• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CJL78

Duca di Firenze
29 Badges
Oct 15, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Rise of Prussia
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So, this isn't a full-blown AAR but I've been playing a game as Massilia on the newest update and thought it was mildly amusing that liberating/releasing and then allying with with 2 other very similarly named countries helped me to destroy our eternal enemies, the Canaanites of Carthage. Following the conquest of Carthage itself, I leave the few remaining Carthaginian territories for the Numidians to clean up:
3massxlias.jpg

As for my game itself, the newest update has been great, especially the new mission tree for Massilia. Having tried a game as Massilia before, you get the standard "Matter of Transalpine Gaul" mission, which is tough for a coastal trading nation. The new Massilian missions gave me incentive to conquer port cities and the islands, and rewards geared toward building up an empire funded by commerce more than taxes, even while most of my pops are slaves. Makes me think there should be similar generic missions for small, mercantile/naval states other than "Matter of [Region]" (if there are, I have yet to see them)

Also vassalizing many of the tribes just inland from my coast, but as I grew, tribal defensive leagues provided a strong enough deterrent that it wasn't worth expanding too far into the interior vs. conquering ports:
massiliarelations.jpg

So excited for the cultural overhauls in the Menander update, and I hope the promised assimilation reduction is quite noticeable. At the same time, I hope they manage to make assimiliation of "uncivilized" peoples quicker than, say, Greeks. It is believable to me for conquered tribal peoples to assimilate very quickly as their way of life is destroyed, but the Romans destroying nearly all traces of Greek culture in Magna Graecia in a matter of decades is... simply incredible. Much like the Macedonian culture blob that everyone notes
massilia_culture.jpg

Finally, a personal sense of satisfaction as the city of Massalia itself recently took the top spot as the most populated in the world:
massilia_City.jpg

Snapshot of the Massilian nation
nation.jpg

Now for the liberation and re-Hellenization of Magna Graecia...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Interesting...

I'll be following this if you continue.

Massilia is doing well.