• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

perafilozof

Captain
53 Badges
Mar 5, 2015
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Majesty 2
Hello fellow city city mayors!

My name is Peter, and back in 2015. I stared a Let's played that I called: Road to 1 Million on Hard mode. It took me a lot of time and effort to get to 500,000 population. But at that point games limitations started to slow down my progress. Game speed was limited to 1x, death waves where very bad because of how Cims would move in, and die at the same time, I was getting close to the building hard limit, which was about 32k back then and so on.

Fast forward to 2019. as I go back to Bedrock. With the games updates in the last few years limits inside the game have been increased, my PC has had some updates, and I would like to finish what I started five years ago.

I would like to invite you to join me once again on this Road as I try to make Bedrock a city of one million population.

Mods used: Show limits, 25 spaces unlock, automatic bulldoze 2, Traffic Manager President edition, Citizen Life Cycle Rebalance v2.6 and of course Hard mode.

45 mb screenshot 7680x4320.

pfCXjOM.jpg

pfCXjOM

Last edited:
This episode of Let's play Cities Skylines called: Road to 1 Million population on hard mode is the first one after four years. I am back in Bedrock, in 2019., the city I started back in 2015. with the aim of reaching 1 million population on the hard mode. This requires managing my income, import/export of goods, fixing roads to allow for maximum number of 4x4 building zones and of course terraforming on a large scale to make more space for city expansions.

Thank you.
Back in 2015. I had this configuration:
Intel i7-4770K 4.0GHz
some other MB and later ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
Kingston DDR3 16GB 2133MHz HyperX Beast
Gigabyte GTX 980ti G1
240GB Kingston SSDNow V300
some Chieftec 750W modular

Now I have:
Intel i7-8700 Asus
TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING
Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz HyperX HX432C16PB3K2/16
Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
Kingston SATA III SA400S37/480G A400
HD SSD 512 GB Transcend TS512GMTE220S
Seasonic PRIME 1200 W Gold

This episode is about many things that I have done in about a month of playing in Bedrock and more then 50 hours of improving the city before expanding it.
7aQihLn

7aQihLnh.jpg

Topics covered in this episode are:
1. Terraforming with the landscape tool
2. Commercial Tax income / Night and Day cycle
3. Zonning Toolset mod and more 4x4 buildings
4. Lake terraforming and Bedrock sign
5. District terrain flattened and improved zoning for more buildings
6. New district terraformed and planned out for expanding
7. Industrial district policy change 4.0 and Industrial space planning
8. Recreational use policy added to districts
9. Advanced vehicles AI problem and fix
10. Office area and harbors moved
11. More terraforming and future expansion plans

Mods used: Show limits, 25 spaces unlock, Automatic bulldoze 2, Traffic Manager President edition, Citizen Life Cycle Rebalance v2.6, Zoning toolset (toggle + upgrade tool) and Hard mode. Game version 1.12.1.

Last edited:
In this episode of the Let's play I show you how the city has been expanded according to the plan laid out in the previous episode and it has now reached the population count of over 578k. This expansion is not even finished so there is more room for growth.
Topics covered in this episode:
1. Expansion layout
2. Employment percentage
3. RCI and O zone makeup
4. Drinking water capacity
5. Some new landscaped areas
6. Generic industry Goods production and district policy
7. Traffic and road layout
Mods used: Show limits, 25 spaces unlock, Automatic bulldoze 2, Traffic Manager President edition, Citizen Life Cycle Rebalance v2.6, Zoning toolset (toggle + upgrade tool) and Hard mode. Game version 1.12.1.

City of Bedrock reaches over 640,000 population on the hard mode!

In this episode of the Let's play, on the hard mode, I show you the newest finished expansion district Dystopian vision which helps bring Bedrock to 640,000 population mark. It's top off with a new all offices district to give Cims more workplaces. Besides this completed expansion I show you the next step. A whole new expansion which is planned to hold two new districts when built with another 130,000 population. I also talk about some new gameplay developments that have happened between this and the previous episode.

1. Finished expansion
2. New Expansion layout
3. Recycling district policy and it's effects
4. Open jobs and unemployment
5. Landscaping plans
6. Amount of goods production and transport requirements
7. Tax income problems
and more

A small important update, city is now at 706,000 population. A new Let's play video will be up as the newest expansion is up and finished with close to 780,000 population.

qTpIUo0.jpg

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, I show you the finishing of the new expansion made up of two districts, which help bring Bedrock to over 775,000 population mark. I show you the new metro lines introduced to help reduce the number of vehicles on the city's streets to help solve the problem of not enough vehicles to transport all the goods that generic industry buildings sell and commercial buildings buy to sell to Cims.
1. Finishing the new expansion
2. Problem of not enough goods and buyers for products(goods)
3. Vehicle limit preventing industry from transporting and selling goods to commercial zones
4. No residential demand above 7% unemployment
5. New metro system and lines
6. Variable tax revenue depending on district polices
7. District polices of Industrial Space Planing and Big Business Benefactor
and more

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, I show you the finishing of the three new districts bringing Bedrock to over 850,000 population mark. One of the new districts features a new RCI zoning design, while the names have been given by other players. Along side that I show how the problem of not enough buyers and goods was solved using other players, mayors, suggestions of reducing the commercial zones and switching them for offices.
1. Solving the problem of not enough goods and buyers for products
2. Three new districts finished
3. Better percentage of employment thanks to more offices instead of commercial zones
4. How tax revenue is manipulated by the game depending on the amount of credits in the cities budget(bank account)
5. Planing of new city expansions
6. The problem of inefficient product import by cargo ships and trains
and more
Mods used: Show limits, 25 spaces unlock, Automatic bulldoze 2, Traffic Manager President edition, Citizen Life Cycle Rebalance v2.6, Zoning toolset (toggle + upgrade tool), Fill The Houses and Hard mode. Game version 1.12.1.

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, I show you the building new districts. The whole process from terraforming with the landscape tool, through highway construction, over road network setup to zoning. At the end I name them using other player suggestions. Also, I show a new mod I am using, Optimised Outside Connections to fix the problem of too many empty trains and cargo ships.
1. Building new districts
2. Terraforming with the landscape tool
3. Optimised Outside Connections mod
4. Highway construction
5. Road network setup
6. RCI zoning design
and more

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, I show you the finishing of the three new districts bringing Bedrock to over 850,000 population mark. One of the new districts features a new RCI zoning design, while the names have been given by other players. Along side that I show how the problem of not enough buyers and goods was solved using other players, mayors, suggestions of reducing the commercial zones and switching them for offices.
1. Solving the problem of not enough goods and buyers for products
2. Three new districts finished
3. Better percentage of employment thanks to more offices instead of commercial zones
4. How tax revenue is manipulated by the game depending on the amount of credits in the cities budget(bank account)
5. Planing of new city expansions
6. The problem of inefficient product import by cargo ships and trains
and more
Mods used: Show limits, 25 spaces unlock, Automatic bulldoze 2, Traffic Manager President edition, Citizen Life Cycle Rebalance v2.6, Zoning toolset (toggle + upgrade tool), Fill The Houses and Hard mode. Game version 1.12.1.

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, city of Bedrock is experiencing a new problem. As new residential buildings are built, very few Cims move in even with medium R demand. On top of that some 4x4 buildings get only 9 or 10 households instead of 24,25,26.
1. Limits that have been reached
2. Cims moving in to only a few of new residential buildings
3. 4x4 residential buildings with only 9 or 10 households instead of over 24
4. Present demand for R but very few Cims actually moving in
5. New District names
and more

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, city of Bedrock is experiencing yet another problem. Cims are finally moving into new residential buildings, but there are 7,000 vehicles less on the roads. Now for other cities that would be grate, but in Bedrock that means that Industry and Commercial buildings don't get delivers so they go abandoned. And that means fewer jobs, which means less Cims and the city can't grow.
1. Fixed problem of no new Cims, more R buildings occupied
2. 30% fewer vehicles on the roads which leads to problems with deliveries
3. Industrial buildings going abandoned means fewer jobs = less population
4. Terraforming for the next districts
5. Cargo ships traffic, jam at sea
and more

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, city of Bedrock is forced to go back to an earlier save before the mod More vehicles was first used. This is because the Path units limit has been reach because of this mod and this prevents Cims from going to work, moving into the new residential buildings and using the metro. Because Path units is maxed out at 262k with the more vehicles mod I have to go back to a save with 850k population where this limit is only at 125k and where Cims are able to function.
1. More vehicles mod and Path units limit reached
2. Cims not working because of the maxed out Path units limit
3. Going back to an earlier save at 850k population
4. Changing the zoning design to work with only 16k vehicles
5. Expanding to new districts using the new zone design

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, city of Bedrock is getting more population once again moving forward. Now at 877k population with new designs being introduced and tested. There are even more things to redesign while balancing the goods and products with only 16k vehicles as the more vehicles mod is no longer used.

1. Industry, Commercial and Offices zones rebalanced
2. Production and sale of goods balanced with only 16k vehicles
3. Metro working again with Path units at only 50% of the limit
4. New districts redesigned but old names used
5. Plans for the finish line and 1,000,000 population

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, city of Bedrock is forced to go back to an earlier save before the mod More vehicles was first used. This is because the Path units limit has been reach because of this mod and this prevents Cims from going to work, moving into the new residential buildings and using the metro. Because Path units is maxed out at 262k with the more vehicles mod I have to go back to a save with 850k population where this limit is only at 125k and where Cims are able to function.

Can you explain why higher limit of 262k doesn't work unlike lower limit of 125k?

Can you explain why higher limit of 262k doesn't work unlike lower limit of 125k?

Hi, brainiac01.
As you will see in this next episode, I once again suffer from the same problem even with the path units at only 200,000. So it would seam that there is another problem, which isn't viable in the statistics at play here.

In this episode of the Cities: Skylines Let's play, on the hard mode, city of Bedrock has reached more then 950k population in the newly designed districts. But once again the city is hit by the same problem. Cims stop moving into new Residential buildings and progress has slowed to a crawl.

1. Problem with empty Residential buildings, again, like in episode #96
2. Reducing Industry and Commercial zones in favor of Office zones
3. Using a new mod: Employ Overeducated Workers V2
4. Expanding to the last two districts, one is in need of a cool name
5. Showing my new Welcome sign at the entrance to the harbor

City of Bedrock is now home to 1,000,013 Cims. Yabadabadoo!!!

Made on the Hard mode, no cheats, all game mechanics working and no shortcuts.

In this last episode of this monumental 101 episode long Let's play, I show how the city was expanded from 950,000 population, when the Citizen units was a big problem and a block to growth, over 960k with a solution I came up with, and all the way to 999,800 population when I start the countdown. The final moment when the city finally reaches 1,000,013 population gives me the chills every time I think about it.

This Let's play was started back in 2015. paused until 2019. and finished in 2020. It is hard to give and exact number but it took around 500 hours to complete. Mods used: Show limits, 25 spaces unlock, Automatic bulldoze 2, Traffic Manager President edition STABLE, Citizen Life Cycle Rebalance v2.6, Zoning toolset (toggle + upgrade tool), Fill The Houses, Loading Screen Mod, No Seagulls, Employ Overeducated Workers V2 and Hard mode. Game version 1.12.3.