• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Tribolute said:
I usually do annex for ic rich provinces etc. always in hoi2 (no exception here)

But is puppeting disabled, are you able to puppet? If so is it likely given the warscore or extremely unlikely? :eek:

Also, are carriers nerfed at all so battleships are better or are lvl 1 carriers still going to dominate everything (except naval bombers :p)

I have no idea if 'puppeting' works ?
Have never done it or touched it, It is on my 'to do' list.
Well, carriers are not nerfed, but then you can convert 'armored transports' to small carriers and load or attach cags upon them. The larger AI's will all do this at some point and no one will rule the seas. The seas should remain a shooting gallery much have they have been early game.

I HOPE.

Let me know.
:D

unmerged(51967)

Lt. General
Dec 23, 2005
Yeah i was going to plan to eventually try and puppet someone in the AAR i'm doing.

Converting transports to carriers.... huh? Does this mean they stop being transports? -_-
(And i looked in the files, unless it's a default carriers look like they only take half a year to build)

And it took me this long to realise when you build IC it builds 3 lol

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Tribolute said:
Yeah i was going to plan to eventually try and puppet someone in the AAR i'm doing.

Converting transports to carriers.... huh? Does this mean they stop being transports? -_-
(And i looked in the files, unless it's a default carriers look like they only take half a year to build)

And it took me this long to realise when you build IC it builds 3 lol

Well the AI's only add brigades on new builds. So by the time cags are available major AI's will have stockpiled enough transports for normal use. Then when they build transports they will have cags attached and as far as I have seen they are used both ways.

Yet, more proof of AI use is required. But I know you can find yourself facing a large stack of transports with cags mid game on the high seas so be careful.

Eventually even large AI's build carriers, but never like a human would. It is not all that workable with the AI's build schemes as they are. They observe a pecking order approach and capitol ships are last dog on the pole and underneath them, you guessed it, carriers.

So, cags on transports evens things out quick. Cause no matter how many of either carriers or transports with cags a human builds they can and likely find yet larger more numerous navies on the high seas.

I look forward to learning more about 'puppeting'.

unmerged(28220)

First Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2004
Possible Bug

I think I've found a bug in that ministers who are misplaced in their role are not giving any benefit. When playing Federal Germany with Konrad Adenauer being an admin genius in the head of state slot (+10% ic) and no ministers who would change that back ot 0 the tooltip and actual ic don't show him having any effect.

2. Looking over the techteams again Russia has no tecteams that have the important industrial engineering (factory) specialization so any upgrades to their industr are going ot be incredibly slow... bug or wad?

3. On the subject of general ic there are many times the availible IC will be a whole lot lower than my base IC despite me having no dissent and only positive modifiers. Is this a game bug, mod bug or wad? This only happens after I've conquered a couple countries and have like 500 base IC its kinda annoying having 350ic when another country has 250 base and actual of 336.

4. Finally on my nitpick of Guderian and Manstein they are basically identical now when in vanilla one was specialized for Blitzkrieg and the other for Human Wave and now they are identical doctrine wise. I noticed this in some other countries who seem to have tons of land doctrinal researchers but htey all have the same specializations making 4 out of 5 pretty worthless since you can't research more than one doctrine in the tree most of hte time

Still having tons of fun although 10 revolts happening all at once and being able to defeat my garrison divisions is very annoying but probably WAD

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
lloyd007 said:
I think I've found a bug in that ministers who are misplaced in their role are not giving any benefit. When playing Federal Germany with Konrad Adenauer being an admin genius in the head of state slot (+10% ic) and no ministers who would change that back ot 0 the tooltip and actual ic don't show him having any effect.
This is a bug, which occurs all over the place and I am fixing them. :eek:o

2. Looking over the techteams again Russia has no tecteams that have the important industrial engineering (factory) specialization so any upgrades to their industr are going ot be incredibly slow... bug or wad?
Tech teams are generally haphazard and do not betray much balance. This too I am overhauling now.

3. On the subject of general ic there are many times the availible IC will be a whole lot lower than my base IC despite me having no dissent and only positive modifiers. Is this a game bug, mod bug or wad? This only happens after I've conquered a couple countries and have like 500 base IC its kinda annoying having 350ic when another country has 250 base and actual of 336.

This is WAD, no use trying to figure it all out, except to keep suppressing your own partisan levels enthusiastically. The AI as you progress in the game are getting randomly scrabbled in the background so it will not alway make sense. Except that they should not behave the same from game to game and should be powerful most of the time.

4. Finally on my nitpick of Guderian and Manstein they are basically identical now when in vanilla one was specialized for Blitzkrieg and the other for Human Wave and now they are identical doctrine wise. I noticed this in some other countries who seem to have tons of land doctrinal researchers but htey all have the same specializations making 4 out of 5 pretty worthless since you can't research more than one doctrine in the tree most of hte time
This goes back an above point.

Still having tons of fun although 10 revolts happening all at once and being able to defeat my garrison divisions is very annoying but probably WAD

This is definately WAD.
:D

And many, many sincere thanks for the fine feedback.
Glad your having fun.
:)

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005