• Hearts of Iron IV Survey

Help us make HoI IV better by sharing your experiences in this 5 minute survey

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
GeneralHannibal said:
Sign me up as a beta-tester :D

Also, do you know C++?

You are 'signed up'!!!

My editor/compilor handles it, I have studied it some a long while back. But I am in mathematics/logic as a writer etc. So all this code stuff comes easy enough. I will read a few books on it etc. I often read 5 books a day, many of them technical.

I am confident that new platforms will emerge by collective effort that all modders can use.

I do not have 'big plans' for code changing as such, more a few points, some of which were handled in DD and ARMA.

Better I think to stay on track and get a great mod to market!!

Just some things would be nice as feasable. The spy stuff in DD I am not interested to have included and most of the 'naval brigade' stuff in ARMA I am also not interested in.

I do want to see some 'hard-coded' parameters exposed to general modding. Maybe a lot of this. I especially want to visit 'dig in', 'partisans' in great detail. The names of some things and more tables of info available to the player in game. I also want to see more text room for insertion of storyboard material. Maybe even another tab for this.

Keeping it generally on a time-table and prioritizing tweaks. We could all participant in this as a 'group' before we peel off into various 'modding' adventures.

A COMMON engine base would clearly be VERY wise for us all to pull together and STICK to in a timely manner.

The mind spins and the heart roars...
:D

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Yukala said:
You are 'signed up'!!!

My editor/compilor handles it, I have studied it some a long while back. But I am in mathematics/logic as a writer etc. So all this code stuff comes easy enough. I will read a few books on it etc. I often read 5 books a day, many of them technical.

I am confident that new platforms will emerge by collective effort that all modders can use.

I do not have 'big plans' for code changing as such, more a few points, some of which were handled in DD and ARMA.

Better I think to stay on track and get a great mod to market!!

Just some things would be nice as feasable. The spy stuff in DD I am not interested to have included and most of the 'naval brigade' stuff in ARMA I am also not interested in.

I do want to see some 'hard-coded' parameters exposed to general modding. Maybe a lot of this. I especially want to visit 'dig in', 'partisans' in great detail. The names of some things and more tables of info available to the player in game. I also want to see more text room for insertion of storyboard material. Maybe even another tab for this.

Keeping it generally on a time-table and prioritizing tweaks. We could all participant in this as a 'group' before we peel off into various 'modding' adventures.

A COMMON engine base would clearly be VERY wise for us all to pull together and STICK to in a timely manner.

The mind spins and the heart roars...
:D

Just make sure to communicate with the other modders about it :)

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
GeneralHannibal said:
Just make sure to communicate with the other modders about it :)

I think we will have our own forum and no doubt there will be a lot of communication.
:eek:

Maybe more than one might want from time to time.
;)

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Yukala said:
I think we will have our own forum and no doubt there will be a lot of communication.
:eek:

Maybe more than one might want from time to time.
;)

Just make sure to invite me to the forum. Also, seeing as you plan on migrating to a new platform, why don't you just publish the current version now. I need my fix :D

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
GeneralHannibal said:
Just make sure to invite me to the forum. Also, seeing as you plan on migrating to a new platform, why don't you just publish the current version now. I need my fix :D

To busy to publish anything just this year so far. :eek:

Am making progress with many project however.

Kind Regards!