• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hamza said:
Bump.

30 views, no replies. Weak! :wacko:

Well, POP files are a beast to work with.

in theory you can use the VIP files with revolutions with only a few changes

1) Place the VIP POP .csv files in your GC folder

2) in the 1836.eug file, replace the lines that tell the game engine to access the base game POP files with lines appropriate for the VIP files

so you would need to do is replace the current lines such as

pop = "scenarios/gc/AFR1836_Somalia.csv"

(easiest way would be just to comment them out, then its easy to reinstate them if you decide you don't like the VIP files)

with the names of the files in VIP that you would transfer over :

pop = "scenarios/gc/AFR_somaliland.csv"

(easiest would be to take the last part of each pop file reference in the VIPscen.eug and copy/paste it onto the base line for the 1836.eug reference

so you start with from the VIPscen.eug file

pop = "scenarios/VIPscen/pops/AFR_somaliland.csv"

take the ending

AFR_somaliland.csv"

and add to

pop = "scenarios/gc/

and you get the lines that your modded .eug file will recognize. Do that for all the files transferred over from VIP and you are all set

3) There are a few cultures that have been switched/recycled in VIP. Until you change those in your world_names.csv file the old names will still be depicted.

the ones recycled are :

CULTURE_ARABIC;Badawin;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_DRAVIDIAN;Misri;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_AZERBAIJDANI;Boer;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_INDONESIAN;Moluccan;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_CAMBODIAN;Maghribi;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_HAWAIIAN;Micronesian;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_HOTTENTOT;Lunda;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_KWA;Mashriqi;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_TIBOO;Walloon;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_NUBIAN;Unyamwezi;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_FAN;Bambara;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_RAJASTHANI;Kashmiri;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_MALAYAN;Assyrian;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_HINDI;Bosniak;;;;;;;;;;x
CULTURE_NAATH;Nuer;;;;;;;;;;x

I think that is all of them. Make those changes and the names will change on screen to what makes sense for the peoples that are using it.

And that is it.

OHgamer said:
Well, POP files are a beast to work with.

in theory you can use the VIP files with revolutions with only a few changes

1) Place the VIP POP .csv files in your GC folder

2) in the 1836.eug file, replace the lines that tell the game engine to access the base game POP files with lines appropriate for the VIP files

so you would need to do is replace the current lines such as

pop = "scenarios/gc/AFR1836_Somalia.csv"

(easiest way would be just to comment them out, then its easy to reinstate them if you decide you don't like the VIP files)

with the names of the files in VIP that you would transfer over :

pop = "scenarios/gc/AFR_somaliland.csv"

(easiest would be to take the last part of each pop file reference in the VIPscen.eug and copy/paste it onto the base line for the 1836.eug reference

so you start with from the VIPscen.eug file

take the ending

AFR_somaliland.csv"

and add to

pop = "scenarios/gc/

and you get the lines that your modded .eug file will recognize. Do that for all the files transferred over from VIP and you are all set

It's easier to keep the VIP POP files in same folder and just use all the lines in VIPscen.eug for 1836.eug

just make sure that pop files are in this place. saves a lot of time this way.

Hamza said:
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneonononononooooooooo...

Hey Hamza, if you do this, could you host (probably could find a free one within the community) the pop files for the community to use? You know, so people with V:R who are lazy (like me :eek:o ) and/or too busy could benefit from your labor?

Which one's are new, because these cause some problems with the .inc files?

Like in the belgian one:
flemish and french should be changed to tiboo (waloon), otherwise waloon isn't an belgian culture..

same problem in oranje and transvaal:
dutch instead of azerbaijdani (boer)

Kamillentee said:
Which one's are new, because these cause some problems with the .inc files?

Like in the belgian one:
flemish and french should be changed to tiboo (waloon), otherwise waloon isn't an belgian culture..

same problem in oranje and transvaal:
dutch instead of azerbaijdani (boer)

A full list of all the cultures converted in VIP can be found here

GC Ricky with VIP 0.45 PoPs

Install Ricky (Patch if needed), OHGamers Hotfix and copy these files over the old ones (maybe save the old ones).

Includes the necessary changes like stated before and I've done some errorfixing by myself, like changing the belgian state cultures from flemish, french, to flemish, walloon, or adding Boer to the Boerrepublics etc. etc.

I did fix the revolt.txt too, but only for the starting GC countries + South Africa.

I've done this kind of conversion some time ago: it is nice, but two big problems: map placement of soldier and worker pops. They are simply "out of sync" in many cases.
Just watch (for example) the starting dutch armies turning into a pile of crap, and half of the industrial base of the US without craftmen and clerks, while they are without job in other states.

Kamillentee said:
Install Ricky (Patch if needed), OHGamers Hotfix and copy these files over the old ones (maybe save the old ones).

Includes the necessary changes like stated before and I've done some errorfixing by myself, like changing the belgian state cultures from flemish, french, to flemish, walloon, or adding Boer to the Boerrepublics etc. etc.

I did fix the revolt.txt too, but only for the starting GC countries + South Africa.

hmm, ill see if this works

I noticed while digging through world_names.csv that there are listings for _CULTURE_EXTRA_1_ to _99_

What is the point of these? They claim to be 'user defined', but are they in fact usable?

PyroAce2 said:
I noticed while digging through world_names.csv that there are listings for _CULTURE_EXTRA_1_ to _99_

What is the point of these? They claim to be 'user defined', but are they in fact usable?

very much so

In VIP:R we have already used about 60 of them in fact :D

you define the culture you want in world_names.txt

then in the POP files, you use culture_extra_## in the space where the culture is listed

so for example :

In VIP, we set the line for extra culture #29 in world_names.csv like this
:
_CULTURE_EXTRA_29_;Afro-American;;;;;;;;;;x

and in the POP file for Mississippi we have lines like this

1174;culture_extra_29;Protestant;slaves;;;;14

results in an Afro-American slave POP in Mississippi.

Cultures 00-24 are long-range cultures, which means they will migrate between continents like European and Chinese POPs, the rest are short-range POPs that do not migrate, like African, American and South Asian POPs

there are also religion_extra_## tags that work the same way, to allow extra religions to be displayed.

sniedermeier said:
What is the range difference between long- and short-range cultures.

short range only migrate within a nation, and even then usually no more than 3-4 provinces away and AFAIK never to another conitnent.

long range will migrate to other continents.