• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General Update relating to all Yukala Mods

General Update relating to all Yukala Mods:

Sometime back I mentioned working on an idea of specific AI personalities. Though at that time it was a general outline. I have of late with much progress (some un-seen to me at the time) have now 'proved' just such personalities.

It might take a 'white paper' to describe this, especially since I just recently proved the concept out in experiments.

But a few points.

I am more and more convinced the AI's could be made to mimic human playing behavior, especially from what I have seen last few weeks. Where in one case an AI 'pulled' off about 10 divisions from a left flank that had been see-sawing back and forth but with the depleted strength of these divisions mounting and the apparent collapse, the AI quite suddenly pulled them off and routed them forthwith to the far right adding in all fast moving divisions and made for a bat out of hell for Berlin, making it to the eastern border province.

It was a decided tactic and munevering. It failed but I could see by settings recently tried 'why' that could have happened.

Experiments like these need be 'reproduced' and I am confident of same. And when I say 'recent setting changes' I mean in the hundreds. I have 4-quad computer and run tests at full speed so I can run hundreds of them in a relative short space of time.

This is all well and good Yukala - but sooner or later you are going to have to let us gurbby fingereed game addicts loose on your creation - then we will see if the AI can truely act in a strategic/tactical fashion. I want a hard and challenging AI - so I am going to hold my breath now until you allow us to beta test this baby!

still holding my breath.......

GASP!
OK I wont hold my breath - but come on! unleash the dogs of war!

therev said:
This is all well and good Yukala - but sooner or later you are going to have to let us gurbby fingereed game addicts loose on your creation - then we will see if the AI can truely act in a strategic/tactical fashion. I want a hard and challenging AI - so I am going to hold my breath now until you allow us to beta test this baby!

still holding my breath.......

GASP!
OK I wont hold my breath - but come on! unleash the dogs of war!

This is good!
:D :D :D

I think you should put the 'blame' squarely on Paradox.
;)
If they had not made the game so open, pliable and with so dang many calls to AI, Diplomacy et al. I surely would be done by now. :rofl:

If they had not buried its potential greatness in a lackluster vanilla, to soon shoved out the door without the ten-thousand hours of testing Lothos should have had access to.

Then I would not be here making it better and better. Gosh the darn thing just keeps getting better. What is a modder to do???

Yukala said:
This is good!
:D :D :D

I think you should put the 'blame' squarely on Paradox.
;)
If they had not made the game so open, pliable and with so dang many calls to AI, Diplomacy et al. I surely would be done by now. :rofl:

If they had not buried its potential greatness in a lackluster vanilla, to soon shoved out the door without the ten-thousand hours of testing Lothos should have had access to.

Then I would not be here making it better and better. Gosh the darn thing just keeps getting better. What is a modder to do???

Release a beta so people can test out how it works out against humans? :D

GeneralHannibal said:
Release a beta so people can test out how it works out against humans? :D

You have a good point here and I am getting more curious by the day myself. Especially as with event after event I keep throwing more at the AI than I would like to have to handle. Yet, it does it just fine.

But maybe I am just getting lazy from watching hands-off almost entirely for this last year now.
:eek:

Risk Battle Mods morphed into Guild Imperium

Guild Imperium Beta1 was released end of Aug 07 and well tested.

Guild Imperium Beta2 released end of Sept 07

Guild Imperium Beta3 will be last beta, which has begun for me as feedback pours in from beta2.

Then beta updates from beta3, retitle and will be released as, 'Guild Imperium One'.

So Public release of Guild Imperium One, near end of Oct 07 (maybe)

I am going to cap what I do to stay near to this time-line and release.

Yukala said:
Risk Battle Mods morphed into Guild Imperium

Guild Imperium Beta1 was released end of Aug 07 and well tested.

Guild Imperium Beta2 released end of Sept 07

Guild Imperium Beta3 will be last beta, which has begun for me as feedback pours in from beta2.

Then beta updates from beta3, retitle and will be released as, 'Guild Imperium One'.

So Public release of Guild Imperium One, near end of Oct 07 (maybe)

I am going to cap what I do to stay near to this time-line and release.

It is safe to say here late Oct 07 that the 'maybe' is vapor...

Oh well am making goodly progress near daily, so set sights further out......

:cool:

therev said:
Don't fret Yukala - we are all cheering from the sidelines as you fine tune the AI

:D

Thanks!!

And the tweaks and tests go on...

General Guild Imperium update:

General Guild Imperium update:

Fall 07 has flown by and winter approaches!!

It snows here today for the first time this season!

I have with progress made changed my thinking and my publishing date.

Timing is out from what I first thought to do.

I skipped cutting corners to make a deadline and am forging forward.

I do still intend to have Beta3 only a brief affair by a few hearty supporters so as to check for glaring errors and then publically publish and give this modding a rest.

Here is the last update from the Guild Imperium Beta3 Project thread (only active project):

Guild Imperium Update:

The Guild Fascists are now in three camps.

Nine for Europe as before but secretly named the Etruscans where there now exists a new one island country, at Corsica and is named the 'Isle of Etruscans' bearing same flag but different leaders. The idea is that a player can play this country, and given various conditions, like when two or more of the 'nine' come into simultaneous existence in Europe they align with Isle as the Head of the Alliance and the then the Isle of Etruscans 'take over' all Guild Fascist operations in Europe.

A similiar set-up exists in North America, where a one province country 'Las Vegas' as 'House of Lemur' sits quietly guarded by non-aggression treaties' until with condition Guild Fascist come into existence all around the rim of the Pacific Ocean and these Guild Fascists are secretly named; the Lemurians, there being 11 of them.

The third branch of Guild Fascist number 7 and located along the Atlantic Ocean in North, Central and South America. They can align to either the House of Lemur or the to Isle of Estruscans and can go it alone or with special free alignment possiblities with non-Guild countries. This Guild branch are aptly bear the secret name, 'Atlantean'.

Find too in Europe two other 'new countries' one spread across south Italy, Balkans and West Anatolia, this is the Byantine Empire. The Ottoman Empire co-exists further west and south and is now the leader of the alliance with House of Saud to the direct south.

Now between the Ottoman Empire, House of Saud (Saudi Arabia) and Land of Khem (Egypt) is the new country; 'Phoenicia' as having survived the millenniums and is still a minor ally of the Land of Khem.

The Armed Traders have indeed been split into three separate countries in a locked alliance now bearing names that relate to location:

Mediterranean Armed Traders
Pacific Armed Traders
Atlantic Armed Traders

The Mediterranean Armed Traders’ holdings in the Mediterranean have been expanded.

Not all is done as yet but much is ‘set-up’ or done especially with the new countries at start.

There are also 5 new rebel countries that are unique to House Rakozcy.

As well 15 rebel nations spread thoughout the world coming by various conditions and triggers.

I improved the war file event chains and am near half done amending them.

Have sketches for a built from stratch ‘random’ event chain affecting all countries.
A sketch for a player only event chain that only affects players at war.
A sketch for AI only event chains for air defense.
...and a few more event chains at various stages of completion

I do sketches then proto-types tests, then assemble the whole chain, test again and tweak for balance. Sounds like a lot, but saves a lot of heartaches.

For the player experience it continues to morph. Since last I have now schemed to fine-tune deal with much more varied human manuvering than before.

I may yet accomplish my personal goal of… ‘leave no human standing…’
;)

At start there are now 83 countries to chose from (contrasting vanilla has 77, but many are very minor) and after game start by playing saves, the potential for another 50 more that could be playable at various times and seasons as no two games can be the same... Also at start there are now 25 plus alliances which 60 of the at start countries are involved in, with some shifting from before for better balance at start. You might notice too I have again tweaked the country color scheme, just cause I am so good at it! :rofl:

I have more and more surprises packing in... so player beware...

Looks good :D

When it comes I'll start another America AAR and we'll see how that goes...

Guild Imperium General Update

Guild Imperium General Update:

Have not worked much near two months, however have done a little here and there.

The Guild Imperium last had its combat tweaked up and I proved out the use of 'radar_stations', another first for this line of mods.

Guild Imperium now sports at-start fully 90 playable countries. Fifty more come in after the fact in various ways and seasons. This count will be the limit. And it will take a good deal of time to bring all the details of all these countries into best estate.

To make this work on computer load, 72 of the at-start countries are in 28 at-start alliances. Most of the other fifty countries will be allied one way and other with few exceptions. This will keep the primary AI count to 46 and less at all times.

New country appearances will be s-l-o-w-e-d to help keep the game below all out war at all times. As well I have other inhibitors to layer in possible wars on out over several years.

Next when I dare to get my head around it, will be the whole of the event chains.

No promises to time or release at this point.

Which countries are new?

GeneralHannibal said:
Which countries are new?

Hi, sent you a private email.

Yukala said:
Hi, sent you a private email.

Good good good. When will your website come up?

GeneralHannibal said:
Good good good. When will your website come up?

Now that is truely a million dollar question; I am still tackling the C-Panel, will get to you on that one...
:rolleyes:

Yukala said:
Now that is truely a million dollar question; I am still tackling the C-Panel, will get to you on that one...
:rolleyes:

OK ;)

Grue said:
I'd really like to play this, if you need help with CPanel, I'd like to offer to help you through how to use it. ;)

Thanks! I have a video of how to do it, I suspect it is straight forward enough, though I have not found the time to view it yet. :eek:o

However, it is on my new marketing schedual, starting this Wednesday. To maximize time, I also had to curb my interest in politics.

What is your background with the C-Panel or being a web master? I have someone to run full-time servers, however that is $25,000 and three months or more away. (have to finish 'remodeling business location' etc.)

I have so many things going on right now, I was thinking of buying yet another course on how to deal with having so many balls in the air. :rofl:

I have a particuliar kind of ADD (attention deficient disorder) well so-called. One of my new skills that I look forward to assimilating is knowing when to 'out-source' work!!!!!!!!!!!!!