• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
This thread will detail my experiences playing the Risk Battle Mod.

The first thing I noticed was that Tibet gave into territorial demands, I'm not sure if this is a WAD or I installed it wrong. Kazikia also accepted Russia's demands.

Yes, both are purposeful. And are to happen at least 50% or more the time.

With Tibet any of the four 'other' China can gain Tibet. This alters the game in this area from game to game in five ways. One for each of the four China's and one when Tibet goes it alone. As for Kazakia, though the chances are somewhat higher, it is 'when' it occurs that alters the game course. (I also sent a new flag file)

GeneralHannibal said:
This thread will detail my experiences playing the Risk Battle Mod.

The first thing I noticed was that Tibet gave into territorial demands, I'm not sure if this is a WAD or I installed it wrong. Kazikia also accepted Russia's demands.

I remember before you talking about a 6-month lag in between Declarations of war and land fighting. I haven't noticed this as Canada just declared war on me (the USA) while I'm just starting to beat the confederacy. I think I'm doomed.

It is 60 days AI to AI. It does not apply to human vs. AI or AI vs. human.

Also, for AI to AI it only applies to land forces, not air or sea including amphibious invasions that include the use of marines.

Yukala said:
It is 60 days AI to AI. It does not apply to human vs. AI or AI vs. human.

Also, for AI to AI it only applies to land forces, not air or sea including amphibious invasions that include the use of marines.

Oh, i get it, I'm uploading images right now and will post them soon.

Here is the result of the war by March

You are the USA?

You do not look so good. :eek:

But, a few months later, things arn't looking so bad since my new divisons came out:

Nice recovery ! :cool:

I did make a good recovery but the Canadian declaration of war would have killed me had I not forgotten to deploy a group of Inf which I deployed a few provincies behind the front line.

Situation shortly after canadian DOW:

Your holding...

How does your land, sea and air compare with Great Quebec and Confederate States?

As of now, June 24, land balance is:

Country _ Inf _ Cav _ Arm _ Marine _ Mnt _ Gar _ Total _

USA_____27___2_____0____0______0____10___39_____
CAS_____1____2_____2____1______2____11___19_____
Quebec__9____7_____1____3______1____14___35_____

By the way, how do you take screenshots of the statistices page. A map will come in a minute or two.

Edit: Here is the situation in North America now

The rest of the world will come soon.

Central America:

South America, note New Zealand in Argentina:

South Africa:

I just received a peace deal from the confederacy but it was far to limited, it only gave me the rest of Missouri.

Let me warn you about something I have rigged in the mod. :D

If you press on a country and occupy say some 50% of their IC base, they switch to making militia hordes. This is something very dangerous if you then let them live in this weakened state yet with still enough IC to produce the militia hordes.

These militia are not vanilla, and come fast and in great numbers. It will be like the whole country just went up in arms. They could then hold for a long time and worse keep getting stronger and turn the tables on you.

You will not be able to overcome them well until you upgrade your regular professional army which could take over a year.

The confederates only have around 50 IC but it is taking me a very long time getting troops down there. I am holding Canada back and pushing them back but I will only be able to defeat them once I defeat the CSA. I also lost my navy so I can't bring troops down by sea.

Well watch out, the worst scenario is if you over-run both of them enough and trigger the militia hordes in each yet cannot press any further.

Also, there are no militia in the AI build que, so they only are built IF this panic build has been triggered. So what I am saying if you see even only one militia, the process has begun... :eek:

How is your air doing?

The confederates have started but the only have Florida and the Bahamas left so I don't think they are to dangerous. They only have 14 IC.

Last edited:
Here is the situation now, I can't take the Bahamas and that is very very annoying. Also, Texas can't take Mexico city.

Well Mexico City will fall eventually. However, you will need to build some navy.

:eek: Oh it is October 11 and you are full on in a war in the north against Great Quebec. Better get good winter leaders up there. It is going to get nasty. :D