• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
great AAR so far, very original. I say improve relations with USSR so much that they dont declare war on you when you invade turkey and unite your empire... If the Brits declare war on you, you can take a break from invading Turkey and conquer India and Iraq first, then take Turkey.

Just read the whole thing and im enjoying it, great to see a Persian AAR!

Hopefully many more fall before the might of the empire!

pic0ci3.jpg

CHAPTER 4: FURTHER EXPANSIONS OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE

after the fall of greece persia now looks to extend her influence over the rest of the balkans. it was decided that yugoslavia should be our next target. although it has got significantly larger army than us, we believe that our generals have some cunning plans up their sleeves:cool: meanwhile, we have gained our third tech slot and are using it to increase our overall research speed:D
pic1xl1.jpg

germany declares war on belgium, netherland and luxemburg...
pic2cd7.jpg

...and we on yugoslavia:D
pic4mq8.jpg

we manage to destroy six enemy units within the first few days of the war
pic6py0.jpg

meanwhile our leader has decided to increase his control over the government even more, so we are now a fascist nation
pic10cj9.jpg

on june 13th we meet our first defeat in the otherwise very successful yugoslavian campaign
pic11io0.jpg

in the mean time let us research better infantry:D
pic12ft7.jpg

one more unit pocketed. kill count rises to seven:D
pic13fv0.jpg

the frontline after two months of fighting
pic14gr6.jpg

vichy france is created...
pic15nm3.jpg

wow, six units pocketed!!! kill count = 13
pic16yq1.jpg

battle lines july 20
pic17jl9.jpg

the chinese surrender. they really have no honour, to submit like that to a foreign invader! sheesh!!!:mad:
pic19xl9.jpg

four more divisions pocketed, kill count rises to 17. their army must be severely jolted.
pic20nk6.jpg

like the true cowards they are, they beg and cring for mercy, ofcourse we declined...
pic21sf1.jpg

moving in for the final blow...
pic22yc1.jpg

three more divisions pocketed. kill count = 20.
pic23mh8.jpg

we gain our fourth tech slot...
pic24tl9.jpg

final blows
pic25ky8.jpg

yugoslavia surrenders
pic26bc7.jpg

RIP yugoslavia!!:D:cool:

you really need to upgrade your infantry

continued...

immediately after the fall of yugoslavia, we move our army to the perso-bulgar border and invade
pic1sv1.jpg
PIC 1

battle of sofia
pic2jh1.jpg

assault on plovdiv
pic3hn0.jpg

bulgaria offers us peace. declined!!!
pic4lp8.jpg

we gain our fifth and final tech slot and use it to improve our artillery. they really need some improvement.
pic5uy5.jpg

after three months of fighting, we are in a position to annex bulgaria, but we wont. we would puppet bulgaria and use its army to invade turky and the battles afterwards.
pic6wt2.jpg

but, even though i controll all its victory points, and the warscore being +90%, the bulgars wont accept being puppeted, not even a white peace. WTF? :mad::mad: this is so frustrating and unrealistic. they seem to be hellbent on getting themselves destroyed!!! so i use acceptall and puppetize bulgaria( hope none of you minds:D)
pic7bg5.jpg

after that we set up an alliance with bulgaria and take control of their army
pic8mf1.jpg

germany declares war on soviet union
pic10um6.jpg

situation in africa. it would be in persia's interest that britain dominates:D
pic11jc7.jpg

my son offers me gifts...
pic12zq5.jpg

and we have begun the research of the latest infantry division. go persian army!!!:D
pic13ip6.jpg

Last edited:
continued...

and finally, it is time to unite eastern persia with western persia, asian persia with european persia.
pic1vk3.jpg

the russians are getting badly mauled by the germans, as always:D
pic2rx6.jpg

on the auspecious day of august the 26th, our forces march to conquer istanbul
pic3co6.jpg

and even before we have entered anatolia, the turks are sending emmiseries to negotiate. how dishonourable. we dont talk with such worms!:mad:
pic4sr8.jpg

a large chunk of turkish soldiers have been pinned down in the islands of dardanells and cyclades. this will further weaken the already demoralised turkish army which is retreating everywhere.
pic5zd7.jpg

situation on october the 19th, 1941
pic6df3.jpg

attacking antalya
pic7yx4.jpg

...and the turkish capital city ankara
pic8ui0.jpg

situation on november the 1st
pic9mx8.jpg

puny turks once again offer peace. declined ofcourse... the Great King/king of kings/emperor of emperors will accept nothing less than total surrender!!!
pic10gc8.jpg

situation on november the 30th
pic11xy8.jpg

taking the final turkish VP
pic13km6.jpg

turky surrenders
pic14et8.jpg

pic15rp4.jpg

long live the new persian empire and long live her glorious army!!!

that concludes the first part of my AAR. hope you enjoyed it and also hope that you will enjoy the upcoming parts even more:D
pic16bp2.jpg

germany took baku :eek: EDIT: and stalingrad:eek::eek::eek:
i guess that happens when you have Full IC takeover on(germany's base IC must be +300?)

Last edited:
Im quite enjoying this AAR, im curious to see what you will do next. In a Persian game i played a long time ago i attacked the Soviets once it was clear that the Germans would win. I kinda hope you attack India though :D.

Syria and Lebanon! ;D

Wow. Interesting.

If I were you, I would surprise the allies and invade Yemen, Oman, Iraq and Syria and Lebanon. Even fetch the Holy City of Jerusalem. And in the surprise effect you can invade Kuwait, UAE and cyprus with just a single transport+militia. However, you probably lose Yugoslavia and Greece due to english marines. To help this you can join the axis. However, that means you will be at war with Soviet Union as well.

Or you can just invade the Soviets to distract the Soviet forces fighting the Germans.

Difficult choices have to be made! However, i'm subscribed! Nice AAR.

I agree Mattabesta, you need full IC take over with a minor power.... especially considering how little manpower Persia has compared to other countries. The last screenshot he showed had 0 manpower. Thats something I don't like about this game, you would think you would get some manpower from annexing countries.

PART TWO: SERIOUS BUSINESS

CHAPTER ONE: RECRUITING FOR THE BIG WAR
pic0ve8.jpg

a new page has turned in the history of persia. once a fledgeling nation, we are now a sprawling empire, spread over two continents. but we still have not acieved our goal of uniting all the former persian territories, many of whom lie in the control of one or the other superpower. so... we have to fight some tough battles if we want to keep expanding and achieve our goal. our armies must be readied, more rucruits should be taken in.
pic1qc0.jpg

pic2qg7.jpg

after anatolia, it is now the turn of the levant to be incorporated into the new persian empire!!:D
pic3nv9.jpg

our armies march unopposed to damascus, as expected:)
pic4om7.jpg

syria is done
pic6gy4.jpg

meanwhile... situation in africa: poor italians are shrinking rapidly.
pic8gc1.jpg

...and our business in the levant is finished:D
pic9yv0.jpg

in the mean time, vice admiral khan nakhjavan was told to take a few men abord and sail to an undisclosed location near the iberian peninsula. it is believed that the Great King/King of Kings/Emperor of Emperors wishes to set up a foothold in the iberian peninsula and he has soptted a weak link.
pic10vq8.jpg

in the wee hours of february the 23rd, new spreads that the persians have attacked the portuguese.
pic14tq2.jpg

the once-colonial power turns out to be a cakewalk
pic15uj8.jpg

poor portuguese sue for peace, offering some unknown provinces. bad deal!!!:mad:
pic16pk6.jpg

this would be more to our liking...:D
pic17sh6.jpg

the portuguese have no option but to agree since all of their european possesions have fallen to us
pic18fn7.jpg

so, after humiliating the portuguese, we gain our foothold on the iberian peninsula. we will make good use of these...:D:cool:
pic19iq7.jpg