• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hashim was not the grandfather of Prothet Muhammad P.B.U.H but rather his great grand father.his grandfather was Abd al-Muttalib and his father was
Abdallah and his mothers name was Āminah who was the daughter of
Wahb ibn Abd Manaf
That is correct and will be modified in the opening post, but there is no need to put it in bold caps lock.

When HF will be out and we will see what different stuff the expansion will present for modders, if the prophet will might be female could she create some kind of enatic islam? Oo

When HF will be out and we will see what different stuff the expansion will present for modders, if the prophet will might be female could she create some kind of enatic islam? Oo
If a plausible path is possible and Holy Fury gives new possibilities, yes.

With the release of HF, do you plan to use the new religious reformation mechanic to add to the customization of Islam in the game? I think it'd be cool to give all religions characteristics using these new mechanics, but I'm sure thats more than a large amount of work

With the release of HF, do you plan to use the new religious reformation mechanic to add to the customization of Islam in the game? I think it'd be cool to give all religions characteristics using these new mechanics, but I'm sure thats more than a large amount of work
Yes, we will look into how and if Holy Fury's mechanics can be used for the Rise of Islam.

I started a game playing a Romano-British duke. With invading Old Saxons and their Germanic pagan conquests, as well as the Pelagian heresy (the historical immersion is great) the moral authority of the Insular religion has dropped to crisis levels. My ruler has the ambition to strengthen the faith; while I get the reasoning behind disabling holy wars, I think it would be fun and not completely historically implausible to have something like a "pious conquest" county CB for Christians — before the Rise of Islam — that can help to fulfill the ambition (which requires holy wars, which are not available for a couple hundred years yet), strengthen moral authority and gain piety. This could work like a border dispute CB on a neighbour county and not amount to a full scale holy war.

I started a game playing a Romano-British duke. With invading Old Saxons and their Germanic pagan conquests, as well as the Pelagian heresy (the historical immersion is great) the moral authority of the Insular religion has dropped to crisis levels. My ruler has the ambition to strengthen the faith; while I get the reasoning behind disabling holy wars, I think it would be fun and not completely historically implausible to have something like a "pious conquest" county CB for Christians — before the Rise of Islam — that can help to fulfill the ambition (which requires holy wars, which are not available for a couple hundred years yet), strengthen moral authority and gain piety. This could work like a border dispute CB on a neighbour county and not amount to a full scale holy war.
This is more of a general note which isn't related to the Rise of Islam itself. What we will do is to at the very modify that ambition so it is possible to fulfil it. I'm not convinced by adding any smaller-scale substitute to the Holy War CB however, mostly because there is already a rather large range of CBs available and because I don't see any concrete historical justification for it.

Now that the new WtWSMS release has arrived, is the Rise of Islam rework going to be more of a focus, or other parts of the mod being focused upon first?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Now that the new WtWSMS release has arrived, is the Rise of Islam rework going to be more of a focus, or other parts of the mod being focused upon first?
We are going to try to focus on the Rise of Islam as well as integrating the latest vanilla map changes (adding Tibet etc), but it will take time since we are still few developers.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So I do not understand... is possible or not to share the mod 'Rise of Islam' with When the World Stopped Making Sense?

Thanks
What mod are you talking about? The sub-mod for a 633 bookmark has not yet been released: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/submod-age-of-faith-633-bookmark.1406534/ That is the only functioning Rise of Islam bookmark mod in development I'm aware of. Once it will be complete you will have to activate both the main mod and the sub-mod. This thread isn't about that though, please keep discussion about the sub-mod to the specific thread. Only discussion about the Rise of Islam event chain in the main mod here.

Sorry, I don't want to bother or similar... I am referring this: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/A.D._633:_Rise_of_Islam
That is a rather old mod for vanilla which to my knowledge hasn't been updated since 2019 and doesn't add any features other than the bookmark for vanilla, so it is a very different philosophy since we aim to give the player a completely different experience. I'm not sure it ever got finished to the point of being playable on the whole map? It doesn't have anything to do with WtWSMS and the sub-mod which will add a 633 start date compatible with the mechanics we add to represent the period.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks so much for your answer. I'm new in WtWSMS and I'm very much impressed by it. I'm playing for the first time since some days ago and I'm enjoying it a lot, congratulations for all the historical details I'm seeing.

I will look for and read more about WtWSMS here in your fora for additional information about the philosophy of WtWSMS and so on.

Merry Christmas, by the way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there an estimate for when the submod will be released? Or is it a side project?
It is neither a submod nor a side project, this thread is a feature concept for the main mod. The sub-mod you are thinking of is probably the one of Garbon: Age of Faith - 633 Bookmark

Last edited:
Ahhh, so it's just at the concept level right now?
It is by no means finished, yes. It is a bit above concept level though since we have the existing Rise of Islam WIP mechanism to work from.