• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sorry to say this but this is getting pretty dull. Can't you go fight against some nation? I mean, with your colonies and everything you should pretty much have the forcelimits, manpower and gold to train a REAL army.

Well, Riga isn't like any other nation. There's no trading. Also, Riga's provinces are spread out and so are her armies.

Riga success is so finely balanced that if she goes to war and her stability drops (due to starting a war) the struggle would quickly drain her of all resources.

Also, at this point I'm only allowed about 11 regiments without going over limit.

I, for one, like AARs that don't involve trying to conquer the planet. Perhaps the writing is a little bare bones, but as Range noted even now Riga's not really strong enough to go on a rampage.

I, for one, like AARs that don't involve trying to conquer the planet. Perhaps the writing is a little bare bones, but as Range noted even now Riga's not really strong enough to go on a rampage.

Thank you for understanding.

But, it also might mean I'm a turtle.

No...I'm no turtle...I'm just learning to play the game different ways,

Last edited:
Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Right!)

Part 4

During the Colonization, Life Went On Elsewhere.

12 November 1575

wk69dv.jpg

In the beginning, Range made sure that the National Ideas were geared toward growing the economy’s growth and expansion.

15 March 1586

• The English offer an alliance. Riga accepts it.

20 August 1592
World News

• Scotland is inherited by England

• The news drove Range nearly insane. He had journeyed with Scotland and made it a great country.

11 November 1598

• France calls Riga to arms against Morocco – but, Riga does not answer (France started the war).

18 September 1611

Range always says the main evil that threatens the common man is its government – on one hand the government protects and provides, but on the other man no one is quite sure of the other hand’s intentions.

He’s often heard to say, “I don’t trust them – but I have to work with them for the betterment of the country.”

2ecerg4.jpg

• …for the betterment of the country?

1zzggsh.jpg

• This makes me wonder as well…and, there were other instances of money coming into the coffers.

7 July 1622

England’s colonies in North America.

fm6fdx.jpg
(photos)

apftbc.jpg

349bgba.jpg

1 September 1658
England owns most of the Eastern Seaboard of North America and a good deal of the territory inland. The Iroquois (a great nation) are being squeezed.

• England calls Riga to arms against the Iroquois.

• Riga answers the call immediately as the Iroquois attacked the English.

• Range leads one cavalry regiment to the new world.

• One regiment, but on 10 February 1659 - They arrived just in the nick of time to assist the English in the battle of Powhaten.

• Powhaten is a victory mainly due to the all out charge of the Riga cavalry as they slammed into the Iroquois’ and stopped their advance on the English’s line that was faltering.

• 1 July 1659 – The war is over.

14 March 1667

2e30lfs.jpg

2iifrte.jpg

30j0mjo.jpg

Notice the types of troops? The infantry was the first upgrade. It's hard to fight a war with these types of troops. Also, I have a limit of 16 regiments.

11vh7uq.jpg

Riga - Range's Sabbatical (Yeah sure)

Part 4 – Bahamas – The Forgotten Paradise

Shortly after the Great Chief had died, Range had left these islands. He returned in 1689 to begin building a Temple.

19 July 1690

9ghsu0.jpg

14u9bg2.jpg

315gb3a.jpg

11 October 1739

• Teutonic Order’s African colonies are under attack by the Mali.

• Arquin has fallen. Riga’s units (3000 made up of Janissary infantry, Spahi cavalry and simple cannons) set off from Rio De Oro to take it back)

• They are led by Colonel Rogi.

• His army although three thousand strong, are little more than criminals. Of their numbers about a third of them are loyal to Riga.

• The fort at Arquin is the only thing that stands between them and victory.

• No sooner had they taken the fort the war was over.

Spring 1742

• Colonel Rogi’s army was still in Rio De Oro when the next war began.

• The Teutonic Order believing that Rogi’s forces would join them if a war started, declared war on the Mali.

• They were sadly mistaken. Riga’s forces had a standing order “we do not start wars” we finish them.

• When they realized their folly, it was too late.

• The war with Mali became a nightmare for the Teutonic Order. Their forces had retreated from the small province of Rio De Oro to defend the larger province of Arquin.

• That left the fort of 1000 men to defend Rio De Oro and, its 1231 people.

• The King of the Mali had kept his warriors from attacking Rogi’s forces. “This is not your war,” the chief warned, “leave and never return.”

• Rogi’s forces watched helplessly as the Mali warriors surrounded the fort.

• The small amount of provisions that Rogi’s troops could gather before the Mali forces raided the storehouses would not last for long.

• There were no transport at the dock to take them to Cape Verde…they had been sunk by a freakish storm. So, they were stranded.

• If relief did not come…or if new transports did not soon, arrive, Rogi’s forces would starve.

• Yet, with his forces facing certain death, Rogi’s concern turned to the poor citizens of Rio De Oro that were inside the fort.

• Accompanied by a (white) flag bearer and a drummer, Colonel Rogi marched up from the peer to where the King of the Mali’s sat on his makeshift throne. “King of the great Mali…I have come to plead for the safe evacuation of the people of Rio De Oro.”

• “What do the people of Rio De Oro mean to me?

• “There are children and woman within that fort that meant you and your people no harm. Is it your custom to kill innocents?”

• The King reared up, fuming, but refrained from answering right away. Thinking of his position, the King then softened. Retaking his seat, he ordered, “Go to them and tell them that the women and children can go free…but the soldiers and the other men will be left behind.”

• The attack on the fort was immediately stopped to allow the Colonel to explain was the Mali king had agreed to and to prepare the exodus.

• A half hour later 700 woman and children, led by Colonel Rogi walked out of the fort with only the clothes on their backs and what little provisions they could carry.

• Rogi’s army what was left of them, after the desertions, formed protective ranks on both sides of the women and children.

• As they moved slowly past the Mali King Colonel Rogi could only hope that the ruler would keep his word and allow the non-combative of the fort to go free.

• When they reached the peer, Colonel Rogi wasted no in time in ordering his officers to begin setting up barricades for defense.

• Two weeks later, the barricades were still in place. The King of the Mali had kept his word so far.

• The food was almost out quarter rations had been the rule of the day for over a week.

• A guard on duty, tired and starving, his eyes blurred could not hardly believe what he saw. “There are ships on the horizon,” he cried.

• Those that could, rushed to the barricades with hope of salvation.

• Colonel Rogi peered out and sighed with relief. “They are ours…transports.”

• When I stepped upon the peer, no one could believe their eyes.

• “Are you and your men and your charges ready to leave this cursed place,” I asked.

• “We are ready…but, who are you?”

• “I’m Range’s daughter Erin.”

The fort at Rio De Oro eventually fell. The records show that 1000 soldiers died there. No where is there a mention of the 500 others that died defending the fort.

The non-combatants were taken back to Riga where they eventually returned to their family and friends.

4 October 1743

The countries of Europe had always been at war with one another. But, now it would appear that the big boys on the block were about to bring their wars to the new world.

The following is the letter Range sent to the King of Riga (months earlier) regarding what he considered a growing threat to their country’s interests.

My King, the one that God ordained to rule the great country of Riga:

As you are aware we are entering a very troubling time. Our trusted ally the English have been exchanging angry words between the King of Castille.

Castille’s allies have already begun to ready themselves for war.

Time will come that we will have to choose whether to remain a ally with England, or cut ties.

I wait for your decree on the actions we shall take.

Your Faithful servant,
Range.

(Range had hoped that the king would decide to end the alliance with England and take France as an ally instead. France had already contacted the King Riga for an alliance.

Even in these times it was common for ally countries to exchange adjutants, usual diplomats or occasionally army officers to live and work with their allied countries to smooth over any friction that might arise between their countries.

During this time, Range had set up shop in the Bahamas. His English adjutant was Major Bonnet.

Major Bonnet:

• Born in London, England on 2 May 1718

• Cousin of Marie Louise Giradot (of Paris)

• His cousin, Marie Louise Giradot seven years later would become the mother of John Andre. (A British major that was hung during the American Revolution as a spy)

• Range didn’t like him as he thought the Major fancied himself too much.

• Some thought that Range judged the man too harshly.

• It has been said that the man was quite likeable. But, Range had his reasons for not trusting him.

That evening the people of the Bahamas threw a celebration that Rica footed much of the bill for.

There were two celebrations going on that night, one outside for the poor and one inside for the rich.

In the main hall, various dignitaries were in attendance. Major Bonnet was in attendance

• While Bonnet was speaking to a lady, he tried to strike up a conversation with Range as he was moving past them.

• “Ah, Range…excuse me sir. I must complement you on this magnificent ball.”

• “You’re welcome,” said Range, holding a dispatch.

• “One day you should come to London so my country could return the favor.”

• “That would be swell,” said Range. “But, first we should consider some upcoming business with Castille…”

• “You must excuse me,” said Range as he made it a point to allow the Major to see the King’s seal on the dispatch, before turning to move away.

• As Range hurried away, both Major Bonnet and the lady watched move.

• They watched with great interest as Range was soon met by two military advisors just outside a small meeting room. The three of them soon entered the room.

• The lady moved closer to the Major to explain, “The room next to theirs is a windowless storeroom. The wall between the two rooms has a small vent that would allow one to listen to all that is being said in either room.”

• Colonel Bonnet nodded, before heading off to the storeroom.

• Less than a minute later, the door to the meeting slowly opened. A servant named Noah (Michael’s descendant) peered into the room and nodded to signal that all was set.

• “Gentlemen,” said Range, loud enough for the Major in the storeroom to hear. “Months ago I sent a letter to the King of Riga.”

• “The King…is fully aware of the problems that such a war would bring?” Captain Benton asked, carefully.

• “Yes…he is. If we side with English we will lose many of provinces. If we choose to stay neural we lose a great and noble ally.”

• “And, his answer?”

• “The King feels as I do…we will stand beside our ally.” Range then began to leave the room, motioning for the officers to talk it up between themselves.

• In the next room, Major Bonnet had been listening to every word that had been and what was to be shared in the next room.

• When he thought he had heard enough, the Major slipped out of the room. He closed the door ever so carefully. When he turned to move away from the room he came face to face with Range who was waiting for him outside the storeroom door

• Major Bonnet was startled and came to full halt.

• Range was furious as he said, “Find out anything?” he asked with a stern look. “Major go back to England and tell your king what you heard…Riga will stand beside our ally England…just as long as the English are in a honest war.”

• “Which means?” Major Bonnet asked, being quite indignant.

• “A war that they didn’t start, nor wanted”

• “Yes, sir.”

• The Riga officers then came out of the room to join Range.

• Range began to leave with them, but stopped to give warning. “And, Major… don’t dare travel to any of our provinces…for the moment you step onto any of our shores you’ll be slapped into irons and I’ll hang you the very next day as a spy…and, no one will ever be the wiser, nor find your body.”

• Thus, the saying proves out - Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. In this case the alliance was close enough…he didn’t need Bonnet. By sending the man packing Range was telling England that he did not trust them.

• Even at this point Range wasn’t finished. “And, Major Bonnet…one more thing…this morning I took the liberty to purchase you passage on the Andre…it’s awaiting for you to board to take you and your belongings back to England. It leaves in an hour…be on it.”

• A few years later England gave a Call to Arms – Riga did not answer the call. England had started a war with Leinster. (Leinster was Range’s first Journey – see “Ireland Forever”.)

• England never again was Riga’s ally…and good riddance!

• Shortly after the severing alliance with England, France became an ally to Riga. But, that was short lived.

• For the next few years, Riga began a military build up. The purpose behind this build up was that if Riga went to war they would be able to retaliate…lose one province…gain a province…strike where the enemy is the weakest…and even the score.

• A strong navy with plenty of transports was key to the plan.

• If war was coming…they would be ready.

Last edited:

By the way I read a bit of your ARR on the revolution...you're a very good writer...you're very imaginative. You put my AARs to shame. I plan to reread the entire ARR this weekend.

Regarding Riga's strength - it could never have a decent military - by 1667 - My land regiment limit (even with all the colonization) was only 16. As for the types of troops - they were just Janissary infantry and Spahi cavalry.

However, by the way that I selected to play this game all of the large countries in Europe are very friendly to Riga.

Europa allows games to be played differently...and, that makes it the best game I've ever played.

Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure!)

Part 5

Tidore

• Dec 1768 – Colony started

2ewcpiu.jpg

• 11 May 1774 - After two groups of colonists had failed to reach the settlement on Tidore, Range orders a regiment of regulars to go to the island and wipe out the 500 natives there.

• This move is considered little more than murder. The new colonist had perished in storms on their way to the island and not by the hands of the natives of Tidore.

July 4, 1776

• The blockade (made up of three Riga Galleons) about the Rebel held island of Antigua is lifted.

• Antigua is considered as a core by Castille even though the rebels have held the island for over 40 years.

• Ever so often over the years Castille returned to fight over the island, but never prevailed.

• The orders to end the blockade had been set down in stone and passed to the islands three years ago and to take effect on this very day. The hostilities toward the Rebels on Antigua would cease forever more.

3 March 1786

• With the coming of this day my father began to change. It was over an anniversary of sorts that was quickly approaching – one of sorrow.)

• Learning that Venice had a successful colony in Luanda was too much for him to bear. The memories began to haunt him.

• Over the next few months friends slowly began to distance themselves from his side or mysteriously disappear until he found himself utterly alone…even I was missing from his side.

• In my case, he avoided me as if I was a leper.

10 July 1786

• Father breaks from his now common behavior of staying apart from everyone to visit an old friend, Henri Clarke…a noble.

• “Range…what is that I can do for you?”

• “Are you able to get the names of colonists at Luanda?”

• “I might be able to…but, why?”

• “I’d rather not say…I just need to see those names.”

• “That’s a strange request, Range…but, for you anything.”

Luanda – It is situated on the west coast of Africa near the equator. Its main trade was slavery – Today, in our world it is known as Angola.

It is also the place of the beginning of my father’s sorrow and his problems that was about to rear its ugly head.

(Luanda was a Scottish colony in Range’s second journey See - “Scotland the Brave, the strong and the Free” – 10 July 1786)

11 July 1786

• The next morning Range paid another call on his friend Henri Clarke.

• To Range’s horror, he finds the body of Henri Clarke laying face down in a pool of blood.

• He had been brutally murdered…bludgeoned to death with a poker from his hearth.

21 July 1786

• There has been talk – Dad is showing signs of paranoia.

• Some hold the opinion that he murdered Henri Clarke.

• His actions are of a crazed man. He orders a military buildup in Riga to prepare for possible hostilities between Lithuania and Riga.

• Clearly, Lithuania is no threat. They have their own problems to deal with (rebel uprising). Besides, Lithuania deeply respects Riga. But, they are gaining distrust for my father.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Just keep writing a story instead of saying every little colony you make and I won't complain.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Just keep writing a story instead of saying every little colony you make and I won't complain.

That's a deal.

Range’s Sabbatical (Yeah Sure!) – The Church against the Crown.

Part Five

23 July 1786

• There is a split between Riga’s National Military Academy (who stand for the Crown) and the academy for the Royal Church’s Protectors (which will one day go to Rome to defend the Pope).

• Angry words have been exchanged which are leading to swordfights between the schools.

• To date no one has been seriously injured, but with each passing day the numbers of incidents and the number of participants taking part in each incident are growing.

• The reason for the two military schools is simple enough to explain. The Crown must be protected and so does the Pope.

• Since 8 August 1485 Riga has been an elector for the Holy Roman Empire.

• One of the provisions that an Elector carries out is to send one-third of its army allotment to Rome to protect the Pope.

• Thus, the reason for the two academies.

• However, the cadets of the Royal Church’s Protectors are becoming too consumed with their charge and will draw their sword on anyone that has the slightest harsh word for the Pope or the church.

• To date no one has been seriously injured.

• That afternoon Range was taking a leisurely stroll in the plaza when he heard the familiar sound of swords being hastily drawn.

• The clank and the sound of metal being drawn against metal made his blood run cold.

• Three cadets from the Royal Church’s Protectors were taking two cadets from the National Order.

• Range’s blood now began to boil, one of the cadets from the National Order he knew. “Chris…”

• Range then sprung into action, yelling like a lunatic as he charged headlong into the fracas, accidentally knocking Chris’ comrade to the ground.

• Range easily bested the two that were on Chris’ friend, driving the away.

• He then turned on their leader, pushing Chris out the way.

• As Range knock the sword from the leading attacker’s hand, the youth fell backwards upon the stones.

• “I had no idea how well you could use a sword, sir,” said the Chris.

• “I had a good teacher the best the world has ever known General Angus McDonald.”

• “Who?” Chris asked.

• The leader of the gang of the Royal Church’s Protectors snarled, with the tip of Range’s sword still pointed close to his throat. “So, now Range, you take up arms against the church,” he charged bitterly.

• “Hold you tongue lad…I take no sport out of besting you, nor should you holding an advantage of three to two.”

• Say…you there,” said a headmaster from the academy of the Royal Church’s Protectors. “Hold off!”

• The headmaster then hurried toward range and his student.

• The student on the ground knew well what he was doing when lifted into Range’s sword puncturing his throat slightly.

• The headmaster was appalled as he knelt down to the lad of seventeen. “Range what did you do?”

• “I did nothing,” replied Range, “my sword never changed it level…he must have lifted into my blade to cause the wound.”

• “This is a matter for the King to decide the Truth,” scowled the old man.

• The King’s answer to the matter was simple. He sided with Range. “Range merely went to break up a match between cadets. The accident of the cutting of young cadet’s throat although grievous was not serious…he shall recover…let this be the end the matter.

• Just outside the throne room, the headmaster of the Royal Church’s Protectors fumed as he stopped Range to exchange answer words. “You have not heard the last of this…the die has been cast.” With that he turned with the cadet from the square and angrily walked away.

• Range knew what his words meant…it meant war between the academies.

• When Range returned to his home, he went straight to his bedroom to a chest at the foot of his bed and pulled out a sack. Reaching into the sack he pulled out a rather sturdy top half of a broken wooden cane. On the top of the cane was a rounded knob.

• Suddenly, Range was no longer alone in his bedroom.

• He had visitor, a ghost named Eoin. (See – Scotland the Brave, the strong and the Free – 31 December 1792.)

• “There will be a great amount of blood spilled this day,” said Eoin.

• “Well, not if I have anything to do with…I’m going to stop the trouble before it begins. Do you remember when you gave me this,” Range asked, holding up the broken cane-club.”

• Suddenly there outside in the streets came the sounds of angry words, soon followed by the slashing of swords against swords.

• “Hurry, Range the battle has already begun!”

• Range hurried as fast he could to the street. As soon as he had reached the street he could not believe his eyes. The battle had come to his very doorstep.

• Already several cadets from both sides had taken a death cut.

• The rushing foot steps of the Riga’s regulars were heard to be rushing to the scene to break up the struggle.

• But, Range couldn’t wait…lifting what was now little more than a club he began laying the peacemaker down upon the heads of both sides.

• The club’s victims quickly began to fall into heaps upon the stones of the street and walkways, rendered unconscious by Range’s club.

• As the army began to arrive on the scene, they at first marveled at the sight of Range bopping the cadets on the head. They laughed until their Colonel snarled and ordered them to assist Range in bringing the unruly mob under control.

• The King was happy when hearing the word of the disturbance.

• He made a decree that any citizen that wished to become a cadet for the Royal Church’s Protectors would have to attend a Riga school that would be built in Rome.

• The current Royal Church’s Protectors academy would be shut down.

• It seems that the King was tired of defending the Church of Rome and having a third of his army (which he paid for and continued to support) in Rome.

• Here was a way for the King to in time cut ties with the Church of Rome.

Great story this time too, just keep on writing like this. By the way now you made me read that other AAR with Scotland so I can find out how he got that club!

Great story this time too, just keep on writing like this. By the way now you made me read that other AAR with Scotland so I can find out how he got that club!

He...He...He...

Thank you for looking into it.

m-m-m, you gave me an idea maybe I should tie all my AARs together.:rofl:

Range's sabbatical (Yeah Right!)

Part 6

August 1786

• In his attempt to forever fortify Riga, Range hired a Italian Fortification genius over the objections of many of the King’s court.

• “The man is mad,” angrily protested Prince Gruber, a long time enemy of Range.

• “Who,” asked Huntz, a friend of Gruber, “the Italian or Range?”

• Gruber turned angrily, fuming over his friend’s jest. “Something has to be done about this man before he leads his into war and utter destruction.”

• “The man has certain talents…that the King believes he cannot do without,” Huntz argued softly.

• Gruber looked into Huntz’s eyes, placing his hands upon his friend’s shoulders. “I have spies in the taverns that say that they will carry a grudge against Range to their grave.” He paused to pose his thought in his thoughts in mind. “Colonel Strickland is one of these men.”

• “The former commandant of the Royal Church’s Protectors academy?”

• “All the man needs to go over the edge and attack Range.”

• The man would never survive a straight attack.”

• “What would it matter, either way we might be rid of range once and for all.”

• “The King would protect Range…”

• “Even against the power of Rome?”

• One night, after a rain had subsided, Colonel Strickland challenged Range to a duel within the streets of Riga commons.

• Range at first would have nothing to do with it. “Go away…and sleep it off,” he told the Colonel, with honest good humor. But, but when Colonel Strickland cut Range, he lashed out at his attacker.

• The Colonel didn’t stand a chance against Range’s skill with the sword.

• Range was blinded by the fruits of Angus’ tutorage. Before he knew it or could regain his senses the Colonel was laying in a puddle upon the cold stones.

(Angus "General Angus McDonald" a good friend of Range from the AAR "Scotland the Brave, the strong and the Free" - May 1453-1500)

• Range stared down at the noble Colonel who’s blood was soon spreading within the puddle. “What could prompt you to make such a foolish move?” Range asked.

• The poor colonel would make no reply, at least upon this world. He was dead.

• Gruber could not wait to approach the Holy Roman Empire to fill them in about what had happened. Of course, his details were far from the truth.

• “So,” said inquisitor Mancourt, “it is time for us to deal with this vile serpent.”

Last edited:
Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure!")

Part 7 -

9 June 1790

• Two months later Range was brought before the King of Riga in chains and was thrown down upon his knees before his majesty.

• “Range,” said the King, “I can longer have you live among us.” The Monarch then paused to reflect on his alternatives. “My advisors have suggested that the Crown do away with you.”

• Gruber smiled, finding it hard to keep from snickering with glee.

• “In keeping with what you Range have done for Riga…I will reward you your just payment for services rendered.”

• “What?” Gruber mumbled in disbelief.

• “There is a small Riga colony on the far side of the world called Tidore. This will be your new home until…” The King paused not knowing how to finish his thought (he knew Range was eternal). You will remain on this Tidore forever, or until your travels are done under the penalty of death if you shall ever leave on your own accord.”

• “My King is most kind,” Range said bowing his body and head to the floor.

• The King then motioned for his advisor to move to Range’s side.

• Range looked up at the advisor that was soon standing over him.

• “Present him with the deed,” demanded the King.

• Range took the scroll that the advisor out to him. He carefully removed the ribbon band that was tied about the scroll and began to unroll the parchment to begin reading its words. Range was amazed at what the parchment said and soon stared up at the King on his throne.

• “My King,” said Range. “This document states that I’m the ruler of Tidore.”

• “What?” Gruber exclaimed, before placing his hands over his mouth to silence himself.

• “And, as it is fitting for a new monarch,” said the King, “there should be no chains upon him…remove the chains at once and take Range the First to his kingdom.”

Range would have no army to command on his island kingdom. The forces there would of course remain until a suitable force (one’s loyal to Range) could relieve them.

Part 8

9 October 1790

2unvt77.jpg

• The Range’s Island Kingdom, or Range’s Monarch Republic of Tidore – “Long Reign the King – Range the First”

• Tidore is a Volcanic island of the Maluku group, Indonesia. Because of the volcano the island has rich fertile soil that allows cotton, maize, fruit and spices to be grown at the north end of the island where it's lower in elevation and flatter.

• Much of the 45 square miles island is dominated by the symmetrical shaped volcanic cone in the south.

• The first manner of business that Range did upon stepping ashore on Tidore was to assure that the colonists that were already on the island remained.

• He accomplished this by hurriedly issuing his first proclamation in a letter to the people of Tidore…Tidore’s Bill of Rights.

The Tidore Bill of Rights pretty much copied what is stated in the America’s bill of Rights (Of course there was no America at this time.)

England was strong and boasted of colonies throughout North America… There had never been an American Revolution to be fittingly called a revolution (merely riots that were easily put an end to by the great power).

England’s provinces in North America stretched from Kespck/Hochelega in the North East, to Pawee in the North West and Karankawa in the South West to Muskogee and Apalche in the South east (and everywhere in between)

The Tidore’s Bill of Rights issued in one document:

To the people of the newly formed Monarch Republic of Tidore:

Preamble
The following are the god-given rights of every citizen, young or old, peasant or nobleman of Free Monarch Republic of Tidore.
Amendments
Article One
• Along with these rights are rules that the government and the people of Tidore shall follow.
A. The government shall never make laws establishing one religion as a national region over another, or prohibiting the free exercise of any religion.
B. The government shall never make laws that would abridge the freedom of speech, or the press.
C. All citizens have the right of peaceable assembly.
D. All citizens of Tidore have the right to petition their Government to set right grievances.

Article Two
A. All citizens have the right to keep and to bear arms, and shall not be infringed upon.
B. A well regulated militia shall be necessary to the security of our free nation.
C. Every citizen from the age of nineteen through twenty-two shall be listed within the Militia (that one went over like a lead balloon.) And, in time of war they can be called upon to rejoined the militia up to the age of forty.

Article Three
• Protection from quartering troops
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Article Four

Well you get the point…Tidore’s Bill of Rights pretty much covered everything that the American Bill of Rights and its amendments do… with a few points thrown in for good measure.

13 April 1792

• On the strength of Tidore’s Bill of Rights Tidore quickly became a bustling city of 1027 people.

Last edited:

4 June 1792

Part 9 - The war of the Teutonic Order

• The Teutonic Order had been declaring war so many times over the years. But, this time when they declared war on Lithuania it seemed that the entire world was against them. The Argon, Sweden and Sardinia soon joined ranks against them.

• The King’s advisor’s, Gruber for one, urged the King to declare war on the Teutonic Order. “We can take multiple provinces from the Teutonic Order if we act now,” they said. “We could take Estland to our North and Rio De Oro on Africa’s eastern coast before they even knew it.”

• The King was beside himself, as he felt more alone than ever before. “You ask me to act, but where is the man that had truly advised the Kings of Riga. I’ll tell you where, because of you I have exiled him on an island far-far away.”

• Back in his home, Gruber began to pace nervously.

• His friend Huntz asked, “Why are you so concern with a man that is so far away?

• “Because the man still has a hold on this nation…his reach is enormous…it is as if he has our very own King under some devilish spell.”

• “That’s ridiculous.”

• “Is it…yesterday I went to Ministry of Trade to inquire when we would begin sending Merchants out to the various markets.”

• “And?” Huntz asked.

• “The man in charge stated that Riga had no intention of employing Foreign Market Merchants…in fact he went on to say Riga has not had a need for a Market Merchant since before 1453.”

• “Rage has always contended that Merchants caused only friction in the world,” explained Huntz. “So, Riga has not seen a use for them.”

• “I arrest my case.”

• Huntz sighed, before suggesting, “If you are under the belief that Range must be dealt with…I have heard of a woman who has sort of a grudge against him that might help our cause.”

• “Let us employ this woman without delay, before the King has the chance to recall Range from his Island kingdom.”

Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure!"

Part 10
First Part of The Finale: Range Sabbatical (Yeah Right!)

4 October 1792
Tidore – Late Night

• Range was awakened by the crash of his front door being splintered open.

• “What is the meaning of this,” Range yelled out from his stairway.

• An old Colonel that Range had never seen before stared up at him. “Would you be Range?”

• “For your sake I am,” replied Range, “for if I’m not you’ve broken down the wrong door in the middle of the night.”

• “You’ve been ordered to come with us,” said the Colonel.

• “By who’s authority…certainly not the King’s.”

• “No, sir,” replied the Colonel rudely, “by a much higher authority than any earthly king.”

• Range stared down at the Colonel and eyed the large red color cross symbol on the front of the man’s shirt. “Oh…so, this is the work of the Holy Roman Empire is it.”

• “Hold your tongue sir…you are already in much grievous trouble.”

• “So, using the term grievous wasn’t enough for you...you had to add much in front of it,” quipped Range. “So, what’s the charges?”

• “You’ll know soon enough.”

• “So, why the secret?”

• “Put him in irons,” sternly ordered the Colonel to his men. “We leave on the morning tide, but now we keep a watch.”

• “What do you have a regiment out there?” Asked Range. “Do you think they’ll be enough to keep me chained up.”

• With a bar and chain already tightened securely about his wrists, Range couldn’t keep from making fun. He began to rattle his chains as he made a spooky sound, “W-o-o – w-o-o…” Then with a low tone he mimicked a voice in the wind saying “Be…ware…of…Range.”

• The colonel having enough of the foolishness turned angrily away.

• Range laughed at his play. Then, looking at the corporal that was just finishing locking the bar and chains about his ankles, Range asked, “What’s eating your colonel?”

4 October 1792
Next Morning

• Range was awakened to the rush of rushing feet. The beating of the drums told the order…form lines the enemy is upon us.

• The colonel’s aid rushed through the open door. “Colonel we are surrounded,” said the man, nervous over the report he had come to deliver.”

• “We can’t be surrounded captain,” growled the colonel. “There’s only a garrison of one thousand men on this island. That makes our position as even odds.”

• “But, sir,” said the captain that would be true if not for the reinforcements that have just arrived from the sea to strength their position…and there’s the townspeople…which swells their force well over three times our numbers.”

• From outside the house my angry voice carried to the colonel’s ears. “Release my father and unharmed this instant, or face my wrath.” With me were over 1100 men of Rogi’s old army corp.

• Range began to try to talk some sense into the colonel. “Colonel, I hope you’re not thinking what I think you’re thinking…because if you are its suicide. That’s my daughter out there and she sounds pretty steamed. When she gets that way even I wouldn’t want to go up against her. Now, if I were you I’d tell my troops to lay down their arms and let me go out there and have a little talk with them.”

• “I will do no such thing.”

• “Even if I promise to go peacefully back to Rome with you?”

• The colonel turned to Range to see if my father was to be trusted.”

• Range moving his bar and chain on his wrists about, made a cross over his heart with his large thumbs. “Cross my heart…”

• “All right,” said the colonel before sighing.

• “Colonel, have a heart,” said Range. “The chains…my daughter will never understand them…if you think she’s mad now…”

• “Unchain him,” the colonel ordered abruptly, after considering his position.

• A moment later Range stepped through the doorway and was greeted by a chorus of “Hoo-ray…hoo-ray!”

• He moved up to me and in an instant I knew by observing his steps and the tone upon his face I was not going to like what he was about to say to me.

• “Thanks for coming,” he said, before looking about at all the brave hearts that had rose to rescue him. “I didn’t know we still had so many friends.”

• “Father,” I said, before he silenced me with a simple lifting of his finger to his lips.

• “I’m going to accompany the good colonel and his men back to Rome.”

• “Father,” I began to plead. “Think of what you are doing...”

• “I don’t want any more blood on my conscious.” He then tenderly wiped the tear from my eyes. “I guess I haven’t been much good as a father. No matter what happens remember I love you.” He then turned to move back into the house.

• Once inside the house, Range looked at the teardrop that was now safely nestled in the palm. “Colonel…do you have a handkerchief?”

• “Why yes,” said the colonel.

• “Could I have it?”

• He moved to Range’s holding the small folded handkerchief out. He was curious over what my father wanted it for.

• “Can I keep it for good?” Range asked.

• He nodded yes, soon handing the simple piece of cloth over to Range. He then watched as father carefully placed my tear in the center of the cloth for safekeeping. (it’s drippy I know - but, that’s that the action that’s called for here.)

• The colonel was known to be a tough old bird. Buy, at that moment he was at ease. “I too, once had a daughter,” he whispered to Range in confidence.

• As Range folded the cloth and placed it safely in his pocket, he went on to say, “Well, Colonel the tide is in shouldn’t we be off to Rome.”

• “It is,” he replied sadly. “And, indeed we should go.”

• For a moment Range and the old Colonel just stared into each other eyes searching for the truth about the other. Somewhere between the time they began searching and the words from the corporal, they struck a gentlemen’s agreement.

• “Sir…should I secure this man in chains now?” The corporal asked.

• “It will not be necessary,” replied the colonel.

Part 11
The Final part – Finally: Range Sabbatical (Yeah Right!)

In Rome…Range was rushed before the inquisitor Mancourt. Immediately upon seeing Range, the inquisitor threw a fit. “You bring this man before me and he’s not in chains!”

• “There is no need to fear him. He came on his own accord,” said the old colonel.

• “That might be true as you say…but, I would feel much better if he were in chains.”

• The poor old Colonel turned to Range as if to offer an apology.

• Range, understanding the Colonel’s predicament, smiled and nodded to say that it was all right.

• As the chains were being put on, Range couldn’t help himself from saying something for the moment. Watching Mancourt glancing over some documents, Range asked, “Is there a long list of crimes that I’m supposed to have done?”

• Mancourt stared angrily at Range, before returning to his briefs, mumbling to himself. “The man has only been here but a few moments and he is already maddening.” Turning his attention to the colonel he told the colonel to leave.

• “You know, not for nothing,” said Range, “but couldn’t you have done your reading before I arrived…my time is valuable you know.”

• “The charges against you are numerous.”

• "You do know it’s customary for the accused to know the name of his accuser."

• "In due time ... however, let me warn you that your accuser is well received in Riga."

• Mancourt then waved his hand to have the scribe begin taking notes. "It has come to our attention of some hideous dealings that you have been accused of. You will answer whether the information is true or not. Do you understand?"

• I understand that this is little more than a kangaroo court.

• Let it show in the records that the accuse understands the directions." Mancourt then became very grim in his approach. "Range ... let me be perfectly clear ... the charges if proven accurate carry a death sentence ... and, all your deeds shall be wiped from the annals of history."

• "So much for the merits of history," Range quipped.

• "It is true that during the time you were let us say employed by the King of Riga you had twelve different councils."

• "That is true."

• "And, what happened to the men that sat in these councils?

• "Well, they died..."

• “But, the death of many of these men weren’t actually documented is that so?”

• “Oh, they died all right…I have no doubts about that…You know no one lives forever.”

• “Yes…quite so,” replied Mancourt, frowning as he stared at Range.

• Range’s smile stretch from ear to ear as he exchanged stares with Mancourt.

• "Or, just disappeared? How convenient. Let's see twelve councils six per board, my God that's seventy-two men." Mancourt then took a moment to composed himself before continuing. "I would also like to review the untimely death of Henri Clarke ... he was brutally slain was he not?"

• "It was horrible ... I found him ... we had scheduled a meeting when he didn't show I became concerned and went to his manor and I found him in his study ... he was a good man ... and, a good friend of mine."

• "It's amazing that you're still able to have friends," said a familiar female voice. She had just entered the room from behind Dad. “... seeing so many lifeless bodies tend to lead to your door."

• It was Lillith (See Scotland the Brave, the strong, and the Free.) returned from the dead.

• "Your accuser Range ... Lady Boyle. I think you two are acquainted?"

• "Lillith Boyle, I should have known you were behind this." Range was surprised that Mancourt could see Lillith and that the man didn't appear disturbed by the sight of her.

• "As I said before ... you can run Range ... but, you can never hide."

• "Range maybe you can shed some light on the disappearance of an English army officer a Major Bonnet.. .he too disappeared many years ago? We have two eyewitness accounts that you threatened the young officer. Then, he mysteriously vanished on route to London from the Bahamas."

• At that moment my father and Lillith stepped out of time. Mancourt, remaining motionless outside the boundary they were in, never knew what was taking place.

• Range looked at Lillith and asked, "I would have thought that the many natives that we fought would have been enough to satisfy your blood lust."

• "Oh, my dear Range ... don't you know it's not the number of natives that are killed," she said before she moved close to Range to whisper in his ear. "It is you that I am after. As for the savages I'm unable to cross their sacred lands to do them any harm."

• "After you have your pound of flesh, then what?"

• "Let's see," she said as if savoring the thought, "wherever you go, I'll be there."

• "Or, until I find out your true name,” said Range.

• "You fool…that is why poor Henri had to die...any life that touches you dies." She then spied the small cloth that held Erin’s tear and pulled it from Range’s pocket. She held the cloth to her nose and smelled it. “Ah…how sweet Erin’s tear.”

• “Give it back,” Range ordered.

• Lillith’s wicked laugh soon began to echo as she faded from view.

• Suddenly, my father sprung up within his bed. It was another morning. The horrible nightmare had vanished as Lillith’s wicked laugh faded into nothing. The journey had come to an end.

• Range got dressed and went out to survey the surrounding. There was nothing but hills and grassy knolls all about. As he continued to look about, wondering where he was, he came up upon a short hay stack. And, to his surprise from around the corner of that hay stack there she came.

• “Mildred,” said Range surprised to see an old friend. “What are you doing here?”

4givll.jpg

• “Moo!”

• He paused, realizing where he was. “I’m back in the Highlands.”

Last edited:
I never would have expected that! Keep up the great story!

My friend, I have you to thank...you showed me the errors of my ways.

Errors? You ain't doing no errors!