• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sjm1

Corporal
12 Badges
Apr 26, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
This submod aims to convert WTWSMS into a mod which can represent the following timeline:
Changelog:
0.0.0.1:
Made the Hunas Hepthalite religion
Edited East Iranian name lists
Buffed hepthalite event troops
Renamed crusades to votive wars
Added Imprecise Hepthalite Polyandry
Added a Hepthalite-Iranian melting pot culture, mostly to represent settling down in Iran.
Added Hepthalite cultural raiding (especially to enable Buddhist hepthalites to raid)
Changed the method of Feroz's death to a death in battle against Hepthalites
Edited the characters of Kavadh and Balash
Granted various titles to Sukhra Karen

0.0.1.0:
Added the Hephtalite Invasion of Persia.

As you can see, so far it mostly focuses on editing the political situations in Persia and the Hepthalite Empire in the 486 start. More will come.
20200513154955_1.jpg

Attachments

• Rise of the White Huns.zip
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I don't know the history of the COA: I inherited it from the main mod, and wasn't involved in making it. If a new image is needed, perhaps one based on the Water Buffalo Crown depiced in the following coin?
1589475750278.png
1589475750278.png

Well this is a heck of a coincidence, in my current game the Hephthalites actually managed to take over Persia via a claim war (although they didn't hold it for long) and I instantly thought of that old White Hun timeline from AH. I stopped following it soon after the author started work on the New World of the White Huns, though. Regardless, I wish you all the luck with this project, from what I remember the original timeline was pretty interesting reading.

I do have two queries:

1) As far as I can recall, in the White Hun timeline Christianity never fractured along East-West lines since the Khazars conquered Constantinople and destroyed the ERE fairly early on (or something along those lines). Does that mean the Chalcedonian Church will get access to crusades/Votive Wars in this submod?

2) Per the title of the sequel, the author had the Old World seriously contact the New in the 12th-13th centuries, well within the CK2 timeframe. How will that be represented, if at all?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well this is a heck of a coincidence, in my current game the Hephthalites actually managed to take over Persia via a claim war (although they didn't hold it for long) and I instantly thought of that old White Hun timeline from AH. I stopped following it soon after the author started work on the New World of the White Huns, though. Regardless, I wish you all the luck with this project, from what I remember the original timeline was pretty interesting reading.

I do have two queries:

1) As far as I can recall, in the White Hun timeline Christianity never fractured along East-West lines since the Khazars conquered Constantinople and destroyed the ERE fairly early on (or something along those lines). Does that mean the Chalcedonian Church will get access to crusades/Votive Wars in this submod?

1. I believe that the best way to represent the situation might be to remove orthodoxy altogether in situations where none of the patriarchs still exist, or at least from areas without their own patriarchs, because otherwise you have the awkward situation of either the High Patriarch calling for a votive war without being the Pope, or worse yet there not being a pope, because by the Great Votive War, Rome has fallen, and therefore there would just plain be no Head of religion to call a crusade.
2) Per the title of the sequel, the author had the Old World seriously contact the New in the 12th-13th centuries, well within the CK2 timeframe. How will that be represented, if at all?

Probably not much? I could make some new world states work vaguely like Off Map Empires but only post conquest-but if that ever happens it happens years and years in the future.

1. I believe that the best way to represent the situation might be to remove orthodoxy altogether in situations where none of the patriarchs still exist, or at least from areas without their own patriarchs, because otherwise you have the awkward situation of either the High Patriarch calling for a votive war without being the Pope, or worse yet there not being a pope, because by the Great Votive War, Rome has fallen, and therefore there would just plain be no Head of religion to call a crusade.

Probably not much? I could make some new world states work vaguely like Off Map Empires but only post conquest-but if that ever happens it happens years and years in the future.
Makes sense on both counts, thanks. Do you already have any bookmarks beyond the modified 486 one in mind?

The next start I really want to do is probably 647, when the second empire falls apart, but I do want a start for Heshana's rides, as well as the Many Republics of India, the Votive war, the first civil war, and probably many more before the mod is really complete.

But I think that before then my next priority will be working on making some of the various religions, governments, and cultures featured throughout the timeline playable.

Reactions:
I don't know the history of the COA: I inherited it from the main mod, and wasn't involved in making it. If a new image is needed, perhaps one based on the Water Buffalo Crown depiced in the following coin?

Could be okay. From what i see most of their "symbols" are actually imitiating Imperial Persian imagery. But anything would be better than the current one since it's basically created in the 20th century and meant to represent the Xiongnu.

How is Albania still a Sassanid tributary?

How is Albania still a Sassanid tributary?
The Sassanids are only vassalised. Unfortunately, the tributaries of a vassal stick with the vassal, even if that doesn't actually make any sense whatsoever. Honestly, I would consider this to have been a bug in Vanilla, but I'll try to fix it.

View attachment 577298View attachment 577298

A new COA would be very nice. The current one is bad.

Also great with a submod for the Hepthalites, been playing them myself lately and wishing for more content for them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
587 Startdate Added!
Iran in 587:
greater Iran.PNG

In 587, The First Empire of the Eftal is newly collapsed, and warlords feast on its bones. In the north, the Sogdians (under Shah Tarkhsuna) have conquered Bactria, and the nomadic Avsha invade Dihistan. In the east, the Zhunbil and the remnants of the Suren face against the Johiyava, a rapidly expansionist dynasty from Afghanistan. Meanwhile, in the west, three warlords: Akhsunwar Malkha, Huvishka Prajana, and Isiaiah Qi, face off for the chance to reunite the Eftal. Will they? Or will it be the ambitious satraps of Arbeyestan? The Mazdakites of the Hills? The overseas princes, in the Empty Quarter or Somalia? Or no-one at all?
rome falling.PNG

The roman empire is falling. Anastasios, emperor in the south, is in a prolonged standoff with Ioannes, the warlord ruling the north. Meanwhile, the slavs, the gepids, and their rulers both Lombard and Bolghar rule the Balkans. To the west, the prefecture of sicily has betrayed the Empire, and follen under the suzerainity of the Mauri, who rule all of africa. And in the desert, a bandit aspires to rule.
heshana.PNG

Attachments

• Rise of the White Huns.zip
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Why are the Eastern Romans still suzerains of the Ghassanids?

• 1Like
Reactions: