• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emfatic

Second Lieutenant
30 Badges
May 17, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Magicka 2
  • Prison Architect
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I had no current quests at the time that I got a reward for the completion of the Grand Hunt quest. I never got any previous messages about a Grand Hunt quest nor were there any monsters anywhere that I had just killed that could have been part of a Grand Hunt quest.

Sorry to hear it. If it happens again, please see if you can snag the autosave for the start of that turn or something else that can reproduce it, since that really helps the devs in tracking down exactly what goes wrong and how to fix it.

I know that if you hit esc to close a quest when you have it open and asking you to do something, other quests can be picked up and don't pull up to the front, and just stay there on the quest list. I don't know if you could possibly complete a quest when it is like that, but if so is it possible that's what happened?

Oddly enough, in this particular game I had had no quests whatsoever for about 20 turns and none after, so it was quite striking when this message came up all by itself unrelated to anything else. My quest count had been zero for ages.

Strange, I was just wondering as I did what I described once, and about 60 turns later was wondering why this portal quest wasn't starting. When I checked my quest list, I had like 6 quests all queued up, none of which it had informed me about. I don't think any of the quest targets had actually spawned yet so they would have been impossible to complete before I actually started them. So I didn't think this was the case for you but I figured I should ask.

I'll keep an eye out for this issue as well, and see if I can snag a save.

I just hit this as well, I'll attach the auto save of the turn it happens on. I had 9 mods on as well, I doubt they caused it but I thought it would be relevant.
I'm also not positive I uploaded the save right, I hit the export button in the savegames list, then zipped up the files pertaining to the glitched save.
Let me know if you need more information.

Attachments

• Save.zip
    1.007,5 KB · Views: 23