• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BlackPrince

Captain
3 Badges
Mar 7, 2010
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
As promised to DDRJake, NIs for Riga his favorite country. Things worth to mention, the Divine Ideas which Riga has now, completely doesn't fit, sure it was Archbishopric, but the rulers of Riga cared more about trade and keeping status of Riga as a free city.

Traditions

+25% Fort defense

+5% Discipline

As the city established by soldiers I gave it militaristic traditions.

“Portus antiquus” – Settlement known as Duna Urbs was first recorded in 2nd Century. Established by Livs has become known Baltic port, later Vikings made it their trade port supporting their between Scandinavia, Russia and Byzantine Empire. We should also seize opportunity and use it to achieve our objectives.

“Livonian Crusade” – City of Riga was main city from which crusaders lead out their armies against pagans from Livonia. With the help of Order of Livonian Brothers of the Sword city resisted sieges held Livs and Latgalians.

“Kulturträger”– Bishop Albert of Riga is known to us as the founder of Riga, a „bringer of culture”, He ntroduced the Visby code of law and initiated our partnership with Lübeck. This and obtaining papal bulls which decreed that all German merchants had to conduct their Baltic trade through Riga, greatly improves our ties with Holy Roman Empire.

“Drittel” – Due to our trade agreements with Lübeck, we have become one of the first members of Hanseatic League. Now after Visby has been conquered by Denmark and plundered by Victual Brothers, Riga rised to the position of Chief City for Gothlandian-Livonian-Swedish Drittel. It gives us more control over the Baltic Trade.

“House of Blackheads” - The Brotherhood of Blackheads, an association established in Estonia to protect Christians has founded agency in Riga in XIV century. Unlike in the other parts of Livonia, in Riga it’s function was more as to keep the order than actually fight the pagans. Even long after last pagan being converted, it functioned as social organization that sponsored events, such as parties and concerts, and collected objects of fine art.

“Protestant Influence” – Close trade relations with merchants from North Germany and Scandinavia made us an easy target for Protestant Reformation. The trial by water of statue of the Virgin Mary deemed her as a witch. This only proves the corruption of Catholic Church.

(would be nice if there was some flavour event for Riga about them converting to Protestantism, I don't think I have ever seen them doing it in game)

“Between East and West” – Fur, timber, wax and grain, these trade goods are highly wanted by western markets. We should encourage our Merchants to extend our influence far to the East to provide constant flow of these products.

Ambitions

+25% Religious unity

Suomenusko, then Romuva, Norse religion, Catholicism, Lutheranism, Orthodox all this faiths were present in riga and it was never homogenous in this aspect.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
Aww, I forgot about possible values:p

I. “Portus antiquus” Domestic trade power +15% Naval force limit +10%

II. “Livonian Crusade” National manpower +10% National sailors modifier +5%

III. “Kulturträger” Culture conversion cost -10%

IV. “Drittel” Trade Steering +25%

V. “House of Blackheads” -1 National Unrest

VI. “Protestant Influence” Missionary Strenght +1% Church Power +1

VII. “Between East and West” +1 Merchant

Reactions: