sharp. But you do almost three at a time always. I did Four at a time at one point.

You're right. I was foolish to handle so many but I've cut down on the numbers now, ever so slightly :p.

A century from now, Roxburghe will control all of British Isles and much of France. You are already blobbing out of control :).

Chapter II: The Subjugation of York

Rothesay had been annexed and both Normandy and Northumberland were now pawns for our workhorse. The Council did not want to ignite another war and bring further eyes to the Kingdom, but King Ian wanted just that. He had his eyes set on the lands of York. And he would have his war.

FNEuhns.jpg

ONBU5q4.jpg

The odds seemed to be stacked against him, on parchment, this was a losing case. But the Kings facade gave his troops hope. Brabant, the leaders of this war, boasted 11,000 men. They wold be a major problem, IF they had a port to allow themselves passage to Roxburghe. Brabant could do nothing, except bark from the safety of being a land locked nation. Our only worries were the combined strength of Wales and York. We would have to defeat them before they could form a coalition. We marched straight for York's biggest army.

OkYf3Mt.jpg

Victory was certain, there was no sign of the Welsh troops or even the Irish. We split our forces into three and sent our largest force north to deal with the Rebels. We then recieved a letter from our vassal Normandy. They report that they have beaten the forces of Breifne.

n4Q5dqD.jpg

The capital of York had fallen, and yet there was still no sign of Wales... We sent a spy to their capital to see what was happening. The Welsh Army had not even moved. They had no desire to even help York. So we just helped ourselves.

8O4kzab.jpg

JcoyFbw.jpg

soWbtKH.jpg

UFRxZXE.jpg

Then we came to realize, the Wales entire army, was not in their homeland. They had dropped an Invasion force in Normandy. We decided to take our fight to them.

i2qOZbS.jpg

Snx3k5I.jpg

Another Satisfying war for Roxburghe. With all their allies gone, Brabant had one remaining option. Glory For Roxburghe!!

FZIorI8.jpg

End Of Chapter II

I dont think so. More of a Europe type conquest. But only time will tell ya know. I played the next chapter already, and Montrose gets a few provinces taken by Algiers I believe. So I might hit Africa in the coming chapters. And itf that goes well, then I will def tray and get into Asia AFAP