• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TD100

Corporal
Jan 16, 2014
I'm right now finishing my Ricky USA campaign, so i wanted to ask can the saves converted with in-game Ricky to HoI2 save convertor also be used as AoD saves? Or do i need a user-made one?

I'm right now finishing my Ricky USA campaign, so i wanted to ask can the saves converted with in-game Ricky to HoI2 save convertor also be used as AoD saves? Or do i need a user-made one?

Yes, you can!

Copy your converted Ricky save in the scenarios sub-directory of AOD and you'll find a new entry at the end of the scenario list. After choosing your country you'll have to hit many (!) times the ignore button when asked to continue your converted Ricky game. Once finished check closely if you like what you're seeing there.

A user-made AOD scenario is indeed an option, it depends upon which data you'd like to use for your AOD game. If you want to keep the armies & navies you can simply copy-paste them in the correct country scenario files in the 1936 sub-directory. Owned provinces and relations, too. Alliances might be more difficult, but you can replace the sections of the 0_gc_1936.eug file which is also located inside of the scenarios sub-directory. The major issues with converted Ricky saves are the economy (e.g. London 293 IC !) and the inflated army sizes which include often units with strength 10...

PS: Your post made me thinking - just for a moment - it would be quite easy to convert a Ricky game to the E3 map since you already use a province id conversion table... Just for a moment. ;) My other project eats all my spare time.